AB Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Bristol (1 Viewer)

AB logo.jpg

Bristol Pre-Race Report

NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals
Event 9 of 22
Bristol Dragway
Bristol, Tenn.
June 17 – 19, 2022

ANTRON BROWN: Driver of the Matco Tools Top Fuel Dragster
2022-06-15_13-48-37.jpg

Highlights.jpg
Noteworthy:
  • Brown, a three-time Top Fuel world champion, has won at every track on the current NHRA tour with the exception of two – Richmond and Bristol, and the new team owner is hoping to capture that elusive first Thunder Valley Nationals victory this weekend
Quotable:
“We’ve come close numerous times but have yet to win at Bristol. Our Matco Tools/Lucas Oil/Toyota/SiriusXM/Hangsterfer’s team has been hitting it hard to ensure we have a good outing this weekend. We tested at Indiana Raceway Park earlier this week, and we’ve been getting ready, doing our homework, and doing what we need to do to go out there this weekend and compete at a high level. The weather looks like it should be decent, and we’re looking forward to doing great things and bringing home a trophy on Father’s Day. My family will be out there supporting me, and I’m looking for it to be a great ‘get healthy’ weekend for our AB Motorsports team.”

About AB Motorsports
Established in 2019 and making its on-track debut in 2022, AB Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Top Fuel team owned and operated by three-time world champion Antron Brown. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Matco Tools, Lucas Oil, Toyota, SiriusXM, Hangsterfer’s Metal Working Lubricants, and Summit Racing Equipment.
Brown, who serves as both the owner and driver of the AB Motorsports Top Fuel dragster, is the only competitor in NHRA history to have won races in both the Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle categories. Brown is a 68-time NHRA national event winner and became the first Black driver to win a major U.S. auto racing championship when he captured the 2012 NHRA Top Fuel series title.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back