No Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Yo Carl - Obviously you've never been there, so here's a news flash... Atlanta Dragway isn't located in the city of Atlanta. Nor is Chicago in Chicago, Denver in Denver, Charlotte in Charlotte...

Yo Carl - Obviously you've never been there, so here's a news flash... Atlanta Dragway isn't located in the city of Atlanta. Nor is Chicago in Chicago, Denver in Denver, Charlotte in Charlotte...
The Atlanta track is closer to South Carolina then to Atlanta and with all of the traffic it seems like it is closer to North Carolina also. I spent a total of 5 hours in traffic making 2 trips from the track to the Atlanta airport in one day.

The Atlanta track is closer to South Carolina then to Atlanta and with all of the traffic it seems like it is closer to North Carolina also. I spent a total of 5 hours in traffic making 2 trips from the track to the Atlanta airport in one day.

The last couple of years I have flown round trip Charlotte. It is a little farther, but you don't have to drive through Atlanta.

Love your town, not your traffic,

Alan

I guess we'll see how this pans out. Sturgis, 200,000 + intermingling without masks from all around the country.

Who knows - but if they are from all around the country and go back to wherever, they will be counted there IF they get coved 19. It is a question that cannot be ansewered - only speculated about. Just something to worry about or not depending on how you feel about it. I'm 78 and not going to loose sleep over it.

I hope I'm wrong about the last race in 2020 being the U.S. Nationals. I'm sure you have more inside information than most people and I'd don't care if the rest of the season, ever how many there will be, is in Indy. At least there will be drag racing.
Everyone who thinks that the US Nationals will be the last race this year, I'm taking bets.

I say we will race after that. It's still a fluid situation so I don't know where and when with 100% certainty but I am certain we will race.

Alan

This is no dig on Alan, but due to being part of the NHRA announcing team, he has to tow the company (NHRA) line. I understand that, being I work for a corporation, and have to be careful what I say on social media about sensitive subjects.

This is no dig on Alan, but due to being part of the NHRA announcing team, he has to tow the company (NHRA) line. I understand that, being I work for a corporation, and have to be careful what I say on social media about sensitive subjects.
Then simply put ... you do not know anything AT ALL about Alan Reinhart !!

I'm not toeing the company line. I stated very clearly that I believe we will continue racing after the US Nationals. That is my opinion based on information that I have accumulated. I am privy to conversations that some here are not and that's a big part of why I said what I did.

I am confident enough that I offered to take bets. I haven't heard anyone who thinks we will not race take me up on it so I'm guessing that they are not as confident in their opinion as I am in mine.

Now as to where we will race, I don't know. Every geographic area is different, so like everyone else I am waiting to hear. If you need an example just remember Lucas Oil Raceway Indianapolis and Indianapolis Motor Speedway are 6.2 miles apart. But they are in different Counties and there are different rules at each place regarding spectators.

If this comes across as argumentative it's not meant that way. I am typing in a conversational manner, not a confrontational one.

YOU GOT THAT? 🤣🤣🤣LoL

Alan

Well, maybe with certain guidelines. Take yer temp as you come to the door. Mask. 6' apart. Oh yeah, sign a waiver at the door. heh heh Oh, no photos of top secret covid tune-up.

Oh, you know how you rate things with stars? 4 stars is really great, 1 star worthless? Saw a t-shirt, says, "2020, Bad, 1 star". Thought it was funny.

Then simply put ... you do not know anything AT ALL about Alan Reinhart !!

wait ! so are u implying Alan R. is impartial when it comes to post or comments, regarding NHRA issues? He does come off as always toeing the company line and i don't blame him, as i would never publicly critique, the person who is cutting me a check every week, but i will admit 90% of the time, after reading his post, i say to myself 'He's got a point' but the other 10% . . . . o_O

If I were to bet on racing this year I would put my money on Alan. I would bet he has more contact with NHRA and the racers than anyone on this forum. Some of his posts are educated guesses, others direct knowledge of the fact and others just guesses. I take his posts over most of the people on this forum.

This year is basically a total wash. Be thankful that NHRA is able to run some races at INDY. Be thankful that we don't hafta watch re-runs of races from last or previous years! Imagine what's going on with teams of various classes that worked hard to race this year and be let down with cancelled races.

Nobody knows what's going to happen in the future but my guess is that there's going to be a lot more races cancelled this year.
I agree.
I'm sure we can all agree, that any racing is better than no racing. If they stay at Indy for the rest of 2020, I'm fine with that....and I'm sure the teams are satisfied with it, as their costs will be reduced greatly.

All of this centers around feasibility...

I’m starting to think this will be a one track season. To much uncertainty with other states. I really feel for the track owners. It’s got to hurt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back