New NHRA Nitro 'Spec' Engine for Top Fuel and Funny Cars (1 Viewer)

I would rather see the damn thousand foot RACING than this crap. At least we still have PERFORMANCE!!

I agree Bob. I too would much rather see the cars we have now go 1,000ft, instead of some castrated fueler going 1320ft.

To all the 1320 die hards, I hope you like the sound of these "spec nitro" cars. Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

I agree Bob. I too would much rather see the cars we have now go 1,000ft, instead of some castrated fueler going 1320ft.

To all the 1320 die hards, I hope you like the sound of these "spec nitro" cars. Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Castrated Fueler??? That's it Paul, I'm standing up in front of you in Chi-Town!!!!!:p;):eek:

Joe you know it's true. Remember how every one moaned when they dropped to 85% nitro?? Well just imagine how different these will sound.

Hope to see you standing at Chi-Town......................................at the fence that is. :p:p

Last edited:
Joe you know it's true. Remember how every one moaned when they dropped to 85% nitro?? Well just imagine how different these will sound.

Hope to see you standing at Chi-Town......................................at the fence that is. :p:p

Actualy,if NHRA give them 100%(with this new spec engine)it will sound better than it does now.
A 392 on 95 to 100% sounds better than a 500 on 85 to 95.

What size engines do the nostalgia fuelers run??? Just curious 'cause I think they sound pretty good.

Plus - what if we had more [castrated] cars come to race? And what if we had less smoke sessions and more full pass sessions with the [castrated] cars?

Should we call them the CNCOT? Castrated Nitro Cars of Tomorrow.. sorry - couldn't resist :D

This would be the best thing to happen to the professional nitro classes. I am all for it. Everything would last a lot longer and the change over wouldn't be that expensive compared to other solutions.

There are several ways to get around compression ratio and overdrive in nitro racing. And overseeing compression ratio would be a very big problem.

When this happens, you will see major restrictions put on the sportsman classes mentioned to keep everything in line.

Where does it Say these guys can run 98% again????

This would be the best thing to happen to the professional nitro classes. I am all for it. Everything would last a lot longer and the change over wouldn't be that expensive compared to other solutions.

There are several ways to get around compression ratio and overdrive in nitro racing. And overseeing compression ratio would be a very big problem.

When this happens, you will see major restrictions put on the sportsman classes mentioned to keep everything in line.

Virgil is right on here, especially the last sentence.

LET'S JUST CHANGE THE NAME:

Nostalgia Hot Rod Association
fine by me David! At the Vegas national event i witnessed the coolest sounding and sweetest smelling thing in the world. It was the Plueger AA/FC'S driven by Bucky and Garrett. Imagine todays 'looking' cars with that sound? That sweet smell of 98% nitro.

AA- dale's idea would be just that.
Oh by the way, this would be the first step to performance downsizing. If and when The pro floppers and rails return to 1320 you can bet the ranch the alcohol classes will be forced to follow suit. 40 mph difference has been the standard for years.
Hell why they are at it, lets limit speeds on super classes too.
Why not fix every problem all at once?

All NHRA has to do is go to a spec 65 gallon fuel pimp .Without all the fuel the cars cannot run the same as they are today.This would be the easiest to police,and the least expensive.

I hope you like the sound of these "spec nitro" cars

If they sound anything close to the nostalgia fc's I will not only like it I will love it...

World Series @cordova last year.. We saw wilkerson make some passes.. His car sounded good.. then Kyle ,Justin and a few others run there Nostalgia funnycars and they sounded 10 times better... I am very lucky and get to stand basically anywhere i want at cordova( I normally stand at 90 feet on the guardrail) anyhow i get to hear these cars up close and screaming by me... To my ears the big show cars dont even compare to the sweet sound of the nostalgia cars

How does this make the cars castrated? Theres a crapload of rules in place now-you can only go to 500cu in-certian size blower-# of mags etc. You think if you told Coil "no rules on anything" he couldn't get a bunch more out of 8 cylinders? The cars are de-tuned 1/2 the time to get them down the track now.
And remember--you're giving a set of rules to RACERS-the smart guys will have it figured out quick-things wont be slow for long.

How does this make the cars castrated? Theres a crapload of rules in place now-you can only go to 500cu in-certian size blower-# of mags etc. You think if you told Coil "no rules on anything" he couldn't get a bunch more out of 8 cylinders? The cars are de-tuned 1/2 the time to get them down the track now.
And remember--you're giving a set of rules to RACERS-the smart guys will have it figured out quick-things wont be slow for long.

Dead on Sherman!! Right now the cars are having problems making the existing power work with current tire technology, crappy track conditions and weather conditions that put them right on the cliff already.

Give me more side-by-side... It is drag racing, after all. Not Bonneville shots

If they sound anything close to the nostalgia fc's I will not only like it I will love it...

World Series @cordova last year.. We saw wilkerson make some passes.. His car sounded good.. then Kyle ,Justin and a few others run there Nostalgia funnycars and they sounded 10 times better... I am very lucky and get to stand basically anywhere i want at cordova( I normally stand at 90 feet on the guardrail) anyhow i get to hear these cars up close and screaming by me... To my ears the big show cars dont even compare to the sweet sound of the nostalgia cars

Than you must be Deaf! If you think the Nostalgia cars are anywhere as loud as the Fuel cars of today you surely are legally Deaf! I knew this would once again dwarf into another Nostalgia vs. NHRA bash thread!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back