*new-chowchilla drag strip/motorsports complex (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
*NOW UPDATED 1/27/12-Chowchilla Drag Strip/Motorsports Complex

Its been kind of officially quiet lately regarding the proposed Chowchilla, California Drag Strip/Motorsports complex (formerly Tulare Motorsports Complex now moved to Chowchilla). However, at the specical Chowchilla planning commission January, 4, 2012 the agenda indicates under section 3.1 a recommendation to adopt annexation of 1200 acres south of the city borderies for multi-use commercial/entertainment/industrial use Complex. South of the city border is where the drag strip and Motorsports Complex is to be located, at web-link:

http://www.ci.chowchilla.ca.us/planningagen/01%2004%2012%20Special%20Agenda.pdf

****SIDE NOTE-Chowchilla was originally slated to be a 580 acre motorsports complex/developement-Annexation is for 1200 acres (Tulare Motorsports complex now Chowchilla was about 900 acres in the Tulare plan). It seems now the community has bought into the notion of a complex the size of the project has grown to 1200 acres ;)
;);):)

Last edited:
Oh PLEASE.........not more of this !!
Post something when it's surveyed & layed out and the bulldozers are moving dirt. :(

Oh PLEASE.........not more of this !!
Post something when it's surveyed & layed out and the bulldozers are moving dirt. :(

they moved some dirt around in Banning and that amounted to a whole lot of nothing...it's just more hot air until the track is paved and striped

Last edited:
***NEW NITROMATER POST: 1/27/12@1241PST
CITY OF CHOWCHILLA ADDS NEW POSITIONS OF ENGINEER/PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT-ELIMINATES OUTSIDE CONSULTANTS FOR NEW DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ON AGENDA. WILL SPEARHEAD NEW DEVELOPMENT SOUTH OF CITY WHICH INCLUDES MULTI-USE MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX*************

http://www.ci.chowchilla.ca.us/dept.%20forms/Admin/Public%20Information/Press%20Releases/General%20City/New%20Directors%201.05.12.pdf

;):)
Mr.Clayton...I've never met you...I appreciate your efforts and your child like giddyness of this "PROPOSED" race track. As a 3rd Generation Drag racer and 3rd Generation resident of Chowchilla let me assure you NONE of this has to do with Bud Longs Track....ZERO....ZILCH....NADA. My Dad was a city councilman for 14 years in this town...prior to that...15 years on the Parks and Recreation Board. My family has ties to City Hall deeper than it's foundation. The current MAYOR is my ex-girlfriend. David Alexander is a customer of mine.....are your tying the dots together yet?...As much as I would LOVE to not have to tow to Famoso to race...I feel and KNOW I'll still be towing there when the 5th generation is racing(my son is a 13yo junior racer). These releases you keep reading into have to do with annexation maps that were drawn up in the 90's...it's just a sphere of influence annexation. The in house positions you tie to expansion....are actually tied to the FACT that the City of Chowchilla is in a financial hole and were forced by the state to CUT outside sourcing of those positions. The Public Wroks director replaced the one that retired...SHOCKING ISNT IT?. I'm not trying to cast a wet blanket. I'm merely stating this "MOTORPLEX" is a pie in the sky as far as the city council is concerned. Keep hoping....because as of right now...HOPE is all there is in the fields south of here....NEVERMIND that Joe Montana owns the land that Bud Long wants...and Joe says NO !!!
Come on down....I'll show you where Mr.Longs pipe dream lays....you'll see where it wont work...HIGH SPEED RAIL has it covered before BUD LONG.

Back when Riverside Motorsports Park was hot in Atwater,Ca people were dry humping John Condrens leg.....and where's Riverside Motorsports Park?...gone...along with 10 million in cash.

The only hope this valley had for a race track was when an older gentleman proposed a Motorsports Complex near Castle AFB....he stated he had financing and an assembled team...this was years before Riverside ...The city council of Merced ignored him..then enviro wackos and farmers went nuts and ran him off..so he went to Fontana and built AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY....his name...ROGER PENSKE.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your beliefs. All inquires are good inquires. If one reviews the document web-links provided and the actions of the Chowchilla planning commision they clearly referernce the "CHWDC PROJECT" which is south of the city of Chowchilla. I have provided a web-link news article from the prominent Central California News reporting agency "The Merced Sun Star" below that clearly states that Chowchilla "City documents claim the project, which includes plans for retail, hotels, entertainment, a race track, large assemblages, amusement and leisure options". This Project is so noted in the article as the CHWDC PROJECT.

