Mid southeast gas prices (1 Viewer)

Nitrohaulic

Nitro Member
Just got off the phone with someone telling me that prices went up about a dollar. She said that according to local news, there was some kind of rumor about stations running out of gas and a rush on them, that people were lined out to the street everywhere and that stations then WERE running out of gas.

Scroll down to Knoxville, TN on this list and you'll see. 4.49 for regular, higher than California!

Pilot Travel Centers LLC - Complete Pricing List

Wow. Put "run on gas" and "southeast" into Google.

Last edited:
I filled up my car, the minivan, and the truck this morning for a total of $150 in gas, just in case. I did ya'll a favor by doing it too. If I would have left them alone, fuel prices would have gone up. But now that I filled everything up, gas is going to go down.

Just doing my part to help.

It went from $3.51 this morning to $3.89 this afternoon at 2:00. News was saying gas stations were not able to keep up with demand, but part of the reason for the shortfall is that the state of Texas said it was redirecting gas trucks to stations along all evacuation routes so no motorist would be left stranded. Then figure in everyone who lives inland that is panicking and the demand goes thru the roof.

If you click on the link I put up, Knoxville and the surrounding area is 4.99! Looks like that's anything coming out of the Knoxville depot. Nashville area (Lebanon) is cheaper.

i just back home from running an errand and all the gas stations were up to 3.80 a gallon...except the one that I fill up at near our house, so I stopped in to see if the pump matched the price on the sign and to my shock...it was 3.51 still!!! Of course I topped off my Altima and hauled a$$ back to the house to top of my wife's Suburban. It was still at 3/4 full, but I would rather top off now while my "little oasis" still lasts!:cool:

It went from 3.56 to 3.99 yesterday--as much as 4.59 in Little Rock and we heard rumors of $5 a gallon in south Arkansas and $6 in northwest Arkansas. Our governor declared a state of emergency yesterday afternoon--state law requires price hikes of no more than 10% during an emergency. Our attorney general was taking bunches of calls about price gouging and was asking people to call in and email pictures of gas prices. One station screwed up and meant to make gas 4.39 and instead it was 43 cents for a while--local tv station interviewed a guy who filled up for 3 bucks (sorry, but I just had to laugh even though some poor minimum wage guy got fired). It really sucks that thousands of folks may lose all they own, and some a@@hole wants to gouge them a few dollars more while they are trying to escape. Hell burns real hot for those crooks who are just overcome by pure GREED!!:mad:

Hmm..just paid $3.49 here in PA but it will be going up. Running errands this morning the local Sunoco station was $3.49 but when going by the same station about 2 hours later, it had risen to $3.61.

Give it a week. When demand settles down, so will the prices.

It doesn't help when everybody rushes out and fills up all their tanks at once!

But maybe next week when nobody is buying gas (because their tanks are still full) gas might be even cheaper. I hope!

Why is it gas price will rise 20 cents..and when things calm down it will drop 5 cents?

Somebody..somewhere..is making lots of money.

My brother got gas in Jackson, MS this afternoon for 3.78. Across the street, another station selling for 4.75.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back