No injected nitro in TA/FC for 2021 (1 Viewer)

Ouch. I know of two cars in the Pacific Northwest that are, er, WERE being built for this. Lots of money already spent.

Ouch. I know of two cars in the Pacific Northwest that are, er, WERE being built for this. Lots of money already spent.
Did these teams reach out to NHRA? I’m thinking the reason this got tabled was because there’s a fear it wouldn’t draw new blood, but instead may get some alky teams to switch combos, which doesn’t help grow the class. But I’m just guessing.

Mike, the nitro car are not boring and kick a$$, They sound great, got good cackle and run stout.

TopFuel@Lions

Mark, I agree with you 100%. Jr/Fuel ( Read A/Fuel ) When I saw my first Jr/Fuel car run in 1968
I fell in love with these cars, bar none my favorite class in NHRA racing today. Fantactic cackle!
And when they run on all 8 lookout. Didn't a young lady from Kansas run a 5.09 last year?
Days gone by
1610494360307.png

And today. I think this might be the lady? I just started going to the drags, so what the hell do I know
1610494711870.png

Last edited:
Like I said in my above post I love A/fuel cars they run good and most of all they cackle.
The owners, drivers and crew are super friendly. And then there is nostalgia AA/FC and AA/FD.
Living on the left coast, I'm lucky to have cars and races to go to. Here In Washington I have
4 UNFC races this year, Seattle and Spokane. But most of all they still cackle. Don't get me wrong
I like the big show cars, but they run so much fuel the cackle is gone Here is a good video.
Joe Haas warming up Doc Halladay's AA/FC. If you don't like it when they switch over to the
yellow stuff and it cackle's you are on the wrong site! Great sound turn up the volume.

I personally would leave TAFC as is. I've crewed on TAFC and Nitro FC and nothing beats nitro to me. But something about a PSI blower whirring after start up. Then when 2 TAFC cars revving up back and forth at the line and high RPM launch, is priceless. Just my opinion though.

Oh, I love TAFC and TAD some of the best races that I have gone too are Div 6 races here the Northwest
And I think we have some pretty good Alcohol cars in the Northwest. Shawn Cowie, Joey Severance
Brian Hough and Chris Marshall. I think they are pretty good aren't they? I'am new to this thing they call
drag racing. But I do know one thing those A/fuel diggers get me hotter than Georgia asphalt in the
summer time. Does the asphalt in Georgia get hot in the summer time? The blower whirring and the
high RPM launch from alcohol cars, I really dig it!!!

Jim, I remember when T/F would rev the motor up before the launch & had the same feeling that we get today w/ the alky cars. Then that pesky Crowerglide came in & took the fun away..... :)

Jim, I remember when T/F would rev the motor up before the launch & had the same feeling that we get today w/ the alky cars. Then that pesky Crowerglide came in & took the fun away..... :)
Yes I remember that too, and plus they would wack the throttle a couple of times before staging...bitchin

I'm old enough to remember A/FC competition in ProComp Eliminator. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I couldn't find a good video of an A/FC but here's an A/Fuel Altered making a pass at Famoso. Pretty salty little ride; nice cackle.

Like I said in my above post I love A/fuel cars they run good and most of all they cackle.
The owners, drivers and crew are super friendly. And then there is nostalgia AA/FC and AA/FD.
Living on the left coast, I'm lucky to have cars and races to go to. Here In Washington I have
4 UNFC races this year, Seattle and Spokane. But most of all they still cackle. Don't get me wrong
I like the big show cars, but they run so much fuel the cackle is gone Here is a good video.
Joe Haas warming up Doc Halladay's AA/FC. If you don't like it when they switch over to the
yellow stuff and it cackle's you are on the wrong site! Great sound turn up the volume.
Sounds like it had a little pop in it to begin with....and to me, it sounds better than the current cars. Maybe not quite as intense but it's got better tone. WHAP!

Sounds like it had a little pop in it to begin with....and to me, it sounds better than the current cars. Maybe not quite as intense but it's got better tone. WHAP!
It took me awhile go through my magazines but here is the A/fuel funny car of Springer & Price from Eugene, OR
Saw the Vega body funny car in the mid 70s and then the Corvette from 78 until I believe 1981 saw both cars at
Seattle a number of times.
Barry Price is in the seat with Grant Springer turning the wrenches.
1610864796574.png

1610864904977.png

Here is a ok video, A/fuel digger warm up

In the Old Daze, like 1950's, they actually had a nitro class for everything. I saw an old photo of Jack Chrisman, Ford sedan (1932?) & the class was A/Fuel, the opposite of A/Gas. This was mid 1950's. Deagsters, Modified Roadsters, Competition Coupes & Sedans, Roadsters, Altereds, etc etc, all had versions of nitro classes. Sometimes the nitro cars were called "hot" cars and you had the "hot pits" as well. San Fernando had a hot pit area (anything that had to be push started). I used to love watching JR/F at Lions. Nice cackle outta the pipes & they put on a good show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back