Nothing has changed (1 Viewer)

you

Nitro Member
Found these from when the new site was created. Nothing has changed and nothing will change as long as human interaction is involved.

From a thread started on July 8, 2006 entitled "I Like The New Format!!!!":

These are the first two posts of the thread.....

Glad you made the changes to this site. The statement made earlier about people not saying what they post on this site to someone in person was so true. ORSCA had the same problem then they went to a similiar format and everybody became more respectfull to each other. They still have arguments over there once in a while but at least you know who you are having a disagreement with:D . John.

I agree with you. This should elminate much of the crap slinging that would go on at times. I look forward to hopefully getting this place back to the way it was 4 or 5 years ago.

WOW ... I can't believe it has been four and a half years already since the site went to the "new" format. Time flies when you are getting old ... and by "you" I meant all of YOU ... certainly not me ;) :D

But I do agree somewhat with what you are saying Phillip. As long as someone can hide behind a keyboard, even if their real name is at the top of the post, internet one-upsmanship and the overwhelming urge to have the last word are going to overtake some folk's civil decency. It CAN'T be prevented in any way that would make the board any fun or relevant. Like I said in the other thread, the first time I was involved in an internet message board discussion just like this was in 1988 when I was 14!!! Here we are 22 years later and nothing has changed.

Like my Granpappy used to always say, you have to take the good with the bad. Fortunately, there has been a lot more good than bad for me at the Mater. Your milage may vary.

True there are some things still the same but the months leading up to the change had gotten ugly. So the change did help.

I find it very funny that in about 4 other threads every one is taking the hide off about people being critical, name calling etc. and in the Mike Ashley thread the same people are forming a lynch mob.

Holy crap Batman is that face coming or going?

if everyone acted like educated individuals who respect others people's opinions half the crap on this site would never start. You should not have to ask, it's just an opinion and we should not have to witness people going to war to protect their logic while accepting nothing else.

I feel like Mark Ratner standing up for Damone. Ugh....I don't know if I can do it anymore.

It's considerable tamer and I can't get Drunk and sing on the Keyboard on the Politics Thingie cause I'm all by myself anymore !

Some of the ones that made the most noise are gone !

Oh I could get Drunk and sing on the Politics site but I don't drink anymore or go to the Politics Site !

Everyone knows Politics has no place on a racing website ! Pleeease !!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back