Nhra>class act (1 Viewer)

Well its good to see they are dicussing and passing along info although I have 2 questions

If they don't get anything out of it (either cash for nhra or a cheaper deal for he racers) why have an "official" anything. Unless I misread it he makes it sound like no money goes from vp to nhra for the right to be the sole provider.

It doesn't mention the rumor that a cheaper deal was offered. Was it or was it not?

Well its good to see they are dicussing and passing along info although I have 2 questions

If they don't get anything out of it (either cash for nhra or a cheaper deal for he racers) why have an "official" anything. Unless I misread it he makes it sound like no money goes from vp to nhra for the right to be the sole provider.

It doesn't mention the rumor that a cheaper deal was offered. Was it or was it not?

Hey PJ - not speaking for VP here, but rather offering some ideas.

I would imagine that anyone trying to sell fuel at an event would hope to turn a profit for the effort. I guess the 'rub' is how much is acceptable profit? To me, it would be like blaming the local convenience store because the price of gas is to high.

Again, my guess here... an 'official' supplier relationship would help ensure some sort of profitability and consistency structure to the fuel situation. Could someone open the doors and allow a second supplier? Sure. But you would also have to consider the repercussions. Would the second supplier provide all of the same services? What happens if neither supplier can then make a profit? Who then supplies the next race or races?

If anyone really sat down and did the math on what it cost to provide nitro (and other racing fuels) to IHRA and NHRA, you'd probably scratch your head, ask how they did it and then thanked them for bringing that precious commodity to the race.

My guess is that if NHRA and IHRA opened up the 'bidding process' to be a fuel supplier for national events the line of interested parties would not be that long. No need to take a number, just bring a big fat check book.

What's that old saying about drag racing? What to make a million dollars drag racing? Bring several....

The bigger issue here is the fact that everyone is relying on one supplier that is Chinese. Not knocking the Chinese, but there needs to be more than one manufacturer hopefully in more than one country.

To place the future of Nitro racing in any one's company's hands is a recipe for disaster. What if Good-Year backed out of Top Fuel tires? That would be a bigger problem in the short term than nitro but we keep heading down the road of "Official Suppliers" with no exit in sight.

If as he says there is no kickback to be an "Official Supplier", I say as long as a supplier's products meet the spec for the product then let the free market theory apply.

Hey PJ - not speaking for VP here, but rather offering some ideas.

I would imagine that anyone trying to sell fuel at an event would hope to turn a profit for the effort. I guess the 'rub' is how much is acceptable profit? To me, it would be like blaming the local convenience store because the price of gas is to high.

Again, my guess here... an 'official' supplier relationship would help ensure some sort of profitability and consistency structure to the fuel situation. Could someone open the doors and allow a second supplier? Sure. But you would also have to consider the repercussions. Would the second supplier provide all of the same services? What happens if neither supplier can then make a profit? Who then supplies the next race or races?

If anyone really sat down and did the math on what it cost to provide nitro (and other racing fuels) to IHRA and NHRA, you'd probably scratch your head, ask how they did it and then thanked them for bringing that precious commodity to the race.

My guess is that if NHRA and IHRA opened up the 'bidding process' to be a fuel supplier for national events the line of interested parties would not be that long. No need to take a number, just bring a big fat check book.

What's that old saying about drag racing? What to make a million dollars drag racing? Bring several....

fair enough, I would think though if you're selling the right for someone to be the exclusive anything that a) you would get something for it b) ideally you would set some type of limit on how much can be made per item

"First, this “conspiracy” theory is not even close to reality. VP pays NHRA no commission, no royalty or anything else from nitro sales. Our sponsorship agreement with NHRA from its inception in 2000 through 2009 under the current extension includes no compensation to NHRA in any form for nitromethane sales."

PJ, the way I read it, VP would make their profit on the other fuels they supply. I could be wrong (probably).

Mark.

This is coming from the same company who begged Don for his supply of nitro,then bashed him. It turned into a pi$$ing contest after that and who's to believe them on what they say? Something isn't right here,NHRA and VP doesn't make any $$$$$ from the sale of nitro but yet no other supplier can come in. NHRA's contract gives VP sole control over the nitro sales,VP can't supply enough,contract should be void due to the fact they can't supply enough. I for one will be glad when the whole,truthful story comes out and we see once and for all see what's behind this farce. If I was a nitro racer and knew there was cheaper,more plentiful nitro out there and NHRA is still flexing their muscles and not allow it,I'd be hot. NHRA & VP knows this is probably a short term problem and all will be fine next year,so they're willing to take the heat for now. They also know that the average fan,not the all knowing internet fans like us don't have a clue,so why worry?:rolleyes:

I'm not surprise, if Graham Light took the offer then all the racers would know what he paid then he wouldn't be able to make enough profit to fill his pockets with money. I sure hope SMI buy these guys out, i want to hurl everytime i hear his name.:mad:

Jesse, if you're going to publicly accuse Graham Light of something, let's hear your FACTS to back up your accusation. If you don't have any FACTS, and I'm sure you don't, you probably should just keep quiet.

The bigger issue here is the fact that everyone is relying on one supplier that is Chinese. Not knocking the Chinese, but there needs to be more than one manufacturer hopefully in more than one country.

To place the future of Nitro racing in any one's company's hands is a recipe for disaster. What if Good-Year backed out of Top Fuel tires? That would be a bigger problem in the short term than nitro but we keep heading down the road of "Official Suppliers" with no exit in sight.

If as he says there is no kickback to be an "Official Supplier", I say as long as a supplier's products meet the spec for the product then let the free market theory apply.

A couple of thoughts:
  • There is more than one supplier for Nitro - they are all from China - US companies that make nitro will not sell as racing fuel (another subject)
  • I don't understand your Goodyear theroy. We can't race without tires, we can't race without nitro. Or then again we could, but I think they call that TAD and A/FC

After reading this thread it got me wondering if the high nitro prices are only effecting america or if they effect other places to , so I looked up the price of nitro here in new zealand . For a 44 gallon drum here in new zealand from VP fuels it costs $3,319.03 in NZ dollars which converts to $2,293.35 USD. I should say though that that price is not directly from VP fuels its from a company that distributes it .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back