New tracks, real management and NHRA (1 Viewer)

Remember guys...Bruton is not liquid and answers to a commitee..His investment (capital is less than 20%) is not ten-fold and the return is around 10-17% to all other parties (angel investors) involved. There was an investment meeting to all parties that had interest in the Detroit/Michigan area last month by his group/brokerage.. A track is slated to be built in the area by 2011...

I also saw the golf course next to the track and had visions of Saturday morning golfers jumping when they start seating the fuel car clutches. Guess I have seen Caddyshack too many times!:D

There's a way to add some excitement to a sport that is perceived as being boring...let Tiger earn those millions by putting while the nitro Pros do their thing. :)

That'll make the golfers think twice before going ballistic over the sound of camera shutters. :p

A track like this is not one of the most difficult construction endeavors and should be done very quickly. If the engineering, all the way from the Civil plans (site prep and underground infrastructure) to the last appliance in the kitchen is done properly, the construction process goes smoothly and fast.

Cost over runs and construction delays come from poor engineering and site management. Its highly unlikely Bruton Smith will tolerate any of that. He is a veteran at the game and so are his people.

The contractors Bruton uses most likely work for him all the time and are a "well oiled machine" when it comes to putting one of these together.

It comes down to planning/ execution and a little luck from Mother Nature. If i were a betting man, I would say that the place will be ready to roll in time for the race. Easily.

This all illustrates the premium that must be put on strong management and motivated employees. I have to think that if Bruton owned NHRA and his team ran the sanctioning body you might see quarter million dollar winner pro purses,30 car TF fields and hours of those horrible NASCAR-type shows featuring NHRA touring professionals.

May I add, NHRA will never be looked on as a true professional racing endeavor so long as it remains a place where a guy with big bank can pull on a driver's suit and mix it up with the other "pros." Say what you want about Napcar, but at least all of their drivers are on a payroll.

And what about this $40,000 to win a race that costs $100,000 to win?

Mark

Say what you want about Napcar, but at least all of their drivers are on a payroll.

Mark

Not ALL of the drivers ... but probably everyone in the top 30.

I would be willing to bet you that NASCAR is just like every other motorsport, if you show up with a big enough check, they will let you play. Case in point: Paul Menard. Daddy's a billionaire .....

Not ALL of the drivers ... but probably everyone in the top 30.

I would be willing to bet you that NASCAR is just like every other motorsport, if you show up with a big enough check, they will let you play. Case in point: Paul Menard. Daddy's a billionaire .....

I have worked for a few roundy round teams and evan though im all drag racer i have to say its a piece of cake to get a tf or fc license "compared" to getting approved by the nascar board to run a race.

Travo

Any one can show up with a license and run top fuel you cant just show up and run a cup race

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back