New Jim Head car paint job (1 Viewer)

Before a re-wrap last year, I unwrapped our 278" wheelbase dragster/scoop/wing .... the pile on the ground didn't change the weight of the empty trash can enough to be noticeable ... my guess was 2lbs. It's not much, the 3M wrap that we use is tough but VERY thin.

I've had as many cars wrapped as painted .... you know what you are going to get in a wrap. One time I left a body to be painted and gave him the color pallet and said "no skulls" ..... he forgot the "no" .... it was hilarious to swear to my wife what I'd told him. It must have grown on me because I've had a wake boat wrapped with probably 1000 skulls on it for almost 10 years now .... still a looker.

Paint is better, but for a non show car, a wrap is pretty dang good. I had a new corvette stingray wrapped in matte gray that showed the lines of the car awesome .... still one of my favorites. I took every body panel off that car (it had 2k miles on it) and the Kryptonite Kustoms guys came down from Tulsa to do all of the pieces in my shop. I've still got a couple of hundred pages of factory manual to show all of the attachment points .... the car has been replaced many times over, but that was a fun project I'll always remember.

Last edited:
I liked this one too.
Jim+Head+NHRA+Carolinas+Nationals+Day+2+mKOepHr88pbl.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back