maybe it ain't the "good old days" - but as long as they are days I'll take 'em (1 Viewer)

moon

Nitro Member
So, I've been on here for roughly 20 years, don't post too much.
I guess I'm traditional, my favorite era of NHRA is 1986 - 2010ish.
The sport has changed for sure, I see a lot of complaining about the changes, change occurs in all aspects of existence.
I see some ideas posted - safety related, competition related, diving, qualifying games, countdown or no countdown, 1320 vs 1000 -
I like to read the dialogue - it would be nice to not have tracks closing down as well -
So, just a random thought or two - I love the factory stock deal, i still like pro stock (even if it's not mid 80s to 90s at this point).
I don't believe the countdown is going away - and it does not bother me that much - embrace it ...
Want the best out of each run? There are bonus qualifying points each session - how about points for best RT as well?
Not only in qualifying, but each round of eliminations?
Maybe some gimmicky ideas, but if this is a win as a team lose as a team sport - 3/2/1 points each round for best RT and best ET to make the teams and drivers push every run ....
What about reseeding the ladder each round based on ET?
#1 has a bye and runs 8th quickest RD 1 time, #2 runs quickest RD 1 - 2nd RD is 2 vs 1 etc ...
Hell, this is extreme - but how about quickest ET of previous round winners gets to pick their lane and opponent?
They're already playing that game in qualifying - imagine in the Finals - Brittany beats Billy and runs low ET of the round and gets to pick Steve as her round 2 foe ....
Just ideas - fire away - I'll still be watching as long as they are running - maybe it ain't the "good old days" - but as long as they are days I'll take 'em

Thanks to the NHRA, TV/media people, drivers/crew, fellow maters, PTW crew for making for good Sunday fun!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back