IHRA to crown winner in Qualifying (1 Viewer)

if the fans want to see a winner, tell them the race is on sunday.

looks to me like IHRA got jealous of NHRA's meaningless gimmick (the clowndown) and started one of their own.

any real fan with half a brain will see this for what it is - a waste of words.

This also tends to get rid of the long delays by some drivers, who wait until the other car gets to half track before launching - makes for a better show and that's what it is really about. Since the night qualifying sessions are IHRA's big draws, IHRA management is trying to make sure the crowds get a good show.

I like it too Larry... I think it really makes those extra 5 points interesting. Makes qualifying count just a little more. I think a you may see a little bit of a pedal fest - those 5 points will add up at the end of the year.

Works out to half-a-round-win at each race, six full rounds over the season (maybe a little less, not sure there's a Friday night session at every race).

Last edited:
It appears to me that this really only affects teams that are running all 12 races. Top Fuel, NFC there will be maybe 5 teams(?) in each category running all 12 races. I think the impact might be greater in ProStock/Pro Mod.

Hey Welcome to the Mater. Congrats on last season. :cool:

I think it sounds like just one more way to have a good time at an IHRA event. The fans can cheer for somebody, the drivers get some additional recognition,,,I like it. :)

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back