*** Tulare Super drag strip not dead just moved? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
The proposed NHRA sanctioned Tulare Super Drag Strip may be dead in Tulare, but not in another location. Just check out this report from the prominent and well respected business news reporting agency, "The Buisness Journal" at the web-link provided below:

UPDATE 2/11/12***THE WEB-LINK BELOW IS NOW IN ARCHIEVES IF ONE DESIRES TO RESEARCH IT**********************************

Chowchilla eyed for NASCAR-style project

***UPDATE 3/11/12 HERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WEB-LINK ABOUT THE NEW CHOWCHILLA MOTORSPORTS EFFORTS:
Chowchilla considers development proposal | abc30.com

***JUST A REMINDER THE TULARE SUPER DRAG STRIP IS PART OF THE BUD LONGS TULARE MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX DEVELOPMENT****

;):)

Last edited:
OH NO......here we go on another wild goose chase........dream on !!
The Sierra Club wants to protect the little lizards.... :):D

Still owes a million for fronted services and turned over city council doesn't sound promising !
Will Long put up his own money next time considering the last outcome !
We in Texas and New Mexico know all about Lizards shutting down beneficial things !

A few years ago when the project was started it was a uphill battle !
Now it would take a protracted expensive war .

One could hope though ! I doubt you could get such a fine facility built right here in Texas !
Money is tight and not being lent and the crazies are in charge of the asylum at the EPA [ Sierra Club ] in D C .

Recently California ask for and was granted CO2 and greenhouse limits more stringent than those the EPA set !

This reminds me WHY I left Kalifornia 30 Years ago. JMHO, but I see Auto Racing outlawed in Cali by 2025.

d'kid

The Tulare Motorsports complex was and may stlll be funded through private investment per this article and announce in the Valley Voice newspaper, money was not an issue, at the web-link provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

It would be interesting to find out were the uninformed rumor comes from that the project was not and is not funded :confused:

The current question at hand is the money in the Real Estate holding account in San Diego for the project still available to Bud Long and the development team?

Money Talks-Cash is King;):)

Last edited:
That "news" is almost a year old. When they Start Construction and lay Pavement let us know.

Yeah, the $$$$$$ is 'there' like I said, it's not news until they figure out where they are building the track, permits in hand, and they start moving dirt.

Everything else is just press releases.

d'kid

Yeah, the $$$$$$ is 'there' like I said, it's not news until they figure out where they are building the track, permits in hand, and they start moving dirt.

Everything else is just press releases.

d'kid

Ask for location and yee shall receive, at web-link:
Chowchilla considers development proposal | abc30.com

and memo of understanding signed by city counsel with developer;)

video link: Chowchilla considers development proposal | Video | abc30.com

***Side note-Chowchilla as a community has had a small race facility for years, and is a community that has historically supported racing. For those in Sacramento the new Chowchilla Super Drag Strip and Nascar track is a 2 hour 13 minute drive down highway 99 from Sacramento ;-)

;):):D

Last edited:
Sounds like he has a winning track record in the past. Folks around the Tulare area who supported that effort no longer believe in this guy. The common feeling was, "Shut up and build it." The more he opened his mouth, the more property price went up. It eventually got to the point that no one thought it was worth while.

BTW, Chowchilla is or at least was a hot spot for drag boat racing on the local river.

Again good luck with this.

******THE FRESNO BEE NEWSPAPER REPORTS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 THAT THE CITY OF CHOWCHILLA, CALIFORNIA HAS IN FACT ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH DEVELOPER BUD LONG TO BUILD A RACING FACILITY (this would include a drag strip), AT THE WEB-LINK PROVIDED:

*********UPDATE JANUARY 16, 2011***********************
THE ARTICLE ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEB-LINK BELOW IS NOW IN THE FRESNO BEE ARCHIEVES AND CAN BE FOUND THERE IF ONE DESIRES****

Chowchilla would-be developer failed in Tulare - Local - fresnobee.com

Last edited:
Another article from the Merced Sun-Star Newspaper dated, September 23, 2011. It has some different information in it than the article from the Fresno Bee as posted above. The link below also features a picture of the parcel in the report, at web-limk:
Would-be developer in Chowchilla failed at similar project in Tulare - Local - MercedSun-Star.com

***As a side note I contacted Sacramento earlier after the Tulare deal fell out to see if they were interested, they indicated they were reviewing it. Obviously Chowchilla has it now, but wanted to add this conversation I had today as maybe some insight why it didn't come to Sacramento. Talked to a gal I work with who's husband is on Sacramento Sports commission. Mentioned that Sacramento could have had the Tulare Motorsports Complex development that fell out. I relayed to her they moved the project to Chowchilla. She replied, " I guess they wanted to stay down there". Which means their was probably an inquiry from Sacramento via my contacts with them and they were rebuffed.

***Note-Chowchilla is 169 miles from Sonoma, and thus over a 150 miles away from Infineon in Sonoma. This means their will be no contract/rules conflict with NASCAR or NHRA preventing chowchilla from having divisional or national events. The new track will be a 2 hour 13 minute drive down from Sacramento on Highway 99. If the track would have been in Sacramento it would have been within 150 miles of Infineon.

***Note2-Chowchilla currently has a race track that has been their for many decades and still operates. The community has a rich racing history, and the community totally supports motorsports. Here is a link to the current racing facility in Chowchilla, California, Chowchilla Speedway

Last edited:
**********GREAT NEW VIDEO-CHOWCHILLA, CALIFORNIA SUPER DRAG STRIP AND MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX FROM FRESNO CALIFORNIA ABC TELEVISION AFFILIATE ABC30, AT THE WEB-LINK PROVIDED:

Chowchilla considers development proposal | Video | abc30.com

*****SIDE NOTE***************
Our local NBC affiliate KCRA Television station had its Central Valley Beat reporter Rich Ibbara up here in Sacramento ( Sacramento region he almost never covers, because for the last 30 years he's covered the central Valley for KCRA). Rich was up at our local track All American Speedway reporting on this weekends K&N West NASCAR race (our local big race of the year). It seems KCRA may be getting Rich up to speed/oriented on the racing stuff since Chowcilla, California is in the Central California and Rich Ibarra's news reporting beat/duty assignment.

****NEW-Madera County home to the city of Chowchilla, California promotes on its Economic Development Commission website the Chowchilla Super Drag Strip/motorsports development (formerly the Tulare Motorsports Complex), its currently the ninth item down on the home page of the site, at web-link:

Madera EDC Newsletter

;):)

***The action of the county of Madera now joining with the City Chowchilla would be considered at a substantial step**********

Last edited:
This and any other "new drag strip story" (especially in California) needs to go away until a car goes down the track. People use drag strips to get what they really want. I want to build a factory, so I say I'm going to build a drag strip then the factory sounds a lot better to everyone. Tulare, Chowchilla, where next?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back