I Like The New Format!!!! (1 Viewer)

Hey Jerrod, it will take some time to get used to the new format and it's a shame that it had to come to this but I think in the long run we will be much better off.
Thanks.

I thought I would reflect now that its been around 24 hours since the change, is that we're able to start fresh with new topics and have a conversation like adults and friends.

I manage some large automotive forums on the net and in the beginning there was one site with a small handful of people, you knew their names and have some sense of comraderie. With growth those numbers have skyrocketed and the comfortable feeling of familiarity has long been gone and it just isn't the same as it used to be.

I liken it to this change where tempers used to flare commonly, the moderators were blamed a lot and the anonymity was all that you saw. This recreation of the site has given the mater a fresh start where only the non-paranoid, dedicated fans and people involved in drag racing can convene to share stories, knowledge and an occasional laugh.

I feel fortunate to be able to get in and experience this new chapter in the mater book.

Jerrod, Shannon and the rest of the staff, If I can ever do anything to help out, please let me know and thank you for providing a great site!

Well, I finally can post, now the only thing left is for me to be able to load my avatar, which...I might add.... I just changed on the 'old' mater 2 days ago! Arrrgh....

Thanks to all who have helped me get up and running. Good luck with the new Mater!

Jackee

I like the new format and really hope that there will be a greater number of more intelligent conversations. I used to post occasionally back on the old forum, but like others have said, the topic quickly went awry, and I did more lurking instead. Even speaking to fellow racers and crew, there wasn't a very high opinion of it. I'm confident that will change now and look forward to meeting some of the other members. Just look me up in the Comp pits!

Well, it took me a while - but here I am - a reformed 'mater! Good luck to us all here. And thanks to Jarrod, Shannon & everyone involved for giving this another shot. There's too many great people here to just pull the plug.
As for me, I'm counting down the hours 'till when I walk through the gates at Bandimere Friday morning!

Hello Everybody! Hey finally made it in. Place looks great!!! Looks like everyone is coming back to the new improved "NitroMater"!

I really like the new format also let's hope it stays clean.
I checked in every once in a while when I could it got pretty bad that's why I stopped posting it got pretty brutal...
It's great to see Jim back and posting hopefully if what Jerrod is trying works we might see more owners,drivers etc..
Keep up the awesome work Jerrod!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back