National event #25? (2 Viewers)

wow that looks cool . might be nice to see the citrus nats again if they can bring in a couple nitro cars like they used to.

I've tried twice to get to that race, as soon as I can get the schedule free, and the nearest I can find is Orlando, everything else is booked.

Christopher-- In 2006, I was (miraculously) able to reserve a room in Gainesville just three weeks before the race. The reservations I had made for the race the previous April were fouled up somehow, so in desperation, I turned to Travelocity-- got a room at the Travelodge. Maybe it was a once-in-a-million stroke of good fortune, but it did work for me that one time... I hope I never find myself in that situation again....

Gainesville definitely could use some more rooms though. I always thought it was strange that there are no hotels near the airport.

-Chris W.

Christopher-- In 2006, I was (miraculously) able to reserve a room in Gainesville just three weeks before the race. The reservations I had made for the race the previous April were fouled up somehow, so in desperation, I turned to Travelocity-- got a room at the Travelodge. Maybe it was a once-in-a-million stroke of good fortune, but it did work for me that one time... I hope I never find myself in that situation again....

Gainesville definitely could use some more rooms though. I always thought it was strange that there are no hotels near the airport.

-Chris W.

Well, <namesake> :) I tried hotels.com, expedia, and a couple of chain's web sites. It seemed like I was going to end up in a tent ... :eek: Or Orlando. So I bailed. Maybe I'll try this next year, my brother lives in Miami and I need an excuse to get to that side of the continent.

You mean all tracks don't have an on-site campground like Brianerd? JK - we sure do have it good up here in MN though...

You mean all tracks don't have an on-site campground like Brianerd? JK - we sure do have it good up here in MN though...

Yeah, I thought every race was like Brainerd until I was 12 years old. I think when my dad told me that Brainerd was a one of a kind type of deal I was shocked.

The G-ville camp grounds were kinda fun though. There was one guy with a four wheeler and a trailer; of course I jumped on being the seasoned booze cruzing veteran that I am. :D They even had live bands every night that played on a stage built into the side of an old gutted Mayflower semi trailer. I have pictures somewhere. Not everyone there was as hospitable as they are at BIR though. I'll take MN nice over southern hospitality any day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back