Nhra Hot Rod Heritage Series (1 Viewer)

Too bad we can't get something a little more east.

Hopefully, it will grow into that in the future.

Anybody know where I can get the rules for the various classes?

Need to see if there is a class for me to run.

Thanks,

Looking good!
Lots of racing events I will be able to attend.
Let's hope everyone can play nice.
Let's also see if the nostalgia feeling isn't replaced by a corporate feeling.

Thanks for the link Mike.

Looks like I can run N/E, but, not having read the entire rules, I wonder about the 7.60 standard, is it a min or a max et?:confused:

Also looks like I can incorporate my body changes.

NE1 is a 7.60 class.
7.59 and quicker = breakout. Would be cool to see your race car out there!
icon14.gif

Very small schedule and a lot of repeat tracks kind of stupid if you ask me!

They need to spread out and go north maybe Sonoma and Sacramento they won't generate a lot of revenue the way they have it set up.

Paging anyone with a Front motored Dragster running 7.50's who needs a driver for NE1....TIMMAH'S LICENSED AND READY TO RUN!!!!

I'd love to race this series, and I think this is a great step from NHRA to get BACK TO BASICS!!! THESE CARS ARE OUR HISTORY AND I BELIEVE OUR FUTURE!!! The best way to sell our sport is to show people our history, and how the technology has grown. Looking forward to that Vegas Race!!!;) I think I smell another MATER MEETING!!!

Very small schedule and a lot of repeat tracks kind of stupid if you ask me!

They need to spread out and go north maybe Sonoma and Sacramento they won't generate a lot of revenue the way they have it set up.

Kind of stupid? Hmm...

Sonoma's Infineon Raceway turned down holding an event in the Heritage Series and Sacramento has their own "nostalgia" events. This Heritage Series is all about generating revenue and it'll be fine, sorry you disagree with the venues, but the NHRA Museum is not putting on these events - the local tacks are putting them on. The Museum only puts on the Hot Rod Reunions at Famoso and Bowling Green.

Did you know that NO sanctioning body (Goodguys or anyone) has been able to hold a profitable nostalgia event at Infineon Raceway?

It should be a very small schedule, Nostalgia Racing is HOBBY Racing, it's not the PRO's or anything like it.

why isnt Bowling Green on the schedule??...at least one race of this series in the midwest would be nice for us midwest guys

Kind of stupid? Hmm...

Sonoma's Infineon Raceway turned down holding an event in the Heritage Series and Sacramento has their own "nostalgia" events. This Heritage Series is all about generating revenue and it'll be fine, sorry you disagree with the venues, but the NHRA Museum is not putting on these events - the local tacks are putting them on. The Museum only puts on the Hot Rod Reunions at Famoso and Bowling Green.

Did you know that NO sanctioning body (Goodguys or anyone) has been able to hold a profitable nostalgia event at Infineon Raceway?

It should be a very small schedule, Nostalgia Racing is HOBBY Racing, it's not the PRO's or anything like it.

If it's just a Hobby then what's the problem about Infineon ? :cool:
YOU are the one who stated they don't need to make a profit!
They are running in Vegas and it's run by the same Owner!
When they run the Nationals up north it's one of the few tracks that dam near sell-out!
It's also one of the nicer tracks on the tour so what you just said doesn't make sense! :rolleyes:

If it's just a Hobby then what's the problem about Infineon ? :cool:
YOU are the one who stated they don't need to make a profit!
They are running in Vegas and it's run by the same Owner!
When they run the Nationals up north it's one of the few tracks that dam near sell-out!
It's also one of the nicer tracks on the tour so what you just said doesn't make sense! :rolleyes:

Like I said, Infineon was on the proposed schedule and they turned it down because they thought they would loose money, not hard to figure out. Ask them directly if you have an issue, it's not Vegas.

Nostalgia Racing still remains Hobby Racing. Most of the racers are on very tight budgets and have small hospitality and hotel budgets. ;)

Paging anyone with a Front motored Dragster running 7.50's who needs a driver for NE1....TIMMAH'S LICENSED AND READY TO RUN!!!!

I'd love to race this series, and I think this is a great step from NHRA to get BACK TO BASICS!!! THESE CARS ARE OUR HISTORY AND I BELIEVE OUR FUTURE!!! The best way to sell our sport is to show people our history, and how the technology has grown. Looking forward to that Vegas Race!!!;) I think I smell another MATER MEETING!!!

I agree Tim. Yep another reason to take Suzi to Vegas.

Steve Gibbs said that other than the reunions, the other events are being put on by the track owners. The Heritage series is a way to formalize and tie together these events. There are other races that will happen, but are not part of the heritage point series.

Since the lions share of racers who run the exisiting events are from out west, and the tow to Bowling Green is so far, the National Hot Rod Reunion will not be a points race, but a stand alone event put on by the museum.

This is still a laid back deal, lots of fun, but the series will add some organization and continuity for the racers.

The museum, not the office in Glendora will benefit from these events. Don't be surprised if you don't see some familiar faces involved in the organizational aspect; some of NHRA's finest retired personnel may come out and help the cause. I know of one well respected director from the south east is interested if the schedule allows him to come out and help.

...Don't be surprised if you don't see some familiar faces involved in the organizational aspect; some of NHRA's finest retired personnel may come out and help the cause. I know of one well respected director from the south east is interested if the schedule allows him to come out and help.

This person wouldn't happen to have kids that tune big show nitro cars, would he?;)

Im wondering why Vegas? Although I love going to the races up at LVMS, has it ever had a well attended nostalgia event? I think all the dates all look very good weather wise for the in between races (not at Bakersfield), so maybe that will be helpful. I like the drive to Vegas much better than to Bakersfield for me personally. I am very much looking forward to going!!

Last edited:
Im wondering why Vegas? Although I love going to the races up at LVMS, has it ever had a well attended nostalgia event? I think all the dates all look very good weather wise for the in between races (not at Bakersfield), so maybe that will be helpful. I like the drive to Vegas much better than to Bakersfield for me personally. I am very much looking forward to going!!

why vegas? because vegas wants to put on a nostalgia event, and the tow is within a reasonable drive for those who participate.

Bear in mind, Sac puts on their own nostalgia events too, but they will not be part of the points series.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back