National event #25? (1 Viewer)

They shoehorned a lot of stuff in a small space. It's a shame because they had a lot of potential being so close to the Miami market.

Does that mean they announce in Spanish?? I heard Miami is Cuba North anymore...

They still use english up there except when the sport compacts run (j/k, kinda).

However at Countyline Dragway (an old touch and go airstrip on the Dade-Broward county line that is being used as a dragstrip now) they do habla espanol; a lot... Being a "gringo", I don't get most of jokes they tell over the P.A... :confused:

Why dont they eliminate the duplicate Vegas and put in this track? It seems unfair that they go there twice. Pomona is understandable with the history and all but why Vegas? (I'm assuming they didn't already eliminate the second Vegas and I didn't read about it)

First off...

This Florida track can not hold a NATIONAL EVENT. Like it has been stated.... Where is the parking going to be??? (in the swamp?) Where are the pro pits going to be, THE ROAD COURSE??? This would be a very nice place to hold local bracket races, and perhaps a divisional race, but It just does not look like it could "Handle" an NHRA National Event. Heck, it looks like it would have a problem with the Moroso 5 day race as stated earlier.

Second.... you can't take away Vegas 2...It's just unconstitutional! That race draws HUGE Crowds every day of the event. Plus, its VEGAS....I just can't see Drag Racing fans cruising "SOUTH BEACH" for a night out during a race.

Third.... a 25th national event... NOT Gonna happen. 24 events is enough for our series. We don't need anymore.

During the summer months when the bugs are bad, the racing sucks anyway because it's almost always rained out... Too bad they didn't build a dome to race in somehow...

The issue is that the location is in a "black hole," when it rains it just rains while the surrounding area seems to be OK.

Gang don't worry about having seats on one side only. Most fans only see Indy for the US Natls. But Indy only has seats on one side the rest of the year. Yup the stands on the east side are temporary.

I agree 24 is too many already........ So nhra will probably go to 25.

Since the NHRA is trying to be like NASCAR they need to and a bunch of events. I vote for a second Richmond race!:D

This is the WORST idea I have ever heard.

The fact that I live in Vegas and attend both events every year has nothing to do with my opnion on the matter ... no sir ... nuthin' at all. ;) :p

And my suggestion has nothing to do with the fact that I live 1,500 miles away and have never been to the vegas race. ;) :D

Since the NHRA is trying to be like NASCAR they need to and a bunch of events. I vote for a second Richmond race!:D

P1, Phoenix, V1 to start the year...

An Eastern Swing early spring... Gainesville, Charlotte1, then Englishtown....

Minnesota, Chi Town

Then Bristol, Maple Grove, Atlanta late spring, early summer...

The Western Swing mid summer.

Huston St Louis Norwalk

US Nationals all by Herself

then Charlotte2 to start the down and dirty, Memphis, then Richmond late September/ early October...

Dallas, V-2 and Pomona2 to finish the season

okay, what did I miss?

d'kid

switch brainerd and norwalk.
MN race needs to be july or august to avoid possible snow-out :p

I'm still saying Gainesville needs more hotels... :)

I've tried twice to get to that race, as soon as I can get the schedule free, and the nearest I can find is Orlando, everything else is booked.

There are campgrounds a mile or two down the road, just check your tent like lugage. it worked for me! :D

I found a nice comfort inn with rooms two wks before the race this year. 10 miles from the track,if that.

I'm still saying Gainesville needs more hotels... :)

I've tried twice to get to that race, as soon as I can get the schedule free, and the nearest I can find is Orlando, everything else is booked.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back