pro stock ladder (1 Viewer)

nitro-trucker

Nitro Member
is the ladder on nhra correct. it shows both bye runs together meaning if v. gaines get by bo he will get a bye in rd 2 no. 14 gets a bye run that don't seem right to me

is the ladder on nhra correct. it shows both bye runs together meaning if v. gaines get by bo he will get a bye in rd 2 no. 14 gets a bye run that don't seem right to me
Yes they are using a 14 car ladder. They did the same for Top Fuel back in Reading last year.

I don't agree with it either. I think #1 and #2 should both get bye runs, but those are the rules.

There are standard ladders that are in place depending on the amount of cars that qualify. We are most used to the 15 and 16 car ladders. The point of this one is to have less bye runs. People pay to see side-by-side racing. This makes for one bye. Giving the top two spots and bye means 2 solo runs.

While getting the bye and round further may appear to be extra points later, it is still the same 20 points regardless if the bye is in round 1 of 2

If there are an even number of cars/bikes, then they pair them up, and then half the field returns. On a 14 car field, 14 race and 7 come back. 7 + bye then make it an 8 car field. And if #14 beats #1 then he deserves the bye in rd 2.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back