national gas price boycott (1 Viewer)

Venezuela just released on news ticker 50% tax per barrel oil over $70 and 60% tax per barrel over $100. Look out $5.00 a gal coming soon, but our great leaders say we're OK.:mad:

Not quite. The average combination of state and federal taxes on gasoline in this country is 47 cents per gallon. That in no way accounts for prices approaching $4.00 per gallon.

Nope...OPEC is not setting the high prices for oil. Crude oil has been bid up on the commodities market by investors. As the value of the dollar around the world has dropped, investors have been looking to move their money out of dollars and into commodities. One of the results has been that they are bidding up the price of crude oil and other commodities. It's the same reason that the price of wheat and other grains has been going up so much lately. In case you haven't noticed, the price of flour has gone up about 50 percent over the past six months.

The Wall Street Journal has been reporting for several weeks now -- and no one else is reporting this -- that the demand for gasoline in this country has been dropping and as it does, the oil companies have been cutting production so that the price does not decline.

Jim

and OPEC are the ones declining oil production, they turn the screws up or down, we can only hope to somewhat offset thier desicion on what a barrel of crude costs by increasing output, belive what you want but the Oil ministers of OPEC decide what a barrel of crude oil costs, I'm telling you as an ex-patriot with a Brother in West Africa IN THE OILFIELD the prices are not going down and the Oil Ministers of OPEC are going to make sure of it. China is our new worst enemy, thier demand has surpassed ours and THEY are going to get the breaks. Just remember the few countries in the middle east can support the world with oil, we can't make a dent in what they supply, so it's not up to us to say what a barrel of crude oil costs, and right now is living proof of that. Now is the time to either pay up or find a differant way to travel, heat, ect. this is real..

this is real..

Your right, this a severe problem, that alone is crippling things. We paid 3.73 a gallon last night, and I swear I was sick to my stomach. My employment is based on people using their cars, traveling in the summer, going to the lake, etc. And I have to wonder how much that is going to be scaled back this year. And from my own perspective, our Waverunners our most likely going to sit a little more this summer due to escalating fuel costs.

Either take a pro-active stance NOW w/ your finances and future or take a daily reaction of hope and dispair that this situation will get better. It is only going to get worse so plan ahead or get left behind financially.

One of the steps my dad and I are working on as we re-wire my house is to do so with an eye to the final objective of taking my house off the grid electrically (photo-voltaic/solar.) While not fuel for travel, it will free up more financial resources in my wallet in the long run, which means it won't be so hard to buy gas. Eventually, it also means that I will also not need natural gas which is currently what I use for hot water and heat. With current technology it is very feasible to do this as I work on bringing my home up to code or better.

Well, then, I guess that just about does it. After 47 posts, I see there is just no hope to EVER lowering the fuel prices. Might as well just give up and pay whatever the big gas companies demand. Apparently calling our political hacks every other day and demanding that they do something to get the prices lower is too much work. Not patronizing certain gas stations won't work either.

Yep, just no use. Guess we will just have to let our entire economy and life styles fall into the ocean.

Well, then, I guess that just about does it. After 47 posts, I see there is just no hope to EVER lowering the fuel prices. Might as well just give up and pay whatever the big gas companies demand. Apparently calling our political hacks every other day and demanding that they do something to get the prices lower is too much work. Not patronizing certain gas stations won't work either.

Yep, just no use. Guess we will just have to let our entire economy and life styles fall into the ocean.

Don't be so cynical John,
It's much better now that we are using 2 gallons of petroleum to turn food into 1 gallon of fuel that will only take us 60% an far as 1 gallon of gasoline! :D:rolleyes:

Don't be so cynical John,
It's much better now that we are using 2 gallons of petroleum to turn food into 1 gallon of fuel that will only take us 60% an far as 1 gallon of gasoline! :D:rolleyes:

So many people complain a lot about the high gas prices BUT won't even attempt to try something that will possibly work. We can't just cut back on our driving. Easy to say but hard to do. Gas prices will continue to rise so the greedy gas companies can make up the difference. So how do we counter this? The gas companies greed and our government's failure to allow drilling in the US is destroying our country. It is destroying our lifestyle. So much of what we do revolves around vehicles, and the vehicles that use fuel to get stuff to the stores. Soon life will be so boring that your only entertainment will be TV as you won't be able to afford to go anywhere. Most people can afford the tickets at a race, concert, etc, but they can't afford the gas to get there. That high fuel price GREATLY adds to the overall cost of doing everything. Like boating? Talk about gas hogs! ATV's don't get the best mileage either.

Is that what we want? Or are we willing to try some tactic that will get the message across to the political hacks that we want the fuel prices reduced.
Rumor is that we, the people, run this country. Not so sure now. But one thing is for sure. We can fire our politicians and replace them if they don't do what we want.

BUT, something has to be done. NOW! :mad::mad:

I agree with the statement "Something has to be done". That being said, it IS up to all of us to do that something. I drive 125 miles round trip to work every day. I am constantly being passed by people who drive 10-15 and 20 mph over the posted speed limit, and they do so with arrogant impunity!
The supply and demand premise is not debatable. As long as there is demand, (read that to be SUV's, fast drivers, ATV's, boats, racing of every kind) then the supply has to be divided amongst them.

THE ONLY WAY TO REDUCE THE PRICE IS TO REDUCE THE DEMAND, PEOPLE!!!

Boycotts won't work, price controls won't work, mass e-mails to our legislators won't work, economics 101 teaches that the only thing to counter price is to reduce demand, or increase supply. WE can't control the supply, only the demand.

Start preaching this to everyone, "JUST SLOW DOWN!"

signed
Redneck

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back