I Like The New Format!!!! (1 Viewer)

Although I always used my name (and suffered the consequences sometimes) I'm glad there will some accountabilty now for comments made. No more drive-by's!

Lighten it up! The current color scheme is dark and gloomy - and extremely hard to read on a laptop screen. Might be fine on a 19-inch desktop, but light gray on black is impossible to see on my laptop's screen.

Text ought to be black on white for easiest readability - the text definitely should be the darker of the two colors used.

The current color scheme looks like something out of Dungeons and Dragons or Doom.

Also, bring back the New Messages button - the only one I can find takes you back to the old board's redirect page.

I like the new format too. Way to go Jerrod and Shannon.

With the real names it's like having to meet a whole new set of people again. :D

Regardless, I'm glad to be here.

Lighten it up! The current color scheme is dark and gloomy - and extremely hard to read on a laptop screen. Might be fine on a 19-inch desktop, but light gray on black is impossible to see on my laptop's screen.

Text ought to be black on white for easiest readability - the text definitely should be the darker of the two colors used.

The current color scheme looks like something out of Dungeons and Dragons or Doom.

Also, bring back the New Messages button - the only one I can find takes you back to the old board's redirect page.

Would you believe that I just started a thread in the Lounge admitting that my ol' peepers were having a great deal of difficulty reading the gray on black printing? (And I have a 21 inch (Imax) monitor. )

I'm pretty sure Shannon has his hands full getting folks back on with the New Mater. Some like the new colors.

I also have the big Monitor and my eyes seem to get tired quickly on here.:confused: I thought it was just me and my old peepers too.

Everything looks great... This place needed some accountability and this is definitely a step in the right direction. Kudos to Jered, and the powers that be, for having the intestinal fortitude to do something about it.

Last edited:
Nice

Thanks for the changes. I was getting ready to stop reading the site. Thanks a ton, looks sharp too.

Hi John,

When you say you can't get any avatar what exactly do you mean? What happens when you click on "Edit Avatar"?

I click on user.. then it shows a black box & says "No Avatar specified" then there is a place where it has URL http:// (I should enter something here) but don't know what or where to get it... ? Thanks for the reply..

Would you believe that I just started a thread in the Lounge admitting that my ol' peepers were having a great deal of difficulty reading the gray on black printing? (And I have a 21 inch (Imax) monitor. )

I'm pretty sure Shannon has his hands full getting folks back on with the New Mater. Some like the new colors.

Your sig color is GREAT..... OK :D I managed the Color Sig .. now to get the avatar...

Last edited:
The new format sure threw me for a loop. I like the new look, but not sure about the default grey type on black background. So far it hasn't been too much of a problem, but then the threads aren't that long yet. Jim Jannard is sure pumped about the new format, and glad to see that he is spreading the word around to the teams. Would love to see some more input from the Pro's although they might not want to post under their own names and I guess that day is over now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back