Alan R, Top Fuel Ladder (1 Viewer)

JAG

Nitro Member
Alan,

I'm looking at the Top Fuel ladder on NHRA.com. Something doesn't look right to me. It's showing #1 vs #8, and all the spots seem to be not for the typical 16 car field. i know there is only 15 TF cars there. How does this ladder set up differently that normal?

Thanks,

Looks like they didn't account for the bye run and all the drivers below that are one box too high.

Looks like they didn't account for the bye run and all the drivers below that are one box too high.

It just looks real confusing to me. Also another question, if there are only 15 or 16 cars for a 16 car field, is there really a point to the #12 spot cut off for Friday sessions?

It just looks real confusing to me. Also another question, if there are only 15 or 16 cars for a 16 car field, is there really a point to the #12 spot cut off for Friday sessions?

short answer is nope, there is no reason that anyone's best run of the weekend should be thrown out...

50 how-many years thrown away for the 'show'...

d'kid

Is it that hard to fix the ladder on their website? You would think anybody that knows anything about drag racing would see the problem and fix it.

Is it that hard to fix the ladder on their website? You would think anybody that knows anything about drag racing would see the problem and fix it.

It's still wrong - the last person in Glendora that knows anything about drag racing has left the building.
Go to the IndyCar website and see how this should be done - you can print the starting grid which includes graphics of drivers, cars and statistics.

They've had a couple chances to notice the problem, too. After the Friday session in Bristol there were only 15 top fuel times, as Todd Payton didn't run until Sat. On NHRA.com the ladder was screwed up the same way then. Who ever wrote the code for that didn't allow for a short field, and no one there must ever look at the page. They'll notice it eventually, there may be more chances coming up.

It's still wrong - the last person in Glendora that knows anything about drag racing has left the building.
Go to the IndyCar website and see how this should be done - you can print the starting grid which includes graphics of drivers, cars and statistics.

INDYCar does it right with live timing and scoring and live video too. I watched some of qualifying there yesterday and opening day at INDY a few weeks ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back