One ancillary issue re: Team Force/Medlin (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
One of the issues that I've wondered about the past couple of days (besides the Medlin family's suffering) is what will become of his crew in the next few months?
The accident was tragic and a true drag racing star has been lost, no doubt.
I also feel for the guys who made their living working on his car; they have families to feed as well.

I hope the guys that were on his crew will continue to have a home with JFR. There is a lot of talent there, and it would be a shame if they weren't able to continue with Mr. Force's class operation.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Medlin family and John Force Racing during this period of mourning.

Michael

Umm... I would like to assume that JFR would not just boot these guys out on their rears. I am sure that there will be plenty of other spots for them amoung the other 3 cars. There is no way JFR would want to lose the talent that was on that team.

My thoughts exactly. It's just hard to think about Eric being replaced right now.
It's same, albeit sad scenario that other car owners in motorsports have had to face. Richard Childress & Joe Amato come to mind. Joe did take several events off before putting Morgan Lucas in the car after Darrell Russell's death, and Childress as we all know put Kevin Harvick in that car after the death of Dale Earnhardt.

John is a businessman as much as he is a racer, and if there are sponsor deals in place that are committed to the team, then somehow the obligations will have to be fulfilled. Personally, I know this from experience with a sprint car team my Dad was the engine builder for. His driver was killed, and he elected to leave the sport as an owner. His reasoning was his team was self-funded, and had no sponsors to answer to.

I would never speculate on what another person would do with their business, and I would respect as a fan whatever decision John Force makes. Yes, it's way too soon to think about what to do for the team, and we all know that as callous it sounds, the show must go on.

If I were keeping the team, I would hire Phil Burkart.

Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff???? What do you think Johns gonna let them all go??? You guys need to find something else to consume your life!!!! All this speculation and rumormongering is getting old fast. Why dont you all let them deal with the important stuff and leave the wondering and speculation out of it!!!!!! Johns been doing this a long time, I think he's got it under control.

Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff???? What do you think Johns gonna let them all go??? You guys need to find something else to consume your life!!!! All this speculation and rumormongering is getting old fast. Why dont you all let them deal with the important stuff and leave the wondering and speculation out of it!!!!!! Johns been doing this a long time, I think he's got it under control.

Great post, Kelly.

We should all concentrate our time and energy on another thread here that has less speculation...like:

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/5928-tobler-resigns-kalitta.html

Just kidding, of course.

RG

Man I tell ya, this stuff has been about beat to death!!! Give John and the guys time to regroup!! This crap started before Eric even passed. I'm sure they just love hearing about all the crap being said on the net. I would'nt be to quick to use my name and say you serve on a safety crew, things can come back to bite you in the butt. The higher powers at glendora may not think to kindly of it when you are suppose to be representing them.

Kelly,
I understand what you are saying in your post, but I disagree in the way you responded so harshly.

Michael started this thread with a valid discussion/concern in my opinoin. I don't think he was trying to tell us what's going to happen at JFR, but he does have a valid point. Michael said:
Registered member said:
I also feel for the guys who made their living working on his car; they have families to feed as well.

I hope the guys that were on his crew will continue to have a home with JFR.
Was that wrong? He didn't say that John was going to do this or that.

We're all greatly sadden and hurt by the loss of Eric (I'm still in utter disbelief) and only time will somewhat help us (me atleast) to heal.

But, please give Michael some slack on his thread, he's not intending to be disrepectful or thoughtless during this trying time.:(

If you don't want to talk about the future of the JFR right now, then that's fine, don't particpate in the thread. I don't want to think of racing without Eric, so I don't have much to say about Syntec team right now, but maybe others respectfully do. (I know it's AAA of SC & not Castrol Syntec, but that's how I like to refer to Eric's team, as the Syntec team)

Kelly,
I understand what you are saying in your post, but I disagree in the way you responded so harshly.

Michael started this thread with a valid discussion/concern in my opinoin. I don't think he was trying to tell us what's going to happen at JFR, but he does have a valid point. Michael said:

We're all greatly sadden and hurt by the loss of Eric (I'm still in utter disbelief) and only time will somewhat help us (me atleast) to heal.

But, please give Michael some slack on his thread, he's not intending to be disrepectful or thoughtless during this trying time.:(

If you don't want to talk about the future of the JFR right now, then that's fine, don't particpate in the thread. I don't want to think of racing without Eric, so I don't have much to say about Syntec team right now, but maybe others respectfully do. (I know it's AAA of SC & not Castrol Syntec, but that's how I like to refer to Eric's team, as the Syntec team)

Great post Naz .....

Kelly,

Finally, a voice of reason... I couldn't have put it any better!

Wasnt it reported somewhere that JFR will not be running a 4th car?

That says to me that he will not try to replace Eric.

seriuosly kelly, calm down, its only a valid question and discussion. weather wed like to admit it or not, yes this is a hard time now, but ill bet we are all thinking of the future of that car and john medlen and crew. im sure jfr has it under control, and yes im still mourning the loss of eric, but as a hardcore john force racing fan im wondering about the future also. i hope they bring that car back out with whoever driving it and kick major butt! rip eric :(

No one else said it so I will...

Skuza!

Good for sponsors
Good teacher fo AF
Good for sport
Good for Skuza

A win win... (I didn't actually wirte win win did I?)

seriuosly kelly, calm down, its only a valid question and discussion. weather wed like to admit it or not, yes this is a hard time now, but ill bet we are all thinking of the future of that car and john medlen and crew. im sure jfr has it under control, and yes im still mourning the loss of eric, but as a hardcore john force racing fan im wondering about the future also. i hope they bring that car back out with whoever driving it and kick major butt! rip eric :(
You just made my point!! John has it under control. Give it a rest already!!!!!

I ran over to Impact in Brownsburg to get my new firesuit yesterday and also stopped by Mark Kaisers MPH before i left town. As I was leaving, the silver and blue Force tow truck pulled in. Never gave it much thought as there are always pro team vehicles sitting in Marks lot. Im pretty sure it was Johns tow vehicle cause it had Johnforce.com on the side windows. What does this have to do with this thread.............

As I was pulling out to head back to the interstate, I passed another Force tow vehicle that said EricMedlen.com on the side windows. I just caught a glimpse of it but im 98% positive of what it said. Not sure who was driving, not sure even if those are still the tow vehicles actually used or if they have been retired to parts chasers and lunch trucks but none the less......they were on the road with employees in them and that tells me the ball is still in play and the Juggernaut will continue to roll

Go Team Force
Eric, We will miss you.

Great post Naz .....
I think all of NAZ' posts are great, he's always a man of reason.............

I'm sure that a big part of the decision will be left up to John Medlin and what he wants to do going forward. One thing that can be counted on is that John Force is all about loyalty. No one will be simply thrown to the wayside.

Quote: "As I was pulling out to head back to the interstate, I passed another Force tow vehicle that said EricMedlen.com on the side windows. I just caught a glimpse of it but im 98% positive of what it said. Not sure who was driving, not sure even if those are still the tow vehicles actually used or if they have been retired to parts chasers and lunch trucks but none the less......they were on the road with employees in them and that tells me the ball is still in play and the Juggernaut will continue to roll"

There could be a thousand reasons why you might have seen that support vehicle on the road. They could have been transporting people to the airport or a number of things. Just because you saw the SUV driving around likely has nothing to do with Force's future plans if any with the team. People really should give this a rest and not comment on replacement drivers, etc. It's just not the right thing to do a this momment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back