Only 13 Funny Cars at Charlotte? (1 Viewer)

Alexis got to the final. Strange race, both cars shut off. She did run some numbers so the car is competitive.

Alexis got to the final. Strange race, both cars shut off. She did run some numbers so the car is competitive.
Del mentioned that they brought in Frank Hawley to help the car and the driver. It seemed to pay dividends this weekend.

Del mentioned that they brought in Frank Hawley to help the car and the driver. It seemed to pay dividends this weekend.
I've been to Hawley's school, the guy is WAY more intelligent than I bet most people would believe. I think after he started the school in the '80s, he himself really became a student of the game, and gained a wealth of knowledge regarding the psychology of racing. I'm tempted to go back just to listen to the classroom segments and take better notes!

I've been to Hawley's school, the guy is WAY more intelligent than I bet most people would believe. I think after he started the school in the '80s, he himself really became a student of the game, and gained a wealth of knowledge regarding the psychology of racing. I'm tempted to go back just to listen to the classroom segments and take better notes!
He definately has a great track record developing drivers

Was looking at a National Dragster last night with the 1984 Springnationals results. They only had 15 Top Fuel Dragsters at that event. I guess the sky was falling and the writing was on the wall then too...but here we are, 37 years later...still running them...
Was there an IHRA race that weekend also? Could have been.

Short FC field last weekend and this one. An expensive class to run. But I think it’s disrespectful that because they can’t draw 16 FC’s those that qualified beyond number 8 don’t even get a mention during qualifying. 😤 they only show the top 8! Sorry you other guys who spent thousands of dollars to run, we’re not even going to show your name in the order or even show it on the ladder during the first round of eliminations ☹️

Short FC field last weekend and this one. An expensive class to run. But I think it’s disrespectful that because they can’t draw 16 FC’s those that qualified beyond number 8 don’t even get a mention during qualifying. 😤 they only show the top 8! Sorry you other guys who spent thousands of dollars to run, we’re not even going to show your name in the order or even show it on the ladder during the first round of eliminations ☹️
I've noticed that when they have a short field (like 12 or 13)they'll only show the top 8 so some folks won't realize how short the field is. They showed the whole list for TF at the same race so they are hiding the fact the field is short in FC

Was looking at a National Dragster last night with the 1984 Springnationals results. They only had 15 Top Fuel Dragsters at that event. I guess the sky was falling and the writing was on the wall then too...but here we are, 37 years later...still running them...
At that time NHRA was running 8-car TF fields at several races. TF appeared to be on the wane, then Garlits made his NHRA comeback at Indy and everything changed.

I'm glad some here have brought up the short fields we occasionally saw years ago, and even the 8 car shows at some events. I've been around this sport since I was born, and it's always been "in trouble" or on a downward spiral. People see a 15 car FC field and assume we're headed to 8 car shows. How about looking at it like, if a couple of new owners add 2nd cars, and some of the part timers add to their schedule, and maybe another sportsman racer moves up, now we're having bumps at almost all the races? It happens that fast. These are not the easiest of times out there, so when I see 15-18 in any of the pro classes, I think it's a great show. Especially with the level of competition we're seeing these days. JMO, but I tend to be an optimist. :)

At that time NHRA was running 8-car TF fields at several races. TF appeared to be on the wane, then Garlits made his NHRA comeback at Indy and everything changed.

That may explain Sanair, but Columbus and Gainesville were all run in '84.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back