Would-be developer in Chowchilla failed at similar project in Tulare - Local - MercedSun-Star.com

also, ABC30 Television VIDEO web-link: Chowchilla considers development proposal | abc30.com

*****ADDED SPECIAL BONUS************

http://www.ci.chowchilla.ca.us/councilagendas/Council%20Reports/6.1%20-%2009.12.11%20agenda.pdf

Thanks for asking and good luck in all your future endeavors. ;):):D

Last edited:
Also heard about this when I was in the shop yesterday picking up my lastest machined block. The Stalled "NEW" Kern County Raceway park circle track in Bakersfield that is 80% complete is revived and they are planning to finish it. I hear that it will feature a 1/4 and 1/2 mile oval. Someone passed on to me they think it will be used as a replacement for the Mesa Marin which was shut down and leveled in 2005. Check out the new web-link with article dated 2/2/12 from the "Californian", and Bakersfield.com:
Kern County Raceway Park back on track - Bakersfield.com

******NEW-2/4/12 VIDEO*******************************
Kern County automobile raceway has new life | Sports Scores | Bakersfield Now - News, Weather and Sports

About the new Kern County Raceway Park: The Collins family joined the DeStefani family in planning the new replacement half-mile D-oval. The track, located at the crossroads of Interstate 5 and State Route 43 (Enos Lane) along the Kern River, broke ground in February 2007.

The track will feature considerable differences with the old track; one notable difference will be the track becoming a progressively banked track, similar to its neighbour in the south, Irwindale Speedway, with a progressive banking starting at 12 degrees on the bottom and rising to 14 degrees at the top, with an uphill climb to the backstretch, ten feet higher than the pit straight for spectator visibility. Turns three and four will also be banked 12-14 degrees, and feature a ten-foot descent. An 1/8 mile dragstrip and a 1/4 mile infield oval are slated.

The track is seeking a major sponsor for naming-rights to the facility that lies right next to the southbound lanes of Interstate-5 (Golden State Freeway) and Enos Lane, the major artery of transportation between San Francisco/northern California and Los Angeles/southern California. For now the track is referred as Kern River Raceweay.

During September 2007, the track announced rules for the 2008 season, the 30th season for the Collins family, and the first with the new track. The 29th October Classic was scheduled to return in 2008 with a $30,000 to win Late Model race with NASCAR Late Models, NASCAR Camping World Series West, and SRL Flashco Southwest Tour, and would have had coverage from HDNet (NASCAR Camping World Series West) and Versus (SRL Late Models). The Camping World Series West race would have ended the 2008 season for that tour at this track.

Before todays great news the track construction has been delayed due to financial difficulties as well as issues with obtaining permits. The original opening date scheduled for June, 2008 has been delayed.

I know this is a drag racing blog but decided to toss it in since we were talking about new California Race Tracks
;):):D

Last edited:
Mark I heard there is a group working on building a track in Salinas. Suprised you're not all over this.

Machined block? Will we be seeing your dragster sometime soon?:confused::rolleyes:

Mark I heard there is a group working on building a track in Salinas. Suprised you're not all over this.

Machined block? Will we be seeing your dragster sometime soon?:confused::rolleyes:
...Gino...Valley Head Service did an excellent repair on my Dads Big Block Mopar Heads....Dale Thomas says thanks....no more dropped valves in 2012 !!!!!

Thank you for sharing your beliefs. All inquires are good inquires. If one reviews the document web-links provided and the actions of the Chowchilla planning commision they clearly referernce the "CHWDC PROJECT" which is south of the city of Chowchilla. I have provided a web-link news article from the prominent Central California News reporting agency "The Merced Sun Star" below that clearly states that Chowchilla "City documents claim the project, which includes plans for retail, hotels, entertainment, a race track, large assemblages, amusement and leisure options". This Project is so noted in the article as the CHWDC PROJECT.

Would-be developer in Chowchilla failed at similar project in Tulare - Local - MercedSun-Star.com

also, ABC30 Television VIDEO web-link: Chowchilla considers development proposal | abc30.com

Thanks for asking and good luck in all your future endeavors. ;):):D
....I'm glad you'll blindly believe anything in the press....and BTW.... Mr. Long failed to show up to a scheduled meeting Tuesday with the new city staff.....no one has heard from him in 4-5 weeks..... so there goes that TIME TABLE you published. I talked to David Alexander today....hey Dave...where we at on the track?....his reply...Um...stalled and waiting for jumper cables or someone with money and a plan.

