DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Bristol (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Bristol Pre-Race Report
NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals

Event 9 of 22
Bristol Dragway
Bristol, Tenn.
June 17 – 19, 2022

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
2022-06-15_14-05-30.jpg
Highlights.jpg
Noteworthy:
  • Returns as the defending Funny Car event champion, which she won from the pole position
  • DeJoria’s 2021 Bristol triumph was her first since returning to NHRA competition in 2020
  • DeJoria’s career-first final round occurred during the 2012 Bristol event with crew chief and DC Motorsports co-owner Del Worsham making the tuning calls; 2021 marked the first time DeJoria and Worsham had competed together at Bristol Dragway since that 2012 runner-up finish, and with their 2021 victory, the duo are now seeking their third consecutive Thunder Valley Nationals final round
  • The six-time Funny Car winner is vying to become the first of three Toyota GR Supra Funny Car pilots to win a Wally trophy aboard a Supra
Fan Events:
  • DeJoria will join several of her Camping World Series competitors at the 'Thunder Valley Nationals Fan Fest in the Pits' autograph session on Saturday evening. The event will begin approx. 30 minutes post-nitro qualifying, and will be located in the pro pits
Quotable:
“I’m really excited about heading back to Bristol. It’s always been one of my favorite tracks. Every round counts and we’ve had some bad luck the last few races. We’re just building right now and hoping we can come on strong. (Bristol) was my first final, so there’s just a good vibe there. I love the track, the fans there, the acoustics, and just everything about it. A lot of good things have happened at Bristol in my career, so it has a special place in my heart.”

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back