New Car for Rapid (1 Viewer)

Hey Randy, do you guys ever do any exhibition shows? If so, there is a nice 1/8th mile in Terre Haute, In Would love to see you there.
I don't know if you know who Chuck Baird is (the Wild Side BAD) he is from Assumption,Ill He used to run there all the time.
Anyway, I would LOVE to see you in Terre Haute.

Randy,
It looks like you have the start of a real clean and good looking ride.:)

I have a question. In the drawing it shows fenders on the body and of course the new body doesn't have any. So the question is: which way are you going? :confused:

Can't wait to see it all dressed out.
jim

Randy...wish you were in my neghborhood...love the sound of a supercharged fuel motor anytime...sweet looking ride

I've told this story a couple of times, back in 92-93 there was a guy down the street who had a low buck alky FC. This car was maybe a low 7-sec piece, non the less he wasn't shy about lighting it off on his driveway! I'm 12 homes down the street and the 2 times I heard him start it, it sounded closer to 2-3 homes away! I can't even fathom hearing a Fuel Motor in a Neighborhood, unless you and your crew take a poll on how quick the Cops show up!

Hey Randy, do you guys ever do any exhibition shows? If so, there is a nice 1/8th mile in Terre Haute, In Would love to see you there.
I don't know if you know who Chuck Baird is (the Wild Side BAD) he is from Assumption,Ill He used to run there all the time.
Anyway, I would LOVE to see you in Terre Haute.

Scott, if you can PM me the track owner's name or info. I will give him a call. We do do match races when we are at the Nostalgia meets. Maybe we can get something going over that way. :cool:

I can't believe how many of you posted compliments. Thank you very much for taking the time to do that. I means alot to me. :)

Rapid

Randy,
It looks like you have the start of a real clean and good looking ride.:)

I have a question. In the drawing it shows fenders on the body and of course the new body doesn't have any. So the question is: which way are you going? :confused:

Can't wait to see it all dressed out.
jim

Jim, good eyes. We wanted to go with the fendered look because it is different than most others. Right now the plan is to finish getting the 23T car ready to race, just like we were going to use it. Then sell it. At that time we will get to work on the new car to run for this season. I know I am going to paint it Purple, but will probably wait until next winter to locate some fenders and graft them on. I do like the looks of the concept with the fenders on the car. Thanks for asking. :cool:

The pictures were taken the day after we got the car home. So it is just as we got it in the photos.

Rapid

David K, you aren't that far away. Next time you have a few hours to kill come on down! :D

Joe, good story. We have been lucky so far,,,no cops at the raceshop! :eek: I used to get quite a few visits from them when I would fire up the Vette back at the old neighborhood! :D

Rapid

Looks great Randy, I vote for fenders and a clutch, hammocks are for vacations not the racetrack! :D..... go get um buddy!

Joe, good story. We have been lucky so far,,,no cops at the raceshop! :eek: I used to get quite a few visits from them when I would fire up the Vette back at the old neighborhood! :D
Rapid

Visit's because of complaints, or Curiousity? I knew a guy in a small town here in NM who has a dirt modified with a 406. He runs it at his at his shop from time to time. Well one day a neighbor had enough and called the Police. About 10 minutes after he shut off the squadcar pulled up. The officer got out and mentioned that his neighbor complained about the Noise. The conversation turned towards the racecar and the Cop said "Start it up, I'd like to hear it!"

Joe mosty choice "B", Only 1-time in the 15-years there was it for noise, and it went almost exactly as you described your buddy's visit,,,except the fire it up part. :D

They even stopped by to warn me not to keep racing over on 29th street. The officer who came by said the Sheriff was looking for a Blue car with tires this wide,,,and this far apart. He said, "I knew right away it was your car, but don't worry, I didn't say anything!" :eek: :cool:

It was a good deal to have friends on the force. ;)

Rapid

Looks great Randy, I vote for fenders and a clutch, hammocks are for vacations not the racetrack! :D..... go get um buddy!

You clutch guys,,,you and Tony, always trying to get everybody covered with clutch dust and working on the car between rounds! :eek: :D

Rapid

Yep, "Moon Me Boy", that is the joint. :cool:

The place Greg is talking about is a farmer friend. We would go to his house, pull in the driveway and unload the race cars. Then take them out and run them on the flat highway in front of his farm. It wasn't too unusual to have 2-3 cars out there trying stuff out on the weekends. :eek: :D

Rapid

When I lived in Florida the security at the track was off duty State Troopers. I got to know them pretty well. So one day I am driving on the highway and police lights come on behind me so I pull over. I get my stuff out and get out of the car [back when that was ok] and guess what? It was one of my trooper buddy who had some pictures that he took at the track and wanted to show me. :D

BTW: Because of him I not only knew the areas of patrol but the timing of thoses patrols. It is good to have friends...

jim

Yep, "Moon Me Boy", that is the joint. :cool:

The place Greg is talking about is a farmer friend. We would go to his house, pull in the driveway and unload the race cars. Then take them out and run them on the flat highway in front of his farm. It wasn't too unusual to have 2-3 cars out there trying stuff out on the weekends. :eek: :D

Rapid

I bet people would show up just from hearing those cars! Kinda like that baseball field in field of dreams!

It usually managed to draw some "Fans". ;)

It got to be so regular, we would just wave as we pulled in to his place. We were able to by-pass the "Would you mind if we ran the cars today" portion of the deal. :D

Jim, knowing the schedule/program,,,,is a VERY good thing! :cool:

Rapid

Brian, I pick on those Fiberglass Cave Dwellers pretty regular over there. :eek: Its all in good fun. Sure we go there to test some, that is a great track. If you are coming thru make sure you get ahold of me.

Rapid

Yeah, right. You pick on them. Uh huh. Your secret's safe with me. :D

I heard there's a cave somewhere with some twinkies in the seat. :D

Yeah, right. You pick on them. Uh huh. Your secret's safe with me.

I heard there's a cave somewhere with some twinkies in the seat.

Ron,

I DON'T always start it! :rolleyes:

Virgil is working on swapping out the twinkies {Which I don't like} for brownies or cake, then we have a deal. I will drive his Fiberglass Cave for him if he doesn't work me as hard as he did on the Top Fuel car at Joliet! :rolleyes: :D

Rapid {Counting on none of the funnycar guys see this post with me admitting I would drive a Fiberglass Cave} :D

Rapid {Counting on none of the funnycar guys see this post with me admitting I would drive a Fiberglass Cave} :D

That's okay. I'm just trying to figure out what I can make up that you were over here admitting that sounds much worse so that YOU'LL be the one who has to straighten it out! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back