Outstanding ESPN coverage (1 Viewer)

I think the coverage STUNK, far too many commercials! Now I know why I very seldom ever watch the tv coverage, preferring instead, to follow it online.

I really enjoyed all of the coverage, and was really pleased to see how balanced and widespread the interviews were. Less Force and more everyone else really helped the coverage in my opinion. The ultra-mo shots were great, and although some segments were repeated, I really enjoyed watching all of it. John Kernan, as always, was terrific, and kudos to Dave Reiff also..

Definitely the best coverage I have seen to date from the crew. And, yes, there were lots of commercials, but I started watching each segment 1/2 hr late on the dvr and blew through the commercials. Thumbs up to the coverage gang, Mike Dunn, and I have to say, I thought Paul Page did an excellent job also.

didn't get to see that much coverage over weekend but what i did see was
excellent....cheated and saw rnd. 1 results online, then turned on tv yesterday
@ about 3:30 and caught some of 2nd rnd., then rest of race - good stuff.
just can't waste a perfectly sunny holiday in front of tv :rolleyes:

I loved the race coverage, was a great show and great racing. It was pretty close to live coverage, there has to be that much "filler" to cover all of the rounds.

I was very impressed with the coverage this weekend. I thought there was a good balance of interviews with a variety of drivers/racers, both current and past mixed, in with some history and obviously the race itself. They'll never get it perfect for everyone, and I'm generally pretty pleased with the normal product, but this weekend was defintely enjoyable and particularly well done.

BTW, in reference to the "Big Go, big deal?" thread - If there was any doubt, check out Capps' interview after losing... that pretty much sums it up. Kudos to John Kernan for having the courage to approach the losers for an interview - I'd rather tame wild Pit Bulls. ;o)

Also, though we've seen it before the Tim, Timmy Timothy Wilkerson bit is hilarious!!!

BTW, in reference to the "Big Go, big deal?" thread - If there was any doubt, check out Capps' interview after losing... that pretty much sums it up. Kudos to John Kernan for having the courage to approach the losers for an interview - I'd rather tame wild Pit Bulls. ;o)

My wife hung out in the man cave with me for most of the race yesterday and she thought it was so sad that Capps was on the verge of tears after that semi-final loss but after seeing that interview she also told me that she'll be pulling for Ron to get his first Indy win and a funny car championship next year.

My wife hung out in the man cave with me for most of the race yesterday and she thought it was so sad that Capps was on the verge of tears after that semi-final loss but after seeing that interview she also told me that she'll be pulling for Ron to get his first Indy win and a funny car championship next year.

Good to hear, Mike. Maybe a little Peach Melba for desert next Labor Day will bring good mojo to the Napa team? ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back