NHRA Guidelines applied to Tulare Super Drag Strip project (1 Viewer)

File this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it open" file for me. It is in California afterall....
Could be wrong but looks like there's an 18-hole golfcourse in place there right now. Not sure about how it works in the US but over here there is no way that golfers would leave their space to any motorsports venue without a humongous fight.

Does anyone know if an agreement on closing down that golf course is a done deal?

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Just looked at the aerial map (Satalite photo) of the proerty on mapquest.com myself and never knew about the golf course. Looks like the property will butt up against it, but will be on the otherside from thr strip. There are some farm houses and what looks to be feed lots close by, but if they wanted to complain they would have done so already. Who knows maybe they're the one selling the property.

I'll believe it when I see it too. But I also believe that the likelyness of this going through is high. Revenue wise, the Bakersfield community gains millions each year because of the Famoso, other surrounding communities realize this and what to get in the action. Grassroots drag racing on old airport runways have been happening here in California recently and the people love it. Something for those farmers and Ag people to do who otherwise have nothing else to do.

California is a big place with lots of people in it. Not all Californians are tree hugging, pot smoking, welfare living, Polosi/Fienstien/Boxer loving, lets save the smelt fish at the cost of other people's livelyhood, crying liberals. This is an indication that the pendellum will swing the other way.

Sorry for the political comment.:eek:

****UPDATED 12/23/09****NHRA Guidelines applied to Tulare Super Drag Strip project

****NEW HOT UPDATE****​
The Tulare motorsports Complex and super drag strip built to NHRA guidelines & standards continues to bull ahead. Tulare City counsel approves final development map, and letter of intent obtained to secure $125,000,000 financing for first phase of project at the web page link provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

:);):D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Last edited:
Just WHERE can "NHRA Guidelines & Standards" be found ??
I talked to several people with NHRA and none knew.......

John this was provided in the first link of the initial entry for this thread. The PDF has them located on the second page under the section, "Project specifics." All you need to do is scroll down to the second page of the project features schematic and they can be found there at this web link:

http://tularemotorsport.com/pdf/Dragstrip_Features.pdf

:);)

*$*$*$-FINANCIAL ALERT- NEW TULARE DRAG STRIP FUNDING JUST ABOUT SECURED!

It seems most of the financing for the new Super Drag Strip in Tulare California has been nearly secured. Just the administrative detail on what financial entity will hold funds remains, at the web link provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

;):)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back