Gas Price Idea (1 Viewer)

OPECs profits are building Dubai, the Oil Ministers are the ones raking in huge profits right now, Exxon, BP, ect have to buy thier oil from OPEC and what they don't buy from them cost's much more to explore, pay for right's and right-of-ways, pay to drill and turn into production, then pipe it to the refinery, or truck it, whichever is more feasible. By that time the cost's are 120.00 a barrel, there are thirteen OPEC nations and they set the price of a barrel of crude. THE only thing we can do is quit using as much or pay the high prices, as I've said before, buy a motorcycle, moped, bicycle or walk, carpool, do anything you can to use less.

I JUST DON'T THINK IT 'S RIGHT THAT A COMPANY CAN HAVE A MONOPOLY ON AN INDUSTRY THAT HAS SUCH A HUGE EFFECT ON OUR ECONOMY, AND I BELIEVE SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE AND THE PEOPLE IT EFFECTS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN DO IT.:mad:

Who has a monopoly in the oil business? Does any company have more than even a 20% market share in the US?

Who has a monopoly in the oil business? Does any company have more than even a 20% market share in the US?

MONOPOLY IS A DOMINATION OF A MARKET BY INDIVIDUAL GROUP (OPEC) EXXON/MOBILE ARE MEMBERS OF OPEC, PERCENT MARKET SHARE IS FOR MEMBERS OF OPEC, IT'S PLAIN AS HELL, THEY WANT THIS COUNTRY TO SINK IN THE OCEAN, AND OUR LEADERS ARE LETTING THEM DO IT.

MONOPOLY IS A DOMINATION OF A MARKET BY INDIVIDUAL GROUP (OPEC) EXXON/MOBILE ARE MEMBERS OF OPEC, PERCENT MARKET SHARE IS FOR MEMBERS OF OPEC, IT'S PLAIN AS HELL, THEY WANT THIS COUNTRY TO SINK IN THE OCEAN, AND OUR LEADERS ARE LETTING THEM DO IT.

When did Exxon/Mobil become a country?

This should read "We have oil too. Unfortunately, not enough to meet our demand.

No, we do have enough to meet our demand with over 21 billion bbls of current known reserves and discovering more every day. But we'll never get at it because, UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF NIMBYs.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions they say.
You only have to go as far as Washington D.C. to find both the cause and the cure for the gas problem.
Some day some historian will look at our demise and say " How could it have happened, they had it all and blew it ".

I'm not going to use up all J Rod's bandwidth but we are not being served well by our leadership and even some of those who scream the loudest about prices will not allow drilling in their backyard.
Clinton was paid off to set aside our cleanest coal find in Utah, one of only three finds in the whole world so clean no washing of the stacks is needed.
The other big one is owned by his big contributors the Lippo group in Indonesia I think.
Friends we are being sold down the river piece by piece by greed and corruption.
Ever hear of death by a thousand wounds.
The University near my house is allowing a well do be drilled in the stadium parking this summer for Christs sake.

Hello !!!! New laws do not permit dirty drilling anymore.
New oil finds are the short term answer and making diesel from coal which we have thousands of years of is another.
We have far more energy sources than the middle East and we are standing here with our hands in the air and our pockets empty .
If it wasn't for Canada and Mexico who sell us most of our crude we would be in worst shape than we are.
The US is ranked third in the world in energy even with our hands tied behind our backs and blindfolds on.

We can't drill off the coasts of both the East Coast nor the West coast but the Chinese are going to Drill [ using the old polluting methods] right off the Cuban coast less than ninety miles from the Florida coast.
I could go on for a couple hours about energy but I guarantee the Exxon gas you buy more than likely was one of 132 designer blends refined by some other refinery besides Exxon.
The government [ Federal , State , and even local ] dictates the blend of gas used in your local and since all the refinerys have to blend it virtually the same for that market then they can save transportation costs by selling Fina [ whoops the French own it ] TOTAL or Conoco [ Seagram's owns that one ] as Exxon and viceversa.
You want brand Loyalty buy Shell [ American Shell just bought it back from the Royal Dutch Shell]. They have clean additives others don't have.
I use Shell in both my Vettes bought at the same Shell station by the University that the professors buy Premium for their BMW's and Volvo's.
You see the additive Ethanol attracts water and if you buy gas that is not [ turned over often ] it will go bad quicker and mess up injectors.
I throw in a few gallons of unleaded race gas in the 450 HP hot rod 383 Vette cause it likes it.

