I Like The New Format!!!! (1 Viewer)

I tried loading my own avatar from a scanned pic on my pc and, much to my surpise, it actually worked! On the former mater my old pic had too many or too much of something and I had to get Kelly to do it. VERY computer illiterate here. :)

What's with the snow around the smileys?

I click on user.. then it shows a black box & says "No Avatar specified" then there is a place where it has URL http:// (I should enter something here) but don't know what or where to get it... ? Thanks for the reply..

The "what and where to get it" is a URL address. For instance I have a image hosting account with Photobucket. I copy the URL, located under the picture I want to use (from the image hosting site) and paste it here at the Mater in the specified Avatar area. Did that make sense?

I believe you can also browse your computer for an image and upload it to here.

Registered member said:
What's with the snow around the smileys?

It's because the new Mater is using a black background and the smilies aren't transparent. On the old Mater it didn't matter because the background was white so you never saw it.

Like most of the changes...but definitely liked the old colors better because they it was easier to read.

The current color scheme is way too gloomy and hard to read. Brighten things up - celebrate, it's not a wake or a funeral...

Gee, the reply composition box is so easy to read - black text on a white background.

The new look is a little to dark for my eyes. I like the change to real names.

Jim / Shoe lets see if the citizens can stay nice this time around. I hope that the people that got sick of it will come back. Its a nice place to hang...:)

I wonder who will come back and who will stay away.... Hmmmmm :confused:

It matters who sticks around, not who stays away...

Jim

Jim,

I couldn't agree more and thanks for taking the time to make your point on the "old" site that ultimately helped in getting this ship righted.

Input from guys like you, other sponsors, team members, drivers and owners was sorely missed and hopefully will flourish here.

The interaction between fans and those close to racing in this sport is what makes it so awesome. In no other sport is the conversation and camaraderie without status so down to Earth and available to everyone.

Thank you again for caring enough to provide your input.

Sincerely,

Drew Perry (proud Oakley wearer)

Think the new format is great, colors are a little depressing, but maybe I'll get to like them after a while.:eek:
I'm going to tell my friend Bob Sacramento about this site!

Last edited:
I like the new format. More important, I like the "real name" requirement. It encourages civility and requires one to "engage brain before keyboarding".

PS: You really should have either required (or left an option to make) a larger payment.

Jim Gunther
www.LotusV6.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back