NHRA Pro Mod Dead? (1 Viewer)

Not suprising, since the ADRL is where Pro mod is going. Even the PM numbers at IHRA races have fallen off in the last year or two.

We were discussing this yesterday and someone told me it was more than likely not going to happen but I hadnt heard anything else about it.* The last time I had heard Roger Buress was going to sponsor the class thru his Pro Care RX.* But it is pretty obvious that NHRA doesnt care about Pro Mod.* I dont know why b/c I'd rather watch it than most of the other classes.* All you have to do is look at the ADRL and see how popular pro mod is.

Such a shame! How can the NHRA not see the popularity of this class?

I don't think that it is a popularity issue. If I remember correctly, the Pro Stock Truck lawsuit settlement was rumoured to include a clause that stated before NHRA can add a new National Event class, the Pro Stock Trucks need to be reinstated.

I could be wrong, please correct me if I am.

Justin, that's my point. These teams are building cars just for the ADRL, I think 1/4 mile PM racing is going away fast.

Well one reason that the ADRL does so well is b/c they split the blower and nitrous cars into seperate classes so there's no parity issue. And your right, teams are building cars specific for the ADRL b/c of the outlaw rules nature of it. There are lots of cars coming out this year.

I don't think that it is a popularity issue. If I remember correctly, the Pro Stock Truck lawsuit settlement was rumoured to include a clause that stated before NHRA can add a new National Event class, the Pro Stock Trucks need to be reinstated.

I could be wrong, please correct me if I am.

I hadn't heard that before, but then again, I don't necessarily run in circles where I would've. That said, I agree with most who feel it's a shame. The Pro Mod cars are a lot of fun to watch though I prefer the pre-1975 cars over the newer versions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ADRL adopt another class entirely for 1/4 mile national event participants. They have moved to acceptable facilities for hosting a 1/4 mile run to compliment their 1/8th mile format. Might be confusing to fans, but it would be an all-inclusive Pro Mod sanction.

Yes I agee w/ most here as Pro Mod has gotten my attention and had the chance to steer one but passed..I used to jokingly say I would drive a fuel coupe set on kill than pilot a Pro Mod...

Can't speak for anyone else, but I would love to see P/M out here on the West coast.
1/4 mile, all body styles, all power adders, all in one class.
Let them go wild.

The thing I like about ProMod is they are inventors.
I would like to see more of them here in the midwest (sorry randy).

There used to be a few heavy hitters in the midwest, Karl, Brosovich, Animal, and it was a big deal if they were on the ticket for a Saturday show. Sometimes came with Pro Stockers too. It usually meant a better purse for the racers, more cars, all of that.

It had to be crazy wild down south back then.

Don't see many shows like that anymore. No offense intended to any current PM racer in the midwest :D

I hadn't heard that before, but then again, I don't necessarily run in circles where I would've. That said, I agree with most who feel it's a shame. The Pro Mod cars are a lot of fun to watch though I prefer the pre-1975 cars over the newer versions.

Gordon, this was posted back in July 07 in the PST Coming Back???? thread..
It's where I remember seeing it.

word on the street...

i heard similar news coming from what is usually a reliable source within those circles...

reportedly the wording of the lawsuit settlement requires nhra to bring the pro stock trucks back before they can add any additional pro classes.

under what restrictions? same rules structure? how many races would they have to have? maybe hdnhra brings them back for an 8 race series to make room for another pro class? pro mod?

how bout pro trucks be mini pro mods instead of mini pro stock. truck bodies, turbo (one small), centrifical supercharger (limited to the smaller ones) or nitrous. keep the makes and engines the same.

And for the record, I think Pro Mod would be a great addition to the Nationals as a full time Pro Class. Does anyone think that NHRA or the powers that be a worried that the Pro Mods are quite a bit faster than the Pro Stock cars? Could there be lost interest in the PS Cars?

I'm a fan of ALL The blown cars; Dragsters, FC's and Pro mods. I'd settle for any of those over Pro stock Truck! That was NHRA's Waterloo from the get-go. And since I know NHRA will never re-instate PST, that's what's reassuring.

I'm a fan of ALL The blown cars; Dragsters, FC's and Pro mods. I'd settle for any of those over Pro stock Truck! That was NHRA's Waterloo from the get-go. And since I know NHRA will never re-instate PST, that's what's reassuring.

I agree, NHRA is making a big mistake by running off the Pro Mod racers, the fan base has really grown, heck John Force even takes time to watch them. Pro Stock Truck are where they should have been from the start Comp Eliminator. I think the only reason NHRA did Pro Stock Truck, the manufactures were selling trucks at a fast pace and they hoped it would follow to the sport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back