Last edited:
When did Exxon/Mobil become a country?

KARL, THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING, THE ONLY CHOICE THEY HAVE IS OPEC. I HAVE A FEW CELLS LEFT FROM SMELLING NITRO TO KNOW THERE NOT A COUNTRY:D. ON THE SERIOUS SIDE, IT WAS REPORTED JUST THIS MORNING THAT OIL WILL TRADE JUST UNDER $130 A BARREL. THE COST TO FILL ONE BARREL IS $7.00. WE ARE SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A MINUTE IN IRAQ TO SAVE THAT COUNTRY AND WE CAN'T BUY THERE OIL. WE CAN'T DRILL OUR OWN OIL BECAUSE OF ENVIRONMENTALIST, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WHOLE PICTURE, I THINK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HAD BY THEIR PIERS(70'S,80'S) AND THE PEOPLE PUT IN OFFICE TO SERVE US. THEY ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING AND HAVE DONE *NOTHING* ABOUT IT. UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE NOW OIL WILL BE TRADING AT $200 A BARREL, THAT FIGURES OUT TO $7 TO $10 A GALLON.:mad:

Exxon/Mobil is a company. OPEC is the "Organization of Petroleum Exporting COUNTRIES". Perhaps this Wikipedia article would help.
[/COLOR]

DAVID, THAT WAS A INTERESTING ARTICLE, IT BACKS UP EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN POSTING, THANK YOU. EXXON/MOBIL IS AN ORGANIZATION DEVELOPED TO EXTRACT OIL,EXPLORING, RESEARCH, ETC. FOR FOREIGN COUNTRIES, OPEC. CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE BELOW. CHRIS, I'M SURE THAT I HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN OTHERS AND I DON'T CLAIM TO ALWAYS BE RIGHT. I THINK THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY HAVE BEEN DONE WRONG AND IT'S TIME TO FIX IT. HOW I DON'T KNOW, THE START OF THIS THREAD WAS JUST AN IDEA, YOU KNOW THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON IDEAS.

Exxon Mobil Corporation

[/COLOR]

DAVID, THAT WAS A INTERESTING ARTICLE, IT BACKS UP EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN POSTING, THANK YOU. EXXON/MOBIL IS AN ORGANIZATION DEVELOPED TO EXTRACT OIL,EXPLORING, RESEARCH, ETC. FOR FOREIGN COUNTRIES, OPEC. CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE BELOW. CHRIS, I'M SURE THAT I HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN OTHERS AND I DON'T CLAIM TO ALWAYS BE RIGHT. I THINK THE PEOPLE OF THE COUNTRY HAVE BEEN DONE WRONG AND IT'S TIME TO FIX IT. HOW I DON'T KNOW, THE START OF THIS THREAD WAS JUST AN IDEA, YOU KNOW THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON IDEAS.

Exxon Mobil Corporation

- David?
- That was a link to the XOM home page. Thanks though.
- One way to solve your pain is to buy XOM stock. Has a great dividend, that way some of those "outrageous profits" end up in your pocket.
- Why are you SHOUTING all the time?

- David?
- That was a link to the XOM home page. Thanks though.
- One way to solve your pain is to buy XOM stock. Has a great dividend, that way some of those "outrageous profits" end up in your pocket.
- Why are you SHOUTING all the time?

CHRIS, SORRY ABOUT THAT DAVID THING, NEED MORE NITRO:D

AM I REALLY SHOUTING :rolleyes:

How's this, my wife yells at me all the time so I'm use to loud voices.:)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back