Vegas 4 Wide-Densham Q4 Run Thrown Out? (1 Viewer)

I certainly hope the Denshams will still run occasional national events, despite this incident. With over 40 replies on this thread, it shows just how much Densham is liked and respected by everyone !

Do you remember when Terry Haddock had that valve cover issue with Nhra? That didn't seem to stop him racing big show cars did it?

Do you remember when Terry Haddock had that valve cover issue with Nhra? That didn't seem to stop him racing big show cars did it?
I’m thinking this is Gary’s decision to race or not. If Gary pays the fine, I’m sure NHRA would welcome him back with open arms.

if its a rules violation, then follow the rules and you'll be good
IF the team tampered with the shut off/parachute SAFETY system, (I'm only stating the rumors that have been inferred on this site), that would be a MAJOR infraction, punishable by major penalities. I sincerely hope Densham Racing will discuss with the racing public their opinion on the situation.

The Denshams are a class act for putting their video together to explain in detail what actually happened. I believe Gary had a parachute malfunction a few years ago that caused him to go into the net causing significant damage so if anyone knows about parachute safety he does.

It would be a tragedy if Vegas was their last event ending Gary’s 60 plus years in the sport.

One unusual thing I noticed on NHRA's "Statement of action" was that there wasn't the usual "can be appealed" sentence at the end. I'm thinking that this video would be a good tool for appeals if it was allowed. But is it ?
I also wonder if his good buddy John Force might come to his aid in some form. But I agree with David that it would be a tragedy if Gary leaves

This makes me wonder .... Why is there no communication between the NHRA and the teams between rounds ( especially when turn around times are being shorten... as GD stated) Who was the official that seen the repair ( if it was a problem, why was he able to run the car?) Who made the call to DQ / the $$$ fine amount. Is there a appeal process? What is NHRA's side and are we gonna here it. (Besides what they've already stated.

hmmmm. i'm gonna' side with gary on this. nhra should at least review their decision; weigh the future ramifications of it.
a little egg on face and an apology could go a long way. or not. we'll see. a 4th rnd Q that got them in the show, and used one chute on a long track with uphill shutdown, same as other racers,
to move the flow of the show. this certainly isn't their first rodeo. they don't have to show up as a lower qualifying car. at pomona. at sonoma. at vegas. and even at brainerd. but they do.

Seems to me that if this was as serious an issue as NHRA apparently thinks it is, action should be taken against the NHRA officials that witnessed the issue and still allowed Steven to race. They had the ability to stop a possible safety issue from occurring and failed to do so. I'm not a racer so I'll leave it up to those more knowledgeable than me to comment on the seriousness of the issue as Gary laid it out.

Seems to me that if this was as serious an issue as NHRA apparently thinks it is, action should be taken against the NHRA officials that witnessed the issue and still allowed Steven to race. They had the ability to stop a possible safety issue from occurring and failed to do so. I'm not a racer so I'll leave it up to those more knowledgeable than me to comment on the seriousness of the issue as Gary laid it out.
WHY'? did they let a safety infraction that they witness happen If it was that grave It should not of been left to happen . THEY left a safety issue to happen, so they may fine someone?????? LETS FUND THE SAFETY SAFFARI-The racers, not Nhra

WHY'? did they let a safety infraction that they witness happen If it was that grave It should not of been left to happen . THEY left a safety issue to happen, so they may fine someone?????? LETS FUND THE SAFETY SAFFARI-The racers, not Nhra
Is this to be a game of I caught you?

Props to Gary for being a standup guy and making the video to show EVERYONE no problem existed and everyone was safe. Wishing other parties involved would be so transparent.

How are racers allowed to deploy only one chute with the Leahy system ? If you only deploy one and it doesn"t blossom ,then what. If you"re on a shorter track that could become a real problem. I thought the Leahy system was about safety. Am I missing something here ?

Did anyone watch Clay Millican's U-tube video of the Vegas race. He was caught with a Wedding Ring on after a run. He was told to remove it (NOT ALLOWED). He asked since when, he was told many yrs ago. His statement was you better explain this to the WIFE. LOL
He stated he's done it his entire life. So, I ask was the NHRA crew on a trophy hunt that weekend?

How are racers allowed to deploy only one chute with the Leahy system ? If you only deploy one and it doesn"t blossom ,then what. If you"re on a shorter track that could become a real problem. I thought the Leahy system was about safety. Am I missing something here ?
The way I understand it, if the driver is under power past the Leahy device on the wall (after the 1320 line), it will shut the car off and deploy the chutes. If not, the driver is in control

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back