NHRA Pro Mod Dead? (1 Viewer)

I won't miss them. The ADRL 1/8 mile format fits them, a 1/4 mile seems too much for them to handle. If it were Top Fuel or Funny car tire smoke fest, people become upset and P and M, but fawn over P/M unable to send a pair down under power. If I want to see door stop shaped cars with a wing the size of a football field careen all over a track bouncing off of walls, I will go watch an outlaw dirt late model race.
I sure hope they are faster than a Pro Stock car. They are a TAFC with a poor excuse for a door, or they have an engine the size of Montana on the juice. What was the last car from the manufacturer with one door? This is a safety issue, remember Shelly Anderson at Richmond 2007. After playing tag with the walls and stopping against the wall, the Safety Safari could not get into the car to help her, no passenger side door. They picked the front end up and moved the car off the wall.
If you like them fine, I don't and don't think NHRA needs a side show at National Events.

Registered member said:
“We still do not have a signed contract with NHRA as of yet, so I can’t make any commitments and I hesitate to really make any comments at all — because I don’t know what the decisions are,” Brammer said Monday morning.

Hmmm...

Doesn't that quote sound nearly identical to what the Icard folks had to say.

It's nice to hear that NHRA really wants to work with their vendor partners...almost as well as professional sports agents do with the management of player's current teams. :rolleyes:

I won't miss them. The ADRL 1/8 mile format fits them, a 1/4 mile seems too much for them to handle. If it were Top Fuel or Funny car tire smoke fest, people become upset and P and M, but fawn over P/M unable to send a pair down under power. If I want to see door stop shaped cars with a wing the size of a football field careen all over a track bouncing off of walls, I will go watch an outlaw dirt late model race.
I sure hope they are faster than a Pro Stock car. They are a TAFC with a poor excuse for a door, or they have an engine the size of Montana on the juice. What was the last car from the manufacturer with one door? This is a safety issue, remember Shelly Anderson at Richmond 2007. After playing tag with the walls and stopping against the wall, the Safety Safari could not get into the car to help her, no passenger side door. They picked the front end up and moved the car off the wall.
If you like them fine, I don't and don't think NHRA needs a side show at National Events.

Wow. What a view.

Half the information in this post is bogus. For starters, Shelly did have two doors on her racecar. Look here: http://www.competitionplus.com/2005_06/ams_stlouis.html

I think someones got an axe to grind.

Like PS cars resemble anything coming from the factory!

Word on the street yesterday was Jegs stepped up to sponsor the series. So we will see. I hope so.

Wow, misinformation abounds.

Ian

Joe, that's the number pre-registered for the Eastern Test Nationals in Valdosta. That's just saying that there are THAT many active pro mods out there competing. We know the invite-only format will never allow that many.

Jesse, where are you getting the 49 cars figure? NHRA will never allow that many entries for a NHRA race.

Thats how many cars entered in estn test session on 2/20/08. What I was getting at is if NHRA had a good program they would have no problem filling field.

Thats how many cars entered in estn test session on 2/20/08. What I was getting at is if NHRA had a good program they would have no problem filling field.

Ok well ESTN is an 1/8 mile race, NHRA only allows a Max of 24 per race. I thought you said NHRA is allowing 49 cars

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ADRL adopt another class entirely for 1/4 mile national event participants. They have moved to acceptable facilities for hosting a 1/4 mile run to compliment their 1/8th mile format. Might be confusing to fans, but it would be an all-inclusive Pro Mod sanction.

Sorry, Erica, but this is HIGHLY unlikely. Very highly unlikely.

Ian

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back