NHRA Pro Mod Dead? (1 Viewer)

ADRL has shown that Pro Modified racing at 1/8-mile is a viable format for attracting both racers and spectators. Why should they change what isn't broken??

ADRL has shown that Pro Modified racing at 1/8-mile is a viable format for attracting both racers and spectators. Why should they change what isn't broken??

My thought was that if the NHRA series disappeared, the NHRA national event cars would need a place to race. Moving the series $ over to ADRL and still allowing them a place to race.... think an All-Star shootout 1/4 mile on top of the 1/8 mile outlaw extreme,nitrous show. Again, just a thought!

But if Jeg's saved the day, then its all a non-issue.

My thought was that if the NHRA series disappeared, the NHRA national event cars would need a place to race. Moving the series $ over to ADRL and still allowing them a place to race.... think an All-Star shootout 1/4 mile on top of the 1/8 mile outlaw extreme,nitrous show. Again, just a thought!

But if Jeg's saved the day, then its all a non-issue.

There is always this thing called IHRA.;) BTW good luck this year and I hope things come through for the fuel ride.

It looks like Mathew Brammer has resigned from NHRA PRO MOD CHALLENGE. Sound like typical deal with NHRA, their pockets have to be full before they will go forward.:rolleyes:

Several did last year. I think the major difference is in gearing and that the IHRA outlawed two steps for the blown cars.

there is also a gear rule (ihra = 4.30 and nhra = 4.56) and ihra limits to a 2 disk clutch. an ihra car is legal to go to nhra but an nhra car can't go to ihra. confusing isn't it.

As long as the Pro Mod deal with NHRA is run on a yearly agreement, you will see this little drama played out every year - after all, it's only a rerun of the drama last year, and the year before, and the year before that...it's basically a vanity league, where the players pay handsomely to perform before a crowd and get to share the stage with the real players - kind of. They are not included in the official race results from NHRA and their onstage time is the first to be shuffled around in the schedule when there are delays.

They get to come to the party, but the society column won't mention their names the next day. Absent Brammer's smiling face in the media center, local and national media wouldn't have a clue that they are not just another Sportsman category. Even the NHRA Sportsman category winners and runners-up are included in the final race agate that goes to the AP and other media outlets, but not those for Pro Mod.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back