NHRA's New TV package (13 Viewers)

nhra not paying FOX for 7 races. are they paying CW and FLO?
or will '27 be a test to evaluate viewership for CW = potential advertisers for CW?
and new subsribers for FLO?
anyone with knowledge how the money works next year?
NHRA hasn’t paid anyone for coverage since the ESPN days…
 
NHRA hasn’t paid anyone for coverage since the ESPN days…
then why give up 1/3 of your year from a nationally recognized network to lesser known streaming platforms?
and FLO i'm guessing will be a pay extra to subscribe?
how is NHRA better off financially by reducing the number of races covered by FOX networks?
how is NHRA convinced there will be more eyeballs on their product for 7 races with CW and FLO vs. FOX networks?
i think this year alone there were 6 or 7 races on the FOX national network. next year i think the article stated 3 races.
the simple question is what is the advantage for NHRA with the '27 plan vs. the season long FOX plan it has now?
 
the simple question is what is the advantage for NHRA with the '27 plan vs. the season long FOX plan it has now?
Because Fox, CW, and Flo are all PAYING NHRA for the coverage. It’s a better deal than what they had previously with just Fox. Just a hunch, but my guess is, Fox didn’t want to mess with trying to work the races around football in the fall, and the CW can offer better timeslots to NHRA for the coverage. It’s a win all around. Especially since CW is in more households than FS1.
 
then why give up 1/3 of your year from a nationally recognized network to lesser known streaming platforms?
and FLO i'm guessing will be a pay extra to subscribe?
how is NHRA better off financially by reducing the number of races covered by FOX networks?
how is NHRA convinced there will be more eyeballs on their product for 7 races with CW and FLO vs. FOX networks?
i think this year alone there were 6 or 7 races on the FOX national network. next year i think the article stated 3 races.
the simple question is what is the advantage for NHRA with the '27 plan vs. the season long FOX plan it has now?
With CW we also shouldn't have NFL football and other sports bumping the time slot

Plus maybe CW will actually know what the fastest racecars are as well
 
Plus maybe CW will actually know what the fastest racecars are as well ...... that is funny

thank you josh for the explanation 👍
 
I didn't say it was great. It's definitely better than the tv broadcast later on and sometimes delayed for woman's volleyball or ping pong championships. I also don't have to listen to T Ped. and as usual people like yourself gotta read something and then change it just to have something to complain about ! try reading it for EXACTLY what it says and not translate into crap!
THe sound of the cars is better on fox not good at all on nhtatv,im not here to complain like all the others have about the sound,except you
 

What if I already have an NHRA.tv subscription? ​

Your NHRA.tv subscription will remain active on NHRA.tv through the end of the 2026 NHRA season. Your account will then be migrated over to FloRacing for the remainder of your subscription period. When your NHRA.tv subscription period ends, your subscription will be renewed on FloRacing.
thanks for info, don't all nhra.tv subscriptions end after season ?
 
I didn't say it was great. It's definitely better than the tv broadcast later on and sometimes delayed for woman's volleyball or ping pong championships. I also don't have to listen to T Ped. and as usual people like yourself gotta read something and then change it just to have something to complain about ! try reading it for EXACTLY what it says and not translate into crap!
I like NHRA.tv, I like hearing the announcers because I play it at work and it’s nice to hear what’s going on while I’m working and can’t actively sit in front of the screen. I do not understand the hate.
 
thanks for info, don't all nhra.tv subscriptions end after season ?
No, not really. It depends on when the subscription 1 year starts and ends. Obviously, it would end for live coverage but one would have access to the archive races and shows that are available. My subscription ends in March, so I could still log in to see whatever past content they have made posted/made available.
 
thanks for info, don't all nhra.tv subscriptions end after season ?
My subscription ends the weekend before Pomona. It will auto renew for another year on November 10th. So if Floracing is more expensive than .tv, I will at least get it cheaper until November 2027. I honestly expect Floracing to put out a better product than NHRA.TV. As others mentioned, the night of fire was really well done. I don’t subscribe to Flo, but the Friday Night of Fire streamed live on Amazon. If NHRA can get some shows on Amazon Prime in 2027, they could get a lot more viewers.
 
I like NHRA.tv, I like hearing the announcers because I play it at work and it’s nice to hear what’s going on while I’m working and can’t actively sit in front of the screen. I do not understand the hate.
I used to sit at my computer all weekend listening to the audio livestream before NHRA.TV. NHRA.tv is the best thing ever. I’ve watched every national event since its inception about 10 years ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top