New A/FC (1 Viewer)

I had heard Julie Nataas would be running AFuel FC as well with the Randy Meyer entry.

This A/Fuel has quite quiet. I really wonder how many teams are going to cross over?
Until there's a proven benefit, probably not very many. Figure a year to sort the combination out, then another who-knows-how-long for NHRA to achieve parity with the blower cars, then feedback from the teams running them as to cost. It took years before you saw a lot of people running A/FD.

That Mustang is a good lookin' ride.

This A/Fuel has quite quiet. I really wonder how many teams are going to cross over?
Well ideally, I'd like to see nobody crossover. What would be great is if the class gets new cars, that weren't previously blown alky. That would spice up the class, which is the real intention behind adding A/Fuel. I'm sure you'll hear about a few more A/FCs before too long.

My curiosity is cost. With the cost to run a competitive TAFC being extremely expensive (in 2007 Manzo told me he ran on 350K a year) I'm sure that cost has at least doubled in 2023.
Knowing the injected nitro combination is more economical, will this make the AFC's the same? If yes, I'm sure you'd be surprised how many pop up in the next couple of years

If I remember correctly, the initial cost is around the same for all combos. But the maintenance cost, without breakage, was lower with injected Nitro. Blown alky with a convertor next. Blown alky with a clutch last. I'm sure there are differences between roots and screw blowers, too.

I also think that Mustang is sweet looking. Ok, I am a Ford guy...

It's nice to see something other than a current Camaro body. Too bad Ford, Dodge, and Toyota aren't involved with TAFC/AFC bodies.

The article stated that the Mustang was an old Force body & it had more down force than the Camaro. Said that injected nitro needs the down force the last 1/8 mile.

The article stated that the Mustang was an old Force body & it had more down force than the Camaro. Said that injected nitro needs the down force the last 1/8 mile.
If you compare the wings on the blown alky dragsters vs. the A/FDs, you’ll see the blower cars use a rear wing that’s about the same size as the front wing on an A/FD. The A/Fuel cars use a Top Fuel rear wing, although I think only a 2 element version.

From Julie Nataas' FB page:

Pre-season testing!
— at Houston Raceway.

330979857_864638748263605_8796136862846913318_n.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back