no racing at bristol (1 Viewer)

Travo

Nitro Member
hey guys ive been a long time reader but felt like i should post now. we went and tested the new surface at bristol on tuesday and the track was still coming apart but looked like it would hold up. we just left ther an hr ago and ALL RACING HAS BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL SOMETIME IN JULY. THIS DOES INCLUDE THIS WEEKENDS THUNDER VALLEY NATIONALS!!!! ALL THE CONCRETE HAS TO BE REPLACED AGAIN:(

Last edited:
and since nhra.com just posted it on ther website.... they say they have been there helping the track get it ready and comp plus said the other day that nhra people where there tuesday when we where testing and said the track was ok. this is not true the only nhra ppl that was there where two truck drivers and the rest of the week its just been bristol dragway crew no nhra ppl have been there or been helping. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT CAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE EVERYDAY SINCE MAY 4TH

Since they moved it to July 6-8th, there will be National Events 6 weekends in a row. Teams will be pretty worn out by the end of the western swing.

I think im going to puke,god this is just my luck,already changed the hotel dates

Reminds me to ask... whatever happened up at Cheap Charlie's joint after the right lane started to disintergrate back in February?

Thanks for the heads-up Travis... I think I can move that plane ticket to E-Town- it was using miles.

Travis, thank you for the heads up. I would have hated to make that 8 hour drive, just to find out the race is cancelled.

no prob jeremy i ve wanted to post for awhile but just got a credit card. i race and live in bristol and have good friends that work at the track so i will try to keep everyone posted day to day on the progress. also i have worked for a few pro teams and recieve news and rumors before the media gets it, so i will try to let you all in on some things. i will never leak my sources but will always tell the truth i would never damage the sport or a drivers repitation with a false statement. its great to finaly be part of the mater!! look forward to seeing everyone at bristol (hopefully). and mark if your talking about cherokee dragway i heard its horrible these days i havent been there n a few years

TRAVO!!!!

This is a real bummer, because this was one of the most highly publicized races that I can remember recently that NHRA had.

no prob jeremy i ve wanted to post for awhile but just got a credit card. i race and live in bristol and have good friends that work at the track so i will try to keep everyone posted day to day on the progress. also i have worked for a few pro teams and recieve news and rumors before the media gets it, so i will try to let you all in on some things. i will never leak my sources but will always tell the truth i would never damage the sport or a drivers repitation with a false statement. its great to finaly be part of the mater!! look forward to seeing everyone at bristol (hopefully). and mark if your talking about cherokee dragway i heard its horrible these days i havent been there n a few years

TRAVO!!!!

When was the concrete pad replaced that is going bad now?

Man , this is incredible....

Thanks as well Travis....Well, lets see if I get get the boss to ok this switch..You guys know who the boss is don't you ? Well, I have to let her think she is sometimes...:) ..Anyway , Hope everyone can reschedule....later Hammer .....

Re: Man , this is incredible....

Thanks as well Travis....Well, lets see if I get get the boss to ok this switch..You guys know who the boss is don't you ? Well, I have to let her think she is sometimes...:) ..Anyway , Hope everyone can reschedule....later Hammer .....

Yea i gotta go to work tomorrow and hope that no1 else has off those dates,F it im still taking off,they will have to deal with it

they re-done the pavement over the winter and at the first test and tune for bracket racers the concrete started coming up so they stoped the race and last month replaced the first 200 ft but when we tested tuesday it didnt look much better but was holding up but every time this week they started dragging rubber it would tear up the concrete. i just now got word that the whole bracket program has been cancelled for the year. the reason the concrete came up the first time was because some idiot (i wont tell who) put salt on it to melt the ice this winter for the speedway in lights.

Wow. Glad she wasn't buying the tickets until this week. Major bummer. Oh well, more time to spend working around here.

Well, we're still going to Shirley's Restaurant!!! I'll eat an extra bite or two of roast beef in memory of you folks! (or just use you as the excuse!) :D

Last edited:
they re-done the pavement over the winter and at the first test and tune for bracket racers the concrete started coming up so they stoped the race and last month replaced the first 200 ft but when we tested tuesday it didnt look much better but was holding up but every time this week they started dragging rubber it would tear up the concrete. i just now got word that the whole bracket program has been cancelled for the year. the reason the concrete came up the first time was because some idiot (i wont tell who) put salt on it to melt the ice this winter for the speedway in lights.

The question is will it be ready in July now?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back