NHRA Guidelines applied to Tulare Super Drag Strip project (1 Viewer)

MOPAR DRAG CITY in Banning sure did.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

File this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it open" file for me. It is in California afterall....

Good one!!!!
There was also a big deal supposed to be going in North of Fresno somewhere and the Green Gestapo took care of that.

There are more than one proposed drag strip that is well on its way to becoming to life. There are others that are choosing to avoid the media for obvious reasons; like the liberal press. The face of drag racing could change dramatically with in the next few years. I would be surprised if this track becomes an IHRA sanctioned track, you shouldn't either Mark.

As much as the politicians here in Cal want to be leaders for environmental protection, they also don't like dead voters. These counties are having problems with street and back road racers and want to start crushing those cars used for illegal activities. They are realizing that there needs to be alternative provided and are more than giving their blessing to build race tracks.

I think that this is the same group that was working on Castle AFB above Fresno. A lot of hurtles have been cleared and this project will most likely prevail. Personally, I think this project has too much to be built in too short of time. But, we'll see how the funding holds out.

Gino, this is a totally different group developing the Tulare Motorsports Complex and Super Drag Strip. The other group you mentioned is the Castle AFB/Merced/Riverside Motorsports Park group, they are two different set of folks, and two different deals. One of the benefits the Tulare project will provide, and the community is excited about is jobs. I mean jobs now, and in the future through growth and expansion of the project and the development that will transpire around it. Their are a few fine points that I have not mentioned about the project and they are as follows:

1. Tulare already has banked infrastructure money, i.e. from government stimulus money for the roads, stop lights, side walks, paving, sewage, etc. to support the whole plot of land the motorsports complex will be on. They will be starting with that portion of the project first. Because, currently on the plot of land where the motorsports complex is going is a Ag-Expo (Agriculure Exposition) site. Even if their is a hiccup with building the race track, they will continue to build out the infrasture for the plot of land as they will then expand the Ag-Expo to include a convention center. Bottom line-the infrasture is going to be built out no matter what!

2. They need to put the shovels in the dirt NOW! Because the the votes to approve all this from governement officials in Tulare were on 3-2 votes. Their is an election next November, and one of the yes votes is 78 years old and he isn't going to run again, and the other yes vote has indicated that he will probably won't run again. So, if they are going to do it, IT MUST BE NOW!!! It's all approved and they have to have this thing really moved along by the time the next election rolls around.

Now I gave you the inside scoop, got it!
:);)

Last edited:
Only problem I see is if they really want to build what is in the drawings it will cost 100 million, if they find a bank for that I want to put an application in for a loan there too.

"NHRA Guidelines applied to Tulare Super Drag Strip"

Just what are NHRA guidelines????:confused:
Is this why all new tracks only have grandstands to half track ??

Last edited:
All I can say is I hope it all works out, gets plenty of support and is a great success. Good news would be nice, I wish them well.
Dan

There's a perfectly good drag strip in Southern Oregon in need of someone to run it. And, it wouldn't cost a 10th of what they'd spend in California. Plus, no sales tax. Call the Jackson County Parks Dept in Medford, OR.

I'm in complete agreement with Tim C. on this issue. It's a "believe it when I see it" situation. Although I currently live in KS, I lived in California for 25 of my 26 years on this earth. Aside from all the red tape that California is notorious for, one other issue which will creep into the fold is urban sprawl. Famoso is in a prime location because it's surrounded by orchards....ie no residences. As cities become larger and residences get closer to these tracks it'll become an evermore difficult battle to stay open.

Mark, I lived in Roseville for about 5 years and frequented Sac Raceway very often. I think that track is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. 20 years ago it was in the middle of no where, and now it's almost in the middle of a sub-division.......unfortunately it's only a matter of time until it is shut down. That's just the state of things in California. Palmdale, Inyokern, and possibly in the near future Fontana is the trend of how things are in the great state. Throw in the debacle that was the Banning facility and you get a trend that is not conducive to a facility like this. Again I hope I'm wrong, but as Tim said, when July 4th 2011 comes around and racecars are warming up in the pits then I'll gladly eat crow.

I'm in complete agreement with Tim C. on this issue. It's a "believe it when I see it" situation. Although I currently live in KS, I lived in California for 25 of my 26 years on this earth. Aside from all the red tape that California is notorious for, one other issue which will creep into the fold is urban sprawl. Famoso is in a prime location because it's surrounded by orchards....ie no residences. As cities become larger and residences get closer to these tracks it'll become an evermore difficult battle to stay open.

Mark, I lived in Roseville for about 5 years and frequented Sac Raceway very often. I think that track is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. 20 years ago it was in the middle of no where, and now it's almost in the middle of a sub-division.......unfortunately it's only a matter of time until it is shut down. That's just the state of things in California. Palmdale, Inyokern, and possibly in the near future Fontana is the trend of how things are in the great state. Throw in the debacle that was the Banning facility and you get a trend that is not conducive to a facility like this. Again I hope I'm wrong, but as Tim said, when July 4th 2011 comes around and racecars are warming up in the pits then I'll gladly eat crow.

The new Tulare track has all the red tape stuff done, it's a non-issue! (I think when people hear about Tulare, it kind of seems like they start having flashbacks about Banning, and Merced-Tulare's a different deal) As far as Sacramento, I believe as long as it stays with the current long time operator, or his family it may be grandfather claused. With respect to the Sacramento track and noise. I don't forsee and would be surpised if an issue arose as they have converted the next door to the track former Mather AFB SAC (B-52 bomber) base into commercial use and they have huge cargo jets from DHL, UPS, FEDEX, Airborne Express, etc. roaring out of there night and day. The noise generated by the track compared to the air cargo traffic doesn't even show up on the radar. How do I know about this, I live down the road from both the track and Mather, and have for many decades, etc.

:);)

Looking at that map and remembering what it looked like when I visited a Valley Head Service customer on Ave 200, the track will run southwest. Hope it doesn't hinder the driver too much late in the afternoon.

BTW, I can tell you that there is absolutly nothing out there except some agriculture rental yards. The town of Tulare is farther up the road a couple of miles. Pixley is to the south about ten minute, mostly farm hands living in that town.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back