Poynter's new gig (1 Viewer)

And in six months into the season, we'll be seeing on NHRA.com that Herbert
"wants a change in direction" with another CC. I'm not bashing Herbert, but I am just going by his previous CC history.

"wants a change in direction" with another CC. I'm not bashing Herbert, but I am just going by his previous CC history.

That is being auful generous. I don't think it will be anywhere near that long.

I'm super happy for KP and Doug but where is Jim Brisette in all of this?

Samuel, I'm confused. Were you never spanked as a child or beaten mercilessly? You ARE, IN FACT, bashing Herbert. Have you ever met and spoken to Doug Herbert? I know him personally and visa versa. He's one of the genuine good guys in drag racing and he doesn't deserve such comments. As for John McGuire, well, I"ll not waste my typing time.

That is being auful generous. I don't think it will be anywhere near that long.

If they are either smoking the tires or scattering parts every pass in addition to not qualifying, Herbert has every right. If they are performing, and it's a good bet they will, I'm guessing they'll have a lot of fun and be well taken care of. How soon we forget Herbert stayed by Wayne's side like a brother (Wayne quit), and, I think I'll get a T-shirt to further help Billy Williams (Herbert does that too). Brissette I'm sure will remain close by.

Herbert is a great guy and I always root for him. My Dad bought a shirt for his granddaughter (my niece) and asked Doug to sign it. He spelled her name wrong and took another shirt and made it right. Extra Kudos to the person (LP) who's been updating his blog on NHRA.com. She does a good job, I wish I remembered her full name.

Hopefully P will fit in smoothly with that team.

Well Damm...Look's like my powerball dream was just that....a dream!! In this dream, I won $100,000,000 and went A/Fuel Racing for a full season. But, I hired Kevin Poynter to tune that car, and assemble a team that could GEL at the track, develop some chemistry, then move up to Top Fuel for the next 4years!!! I've got NOTHING BUT RESPECT for Kevin Poynter!!! I love his Enthusiasm, and he's a great guy to talk to. At the Children's Speedway Charities poker tourny, before the games actually started I was hangin out in one of the bars....*SHOCKING HUH*...watching game 1 of the world series.

There was good ol "P" with his Eric Medlen hat on, sittin down having a beverage and watching the game. I told the bar tender to order up another of what he was having and have one of the "HOT" waitress' deliver it to him and tell him it was a gift from a huge fan! When she brought it to him, he looked around the bar, wondering who bought him a drink...PROBABLY HOPING IT WAS THE WAITRESS:D...! I really think he'll fit in just fine with DOUGZILLA and crew!!!

....oh and ps..in that dream...
1) PJ got his wish and Tom Compton offered a public apology for the whole countdown thing....
2) Kelly was named "FAN OF THE YEAR" in National Dragster Magazine and was given free admission, flights, room and board...and all the budweiser she could drink at all 24 national events! :D
3) Joe Sherwood was named "OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF NHRA.COM", and PENTHOUSE was an official sponsor of NHRA..(COINCIDENCE???)
...and finally...
4) Alan got that dream job of driving a funny car!!!:eek:

Samuel, I'm confused. Were you never spanked as a child or beaten mercilessly? You ARE, IN FACT, bashing Herbert. Have you ever met and spoken to Doug Herbert? I know him personally and visa versa. He's one of the genuine good guys in drag racing and he doesn't deserve such comments. As for John McGuire, well, I"ll not waste my typing time.

Sorry if you feel I was bashing. One thing I should clarify, I really hope Herbert gives KP time to gel, because I actually do like Herbert and hope he does well next year.

OK, you know Herbert and he knows you and he's a nice guy. Lots of people think he's a really nice guy. Doesn't cover the fact that thru the years a lot of people have come and gone with the Herbert team and not with much success. I didn't see any bashing, just a statement that has a ring of truth to it. Brisette is one of my hero's from the old days and he's still around. And BTW what really did happen with Wayne?

OK, you know Herbert and he knows you and he's a nice guy. Lots of people think he's a really nice guy. Doesn't cover the fact that thru the years a lot of people have come and gone with the Herbert team and not with much success. I didn't see any bashing, just a statement that has a ring of truth to it. Brisette is one of my hero's from the old days and he's still around. And BTW what really did happen with Wayne?

Take a number and get in line for the anti-Herbert bandwagon. You may have to wait for the space availability sign to come on however.
If you want to know what happened to Wayne, just ask him but remember to ask Doug for his point of view as well. As I seem to remember, after his accident his gracious boss kept him on and took very good care of him throughout his long recovery. His position was preserved and by his own choice, he departed. Where's Doug the bad guy again? I get so confused? Brisette must think he's a pretty good fellow since he's always making himself available when needed and I doubt that would be the case if he didn't really like 'ol Doug. Now, in comparison, I don't know who your favorite driver/owner is but you may want to count the number of crew chiefs and personnel changes within these teams. With very few exceptions, there are many and the timing is often. This sport is not for the faint of heart and the closeness is of such that people who get offended easily move around a lot.

I'll stand by my previous statement that Doug Herbert is one of the truly good guys in this sport. He's not perfect however if that's what you expect. I haven't met that guy in person as yet.

Bobby, why don't you take your own advice? Your statement about how it was inappropriate for Don to not let Richie know Mopar was gone before the rumor hit the street was bashing because you had no facts. Just in case you have forgotten, here's a link to your statement. You should not portray yourself as Mr. Respectful if you are going to put down others without facts.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/11691-mopar-pulls-pro-stock-sponsorship-dsr-2.html#post110302

Take a number and get in line for the anti-Herbert bandwagon. You may have to wait for the space availability sign to come on however.
If you want to know what happened to Wayne, just ask him but remember to ask Doug for his point of view as well. As I seem to remember, after his accident his gracious boss kept him on and took very good care of him throughout his long recovery. His position was preserved and by his own choice, he departed. Where's Doug the bad guy again? I get so confused? Brisette must think he's a pretty good fellow since he's always making himself available when needed and I doubt that would be the case if he didn't really like 'ol Doug. Now, in comparison, I don't know who your favorite driver/owner is but you may want to count the number of crew chiefs and personnel changes within these teams. With very few exceptions, there are many and the timing is often. This sport is not for the faint of heart and the closeness is of such that people who get offended easily move around a lot.

I'll stand by my previous statement that Doug Herbert is one of the truly good guys in this sport. He's not perfect however if that's what you expect. I haven't met that guy in person as yet.

Wow!!! I think you need to go to the corner and take a time out. Then maybe some deep breaths and start over. There's no bashing but you're sure super sensitive about it.

Bobby, why don't you take your own advice? Your statement about how it was inappropriate for Don to not let Richie know Mopar was gone before the rumor hit the street was bashing because you had no facts. Just in case you have forgotten, here's a link to your statement. You should not portray yourself as Mr. Respectful if you are going to put down others without facts.

There's little question that you are on a crusade to discredit me and my posts, given the content and context of your follow ups to my posts lately, but you seem to be missing a lot of others? Is that because they seem OK in your book or because you can't find anything to criticize?

There's little question that you are on a crusade to discredit me and my posts, given the content and context of your follow ups to my posts lately, but you seem to be missing a lot of others? Is that because they seem OK in your book or because you can't find anything to criticize?

Bobby,

I am not trying to discredit you, but I do have a hard time sitting back and watch you slam Sam for bashing when you bashed Don Schumacher for not telling Richie earlier.

Boys, Boys, Boys no fighting lets just wish Kevin well in his new venture. Kevin and Terri are good friend of mine I know he will do well there because he is driven for perfection

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back