This is why I rarely watch "reality" shows (1 Viewer)

I guess as they bring in the others they have to introduce them to the audience and Rodeo is/was a big part of Eric's life!
Besides that even if it isn't your bag its really an extreme sport.
I had a brother in law who was a bull rider and I can safely say people there is no way to fake riding a raging bull and those things weigh as much as a top fuel dragster!
Would you want to be run over by a Dragster ?
I wouldn't belittle bronc or bull riders as I said it is an extreme sport.

being a bull rider and being a nitro funny car driver are 1 and 2 in the most extreme sports in the world to mee. that young man needs his head examined :)

dosen't he have 4 daughters? Robert's wife??

Why is there no mention of her? I read a number of times in the captions that
Ashley is the oldest.

Yea reality TV and (reality based)

It's a show about the Fource family that happens to be played by the
people the're protraying.
There's another thread here somewhere that explains this entire situation. Adria will be introduced in a later episode, she's John's oldest and from his first marraige. Ashley is Laurie's oldest.

It's reality television, and we all know what "reality tv" is about. Atleast I hope everyone does? They know the camera's are there, so they act accordingly. The producers want to portray certain images, so they shoot & re-shoot until they get what they're looking for. Everything on television is scripted to a certain point unless you put hidden camera's in homes, cars, etc. and spy on unsuspecting people. Most of us here really wouldn't like what we'd see if that were the case, no matter who the subject of the spying was.
It's a good show. Enjoy the entertainment value and don't look to much into it, it's no like we need to use a magnifying glass and disect it to pieces. Just take it for what it's worth and revel in the extra exposure for our wonderful sport. :)

There's another thread here somewhere that explains this entire situation. Adria will be introduced in a later episode, she's John's oldest and from his first marraige. Ashley is Laurie's oldest.

It's reality television, and we all know what "reality tv" is about. Atleast I hope everyone does? They know the camera's are there, so they act accordingly. The producers want to portray certain images, so they shoot & re-shoot until they get what they're looking for. Everything on television is scripted to a certain point unless you put hidden camera's in homes, cars, etc. and spy on unsuspecting people. Most of us here really wouldn't like what we'd see if that were the case, no matter who the subject of the spying was.
It's a good show. Enjoy the entertainment value and don't look to much into it, it's no like we need to use a magnifying glass and disect it to pieces. Just take it for what it's worth and revel in the extra exposure for our wonderful sport. :)

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Very well stated. This is TV entertainment folks. Us drag fans are looking to see another side to Force and his team/family/empire. However, A&E's goal is only to get ratings and, therefore, sell advertising. That is IT!!!

I am enjoying it despite it's flaws because I am a drag racing fan!:cool:

This show was marketed as a Drag racing family RS. The Posters had Ashley looking Hot in her firesuit, and now we find out they are doing an episode of Eric Medlin's rodeo exploits???? I hope the Mustard's Not off the Hotdog with this deal.....:rolleyes:

I am looking forward to that stuff. Only because, to me, the behind the scenes (or even outside interests) is good stuff. I am less interested in the girls picking Sadie Hawkins (sp?) dates. But I am surely not really in their demographic! Neither are you Joe!! :::snicker::::D :eek:

I am looking forward to that stuff. Only because, to me, the behind the scenes (or even outside interests) is good stuff. I am less interested in the girls picking Sadie Hawkins (sp?) dates. But I am surely not really in their demographic! Neither are you Joe!! :::snicker::::D :eek:

Hey Stop That!:p :eek:

We had Hurricane Rita rip though our area last Sept. That Home Makeover show thing came down to redo a couple of buildings (a school theater that had no insurance and one of the fire stations that got messed up) in one of the harder hit smaller towns near the coast. It was cool to have these people come and help, it is and was greatly appreciated but getting to see how some of the Reality Shows work is not like it is on TV that’s for sure. They filmed the people running in and checking out the new places like 4 or 5 times to get the reaction shots they wanted & the “stars” of the show didn’t come into town just for a day or two. Not how they showed them on TV making decisions & working on the rooms and whatnot.

Driving Force shows some of the behind the scenes stuff (so far) and I think that’s good exposing people that normally are not Drag Racing fans or people see how some of it works. I could see this show on MTV or TLC or something. When heard it was going to be on A&E was a little bit of a surprise to me. It’s pretty much the only show I watch on that channel. I wasn’t even sure I had the channel when I first heard about it. :D

For me, I like the reality shows, it's real people VS people playing someone else. I am told some actors can make up to a million bills per show, you have got to be kidding me. Millions bills per show, while the greatest people on this earth, our "Military Personnel" who fight and die for our freedom get paid pennies on the dollar compared to actors. And when your are at the end of your rope and your day is ending and you have to dial those three numbers "911". Who do you think is going to come save you? It sure isn't going to be some actor. It's our great men and women of "Law Enforcement" or our great "EMTs, Firefighters and Paramedics"!

For me, I like the reality shows, it's real people VS people playing someone else. I am told some actors can make up to a million bills per show, you have got to be kidding me. Millions bills per show, while the greatest people on this earth, our "Military Personnel" who fight and die for our freedom get paid pennies on the dollar compared to actors. And when your are at the end of your rope and your day is ending and you have to dial those three numbers "911". Who do you think is going to come save you? It sure isn't going to be some actor. It's our great men and women of "Law Enforcement" or our great "EMTs, Firefighters and Paramedics"!

Very well said!

I think last week's episode was fairly important to the whole series.
All of us are somewhat familiar with John's story, both on and off track,
but for the general public to appreciate this show, they have to be
shown that John was not born with a silver spoon, so to speak.
I try to watch it objectively and so far i really like it. It's a great
representation of rags to riches and trying to instill the same work
ethic in his daughters. The fact that drag racing is the backdrop
is only a plus for further exposure of the sport IMO.
...and the sideline story that running a large company and keeping
any semblence of a normal family life is extremely difficult.
sure they're paid less than actors and the scenes are staged;
doesn't bother me.

I guess as they bring in the others they have to introduce them to the audience and Rodeo is/was a big part of Eric's life!
Besides that even if it isn't your bag its really an extreme sport.
I had a brother in law who was a bull rider and I can safely say people there is no way to fake riding a raging bull and those things weigh as much as a top fuel dragster!
Would you want to be run over by a Dragster ?
I wouldn't belittle bronc or bull riders as I said it is an extreme sport.

A dragster will run over ya once,:eek: but won't turn around and keep trying to get ya.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back