NHRA Changes Minimum Weights for Most Pro Stock Motorcycles...again (1 Viewer)

Matt, make sure you get that angle between the cylinders fixed too. ;) That's also been wrong for several years.

The G2 Buell is not a mass produced motorcycle. Have they even made 20? George?

I think if you orderfed a Suzuki motor from Byron and asked then to get a Kosman chassis and provide you with a running bike, they would do it for a price. Would that make them a "mass" motorcycle producer also?

The part of this weight thing that was necessary was the Kawasaki weight. Muzzy is trying the impossible, using oem Kawasaki cases, so they do need the help so that they can at least get this one in the field. If they are able to make it run hard, you can bet they won't stay at 600 lbs.

Matt. Thanks for the insight.

Jay

Does anybody besides me see a resemblance to history here? Look back at the early pro stock car fiasco. Before they went to a standard weight/cu in formula for the cars there were weight changes of the week. What a mess it turned out to be and for a while ran off mopar.

Point of all this is they [NHRA] have not learned from history. Reflecting back to the early Pro Stock days and their attempts at an even playing field in TAD one would think that those messes would have made an impression, apparently not.

They also lost an excellent opportunity when the V twins first entered the races to produce a standard set of rules like pro stock cars and the other pro categories.

Looking at the bright side they won't have to go the doctors soon as they have excellent reflexes or as some call it, knee jerk reaction........too much too soon.

jim

I like the bike class but all this constant wieght breaks gets really old. Its like Nascar a few years back, every race they had to change the rules becuase one car brand was getting their butt handed to them.

To make a change after one race seems like a knee jerk reaction. Let them race, set the rules and make everyone perform to them. It really hurts those who bust their butts trying to find more hp to all of a sudden get more weight added. Do we have a cic in pro stock bike now?

Does anybody besides me see a resemblance to history here? Look back at the early pro stock car fiasco. Before they went to a standard weight/cu in formula for the cars there were weight changes of the week. What a mess it turned out to be and for a while ran off mopar.
I've been pushing for all bikes to have engines with the same cubic inches since the V-twins were announced. :D I even said Suzuki should have been allowed to make a V-twin engine with the same cubic inches to stomp the Harley's and Buell's into the ground.

The last couple of years have been crazy with all the weight changes etc. First of all, we've only had one race and Andrew in testing was wicked fast. Why dont you let is work itself out a few races. And no offense to Matt G but its not like he's always that fast. Maybe they just stumbled onto something at Gville. (I hope not, I like seeing others run well) but still. They should have waited a few races in my opinion.

The last couple of years have been crazy with all the weight changes etc. First of all, we've only had one race and Andrew in testing was wicked fast. Why dont you let is work itself out a few races. And no offense to Matt G but its not like he's always that fast. Maybe they just stumbled onto something at Gville. (I hope not, I like seeing others run well) but still. They should have waited a few races in my opinion.

The problem is once you start doing the weekly weight adjustment-when do you stop? I dont want to hear finish line interviews complaining that "we've been stuck 10lbs heavier than the other guy for the last 2 eventswhen are we gonna get a break?"

This whole thing is ridiculous. One freaking race and they are making changes. One of the big reasons they are making changes is because of a certain someone who is complaining. He didn't qualify and has more sponsorship money than any team out there. He needs to stop *****ing and work harder, instead of making two test laps at Valdosta then leaving. How the hell do you expect to run good when you do that. Our team along with many others work our asses off to run good and find more power, then you have people that just think something should be given to them. Total bull****! Everyone out there right now is about the same. If you didn't see it at Gainesville you should have saw it at Valdosta. There were Suzuki's there running 2.49 down the back to our 2.52. They have just as much power as us, hell if not more. Some people just hit the set up and some people don't. Hey, that's racing. Sometimes the funny car guys hit the set up and some smoke the tires. You don't hear them complaining. NHRA definitely made the wrong decision here and I hopefully they will see it soon.

It seems to me the weight changes are always based on empirical data and not real numbers. I've written about this in 2005 and 2007.

Larry S., as always, makes an excellent point, one data point does not prove a trend or anything reliable to make a decision other than what is observed.

Below are the stats from May 2007 before THAT weight change. They show that there was only minute differences in the statistical data. Enough to warrant a weight change? You decide.

psm_stats.jpg

OK. Enough facts and figures. Let's move on to something really important ;) How is this going to affect the "Pick the winners"? I am really confused :confused::D

Someone probably has a really big advantage; who is it?

Thanks Karl
I was thinking they got a bigger break...........but, Andrew was sure running good test numbers and he gets a little weight break! aarrgg what to do??:D

OK. Enough facts and figures. Let's move on to something really important ;) How is this going to affect the "Pick the winners"? I am really confused :confused::D

Someone probably has a really big advantage; who is it?

Doesn't matter on the picks...I promised Amanda last year I wouldn't pick Matt again since everytime I did he lost in the 1st round..lol

Doesn't matter on the picks...I promised Amanda last year I wouldn't pick Matt again since everytime I did he lost in the 1st round..lol

Yea....it is hard to pick against Matt. He is such a good racer on Sunday! Adding weight with little or no testing has got to hurt though.

I wonder, does anyone know if anyone has tested with the new weight?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back