"Most Over-rated Funny Car Driver????" (1 Viewer)

How right you are Michele. I remember a few years back, Whit had just won a round over John & I believe it was Alan Reinhart interviewing him in the turn-around area when up walks John babbling on & on about the race & takes the mike from Alan. Well Whit grabs the mike & says something to the effect of shut up & "this is my interview" & grins. Well I fell in the floor, John laughed, Alan laughed & the interview went on. Well you would not believe the people who jumped down his throat for disrespecting ol' John. That was the first time I can remember the Whit bashing & it has continued to this day, & mostly by people who don't know him at all. Some can't wait to get on here & literally pick at any least little thing. But it's the personal bashing that angers me most. Not just about Whit but with any other driver. Whit just seems to get the most & it's after nearly every race. There is simply no need for it but it sure does keep his name out before the public. Like someone said, where's the thread about Eric winning last week's race? Yet this one goes on & on. Maybe that's not a bad thing in the vast scheme of things.............."HIP"

Maybe it's just that I don't get his humor because he doesn't show it as often as the other guys. So, when he does show it most of us mistake it as being critical and disrespectful?

Could it be he shows it too much? Maybe because of his demeanor, most don't get it. Worse, maybe to some, Whit's not funny. He's alright by me.

Unless you are a big Whit fan or have talked to him personally at length, I don't think people get his humor. He is really a funny guy. I think people take a little smirk as sly not playful.....every comment as serious not jest. When someone is not known as a joker or a playful type when they do show that side of themselves people don't know how to take it. Whit's humor is very dry and can be taken wrong...especially by the people that are simply looking for another reason to bash him.

I AM a Whit fan even though I think he goes overboard at times. I met him during the Fast Orange days, I wish Drag racing had more racers who said what they think! The fact that some get offended when a racer voices his/her displeasure at Losing blows me away!

Some can't wait to get on here & literally pick at any least little thing.

I believe I could say the same thing about the treatment you get here if you happen to disagree with anything that Whit has said or done. I don't think anyone really gets out of bed thinking "What can I hate Whit for today?"

I like Whit and he was just havin' fun, If you people think Whit is a smarta$$ then you should meet My Brother, And he's just like Whit, You either love him or hate him, He's a good person though just a little tough to understand.

I believe I could say the same thing about the treatment you get here if you happen to disagree with anything that Whit has said or done. I don't think anyone really gets out of bed thinking "What can I hate Whit for today?"
I think HIP means that anything that Whit says on TV..eventually ends up here being scrutinized..never fails. And by the posts..everybody takes it differently.

I hear ya Kenny..about your brother..I have one like that..LOL I still run into people asking me if he's my brother..and most of them say "Man..I wanted to kick his as$!!"..hehe

Funny that this is a Whit thread, especially since the title of this thread couldnt fit him any more perfectly.

I think HIP means that anything that Whit says on TV..eventually ends up here being scrutinized..never fails. And by the posts..everybody takes it differently.

I hear ya Kenny..about your brother..I have one like that..LOL I still run into people asking me if he's my brother..and most of them say "Man..I wanted to kick his as$!!"..hehe

And I'm saying the same thing. If you happen to disagree with anything that Whit says or does, you have people who will try to discredit your opinion by saying it must be due to something else about you. You're envious, you don't like people who say what they think, etc, etc, etc.

And I'm saying the same thing. If you happen to disagree with anything that Whit says or does, you have people who will try to discredit your opinion by saying it must be due to something else about you. You're envious, you don't like people who say what they think, etc, etc, etc.

I agree Ron

Unfortunately, in the past, if you voiced displeasure over Blazemore or Force, you were automatically labeled a "Baze-hater" or "Force-hater". If you praised Selzi or Capps or Baze, you were automatically anti-JFR and bowing reverantly to DSR. Or Vice-versa. :eek: :eek:

Unfortunately, in the past, if you voiced displeasure over Blazemore or Force, you were automatically labeled a "Baze-hater" or "Force-hater". If you praised Selzi or Capps or Baze, you were automatically anti-JFR and bowing reverantly to DSR. Or Vice-versa. :eek: :eek:

Uh, well I like Scelzi, Force and Capps. What's that make me? LOL!

I'm not a Whit fan... BUT I'm starting to enjoy his comedy routines... Anyone BRAVE enough to fly the bird to the Kallitta's is either a comedian or a FOOL!! Maybe Whit has finally decided to have some FUN in his racing career. Seems since he gotted popped by Capps. His attitude has changed an we are seeing some fun from him. Racing is a serious thing BUT come'on people. It has to have FUN or it's not worth doing!!!!

Hummm....well, I like Whit and root for him, but I don't HATE Force. In fact, I think John is a hoot! I am an enigma :D ;)

Jeff, you are kiddin', right. John has shown his a$$ more than once & in more than one way. Can you just for once imagine what would be said if Whit did half the things that John has done.
Just a couple of stunts that come to mind that Whit would never hear the end of.
Droppin' his firesuit to his ankles at the finish line to show Al Hofmann that he wasn't cheating; screaming in Lee Beard's face with cameras rollin' for the whole world to see; Running rampant thru the timing tower to protest a red light he didn't think he deserved; wiping beer off his a$$ on his TV show & turning around so the viewers got a chance to see.
Don't bother me but like I said, what do you think would be said if Whit had done anything like that.
John has gotten what many would call preferable treatment for years & if you don't see that you ain't been lookin'..........."HIP"
hip. you know i love ya buddy, your my pontiac freind, but, how about whit saying robert hight got the driving job only because hes johns son in law? and i didnt know john dropping his pants on t.v was such a bad bad thing. whit has said much much much more garbage over the years than force. and i guess my point will never be taken because if you dont love dsr on this site your just a bad guy. its sad as hell. just because don posts on here everyone you bash the few who dont root for anyone on his team. whits a garbage talker in my little opinion period, no changin my opinion. like i said let force say something PERSONAL about whit, like whit does about john and see the force haters on here come out in full force( no pun intended again) . im sorry hip its just what i think.

No problem Jeff. I'm a firm believer in everyone having the right to his or her own opinion. The world would be a mighty boring place if everyone thought the same way.................."HIP"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back