Mr. Clayton.....please focus your energy on racing....Central California will NEVER have a new drag strip or major race track of any kind.

I PRAY I'm proven wrong....but I've witnessed 10 different pitched strips in the valley NEVER HAPPEN.

And the best way to build a drag strip would to be go about it quietly....get it all passed....rubber stamped..keep it on the down low so the enviro wackos dont get wind....the 86yo woman with nervous cats dont get wind ..then have a circus press conference. Not go for the show then vaporize.The way I described works....a new 400yd rifle and pistol range with trap shooting is already approved and turning dirt....and the press never got wind of it.

.keep it on the down low so the enviro wackos dont get wind....the 86yo woman with nervous cats dont get wind ..then have a circus press conference.

The Press has already been reporting on it, the environmentalists will find out about it anyway, and not many 86 year old women with cats read Nitromater on a regular basis if they can even use a computer-at least I don't think so. I think we'll probably be O.K. L.O.L

Thanks for sharing and all opinions are appreciated.

Last edited:
The Press has already been reporting on it, the environmentalists will find out about it anyway, and not many 86 year old women with cats read Nitromater on a regular basis if they can even use a computer-at least I don't think so. I think we'll probably be O.K. L.O.L

Thanks for sharing and all opinions are appreciated.

You have ZERO clue what I meant.... The press is reporting it because BUD LONG CALLED THEM......most successful ventures take place OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE.
Here's your savior and hero
Valley Voice Newspaper

And read where these STELLAR projects have went......
Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - North California Proposed Track News

And he has priors....

Fresno Hard Times

"Fresno developer Bud Long was given an exclusive non-bid contract by the City Council and soon began building that project at Inyo and M streets in 1996. Over $1 million dollars was advanced to Long by the City Council. However, 4 months later Long fired his subcontractors, unable to obtain a line of credit from any financial institution to complete the project. The City Council then took back the project but the City money advanced to Long was not returned." .....that was in 1998.... sounds ALOT like Tulare doesn't it?

Last edited:
You have ZERO clue what I meant.... The press is reporting it because BUD LONG CALLED THEM......most successful ventures take place OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE.
Here's your savior and hero
Valley Voice Newspaper

And read where these STELLAR projects have went......
Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - North California Proposed Track News

And he has priors....

Fresno Hard Times

"Fresno developer Bud Long was given an exclusive non-bid contract by the City Council and soon began building that project at Inyo and M streets in 1996. Over $1 million dollars was advanced to Long by the City Council. However, 4 months later Long fired his subcontractors, unable to obtain a line of credit from any financial institution to complete the project. The City Council then took back the project but the City money advanced to Long was not returned." .....that was in 1998.... sounds ALOT like Tulare doesn't it?

Old News, Anybody who is able to secure $400 Million for a Motorsports Complex (Tulare Motorsports Complex) isn't doing to bad as Bud's development group did!:D To bad Tulare politics, etc. killed it. Bud showed them the money$$$$$, at web-link:
Valley Voice Newspaper

Last edited:
Old News, Anybody who is able to secure $400 Million for a Motorsports Complex (Tulare Motorsports Complex) isn't doing to bad as Bud's development group did!:D To bad Tulare politics, etc. killed it. Bud showed them the money$$$$$, at web-link:
Valley Voice Newspaper

No....the investment company showed them the money.... BUD LONG couldnt secure the CASH part.....ask Butch Hedrick of the ANRA...he's on the Tulare Farm Show Board....he'll tell you EXACTLY what I'm saying...BUD LONG is another JOHN CONDREN of Riverside Motorsports Park fame(John Condren had a group of investors too...250 million worth...NEVER HAPPENED)....all bark...NO BUCKS !

"Roger Reed, president of Correspondent Funding, said TMSC developers have secured more than $400 million. “We will be funding 90 percent of the project and the client will provide the other 10 percent in cash,” said Reed."

KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL AIDE......LIME I THINK IS YOUR FLAVOR.

Here's where BUD LONG is headed... Riverside Motorsports Park CEO says plan for track is dead - Corinne Reilly - MercedSun-Star.com
Fleece em and dump em ......MARK MY WORDS...A DRAG STRIP WILL NOT BE BUILT IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA by Bud Longs doing.

Last edited:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain.

See you at the races......I'll be the one on the track.....you'll be the one waiting for Bud's.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back