**NEW-Chowchilla Motorsport Complex Development schedule (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
NEW-Chowchilla Motorsports Complex & potential NHRA sanctioned drag strip (formerly Tulare Motorsports Complex) Master site development project timeline schedule. I happen to get my hands on a copy of the schedule for Chowchilla and here are some of the schedules highlighted goals and their projected dates:

Phase one of development:

1. Close Loan on or about February 7, 2012

2. Fund Escrow account on or about March 1, 2012

3. Close Escrow on or about March 21, 2012

4. Permit issuance on or about May 1, 2012

5. Grading Permit on or about May 15, 2012

6. Commence Grading (Dozer blades in the dirt) on or about May 21, 2012

I have also viewed and read the contract with the city and it is all about fast tracking the project and uses the wording "expeditiously process" in numerous places in the agreement. They are working on a number of new things currently for the new 580 acre location, i.e. FAA entitlements (chopper pad), utilities entitlements, etc. This will be a multi phase project, phase one will consist of developing 313.2 acres of the 580 acres. It will feature retail/commercial, gas and truck service center, theme park/mixed use, Hotels, retail commercial, and some large assemblages for motorsports entertainment. The map is kind of broad in its observations but not super specific except for plots & sizes and with notation on the areas I mentioned. It was my impression by the shape and size of the large assemblage/entertainmet area that the NASCAR circle track will be in phase one, and the drag strip will be phase 2-I think?
Track is to be located off the California Highway 99, South of Hwy 160 and north of 152 junctions. Between Road 16 1/2 and Road 17 1/2 off the 152 and between Avenue 23 1/2 and 24 from Hwy 99.

***If one is interested find below a link to a thread with some news links regarding Chowchilla, at web-link:
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/29011-tulare-super-drag-strip-not-dead-just-moved.html

;);)

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath on the Drag Strip being built, for a while... if at all....

Sounds more like a new "Magic Kingdom", with hotels, shopping mall, Stadium, some form of a circle go roundy-round track and maybe, someday, a drag strip.... if, and only if, houses/neighborhoods/ and general urban sprawl doesn't encroach....

d'kid

Welcome, to the Hotel Kalifornia... call some place Paradise, Kiss It Good Bye

Banning all over again and again and again.......zzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

UHHH..., Nope....., They couldn't get Banning fully supported by the counsel in the end. Chowchilla is fully and by unaminously approved by vote of the City Counsel (their is video evidence of the vote, ABC30 TV), it is fully supported by Madera County (offical county economic development website posting), and the understanding is confirmed by contract by the city as so noted by newspaper and Television reports, and city minutes (I also have a copy of the contract which indicates the parties involved have an agreement of understanding to procede in an expeditious manor).

;);):)

Last edited:
Banning WAS enthusiastically supported by the city for a long time, but as the projected dragged on and on (no pun intended) it lost the support of the city government...

UHHH..., Nope....., They couldn't get Banning fully supported by the counsel in the end. Chowchilla is fully and by unaminously approved by vote of the City Counsel (their is video evidence of the vote, ABC30 TV),;);):)

When the BULLDOZERS and ROADGRADERS start ripping & roaring THEN BOAST ABOUT IT.
Right now it's just BLOWING SMOKE.....like all the other tracks that were going to be built in the valley..! From Prunedale south........:rolleyes:

When the BULLDOZERS and ROADGRADERS start ripping & roaring THEN BOAST ABOUT IT.
Right now it's just BLOWING SMOKE.....like all the other tracks that were going to be built in the valley..! From Prunedale south........:rolleyes:

Sounds more excited about it than boasting about it... Anytime there is potential for a new track, we all should at least support that anyone even cares anymore to build one. There will be enough pitfalls on this project- fans of the sport shouldn't be one as well...

Mark, I read just recently that Bud Long ? was suing the Tulare folks for 5 million or so over the deal falling apart there ?

This is a project like the one in Atwater that failed, it CAN go forward if the developer gets a building permit and has the funds to start buiding and midigate the issues as they develop.

Even though the Atwater deal died, they did have a building permit in hand, and had the County in their corner, but after 6 years of fighting, no money, no where to borrow at that time either---------------

This one is almost as close as Atwater to me , once again fingers crossed !:D

Mark, I read just recently that Bud Long ? was suing the Tulare folks for 5 million or so over the deal falling apart there ?

This is a project like the one in Atwater that failed, it CAN go forward if the developer gets a building permit and has the funds to start buiding and midigate the issues as they develop.

Even though the Atwater deal died, they did have a building permit in hand, and had the County in their corner, but after 6 years of fighting, no money, no where to borrow at that time either---------------

This one is almost as close as Atwater to me , once again fingers crossed !:D

I'm sure the city and county will facilitate permitting. Will be interesting if financing will be secured. Bud had it for Tulare, from the documents I have it indicates they will be going out again for financing and it seems the money they had on account won't be used? The community is a racing community and has had a track for over three decades, so this isn't new to them. The land from what I understand use to be used for cotton farming, however is now non-viable for farming? Can't imagine the Sierra club would have concerns, but the minute you say that look out. Your right on the crossing fingers deal, we really do need another track in California.

:):)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back