"Most Over-rated Funny Car Driver????" (1 Viewer)

That's o.k. Michele... I got it before he even answered the question... And I hope 2+2 is still ? DamnYankee I always miss that question... lmao:D Who he was talking about though? I thought it was Dunn, but then again, you never know... As far as the finger deal, I wanna go to the video tape and see about that... I like Whit alot... But I love Skuza :D :p :eek:

Drag Racing on a whole is underrated!

The only overrated thing of late... ESPN's fascination with the Yankee's and Yankee's trade talk! If the Yankees don't make the playoffs, it will only take until the 1st inning of the Wild Card Game for the announcers to ask, "What do the Yankee's need to do in the off season to may the playoffs in 2007."

Amen... you said it all right there Steve.

...oh and I wish the Nationals would pay Soriano and keep him. I'm getting tired of hearing about where he's going everyday.
:rolleyes: To bad they'd never do some kind of deal with Baltimore, they'd probably not pay him what he wants anyway.

Sorry for the de-rail : ... and now back to your regularly scheduled Whit bashing. :D
What's up Whit, John's the man, but I still love ya dude. :D

Who cares who he took a dig at? Really.....who cares? Did any of ya lose sleep over it? Did anyone get hurt cuz of it? Was the race changed because of it? No. He even took a dig at himself too. The whole segment was FUNNY as it was meant to be. It was also ALL staged people :rolleyes: But here we are with the name callers again and those who do nothing but be judgemental about things they know nothing about. The same ones who just sit and wait for a "Whit" thread. If you don't like him....fine....but there is no need to call names. All you do is show your own ignorance. Man, some things never change. :rolleyes:

maybe we need o get whit a translator so we all can catch whats a joke and whats a joab:D

Who cares who he took a dig at? Really.....who cares? Did any of ya lose sleep over it? Did anyone get hurt cuz of it? Was the race changed because of it? No. He even took a dig at himself too. The whole segment was FUNNY as it was meant to be. It was also ALL staged people But here we are with the name callers again and those who do nothing but be judgemental about things they know nothing about. The same ones who just sit and wait for a "Whit" thread. If you don't like him....fine....but there is no need to call names. All you do is show your own ignorance. Man, some things never change. :rolleyes:

Kinda bitter there aren't ya?:confused: :rolleyes:

everytime that guy talks, garbage comes out of his mouth period! especaillay about force. in my opinion he truly meant what he said. let see whit ,he has 13 rings how many do you have? give the man some credit. hes taken more laps in a nitro funny car than whit will in 5 lifetimes. capps and scelzi, wwhits teammates always say johns the best evewr. always give him credit. and whit- well we know that story. grow up whit!

Michele, I guess it went totally over my head. I thought he said "wine, OBVIOUSLY", because they were racing in wine country.:confused: ..........."HIP"

Michele, I guess it went totally over my head. I thought he said "wine, OBVIOUSLY", because they were racing in wine country.:confused: ..........."HIP"

Exactly. I believe they even have grapes growing at that track.

I watched the segment again last night for a second time. Whether or not Whit was talking about Force or Dunn or someone else, looking at his statement a second time he clearly said what he did in jest. Frankly, I don't think this is any big deal. In fact it was kind of nice to see Whit trying to lighten up a bit.

OK, dead horseville on this.....let's have some real fun......who IS the most over-rated funny car driver currently running? Or does the fact that they have the stones to strap 7,000+ horsepower between their legs qualify them as never actually being over-rated?

I thought it was funny. *shrug* And I don't particularly care for Bazemore as a driver. Since I don't know the guy personally and have not yet had a conversation with him, I have to assume the segment was tongue in cheek. Perhaps we could give Whit emoticon flash cards to hold up as he is speaking during on camera interviews so we better understand his intent.

I mean, it could be worse. They could shove Barry Bonds into a funny car. ;)

Kris, why would shoving Barry Bonds into - or even in front of - a funny car be worse? Whit would probably attract a whole bunch of new fans if he were to do something like that. :D

Kris, why would shoving Barry Bonds into - or even in front of - a funny car be worse? Whit would probably attract a whole bunch of new fans if he were to do something like that. :D

Haha. I think we're onto something now. I bet people would forgive whatever Whit's transgressions are if we put Barry Bonds in front of his funny car. At the very least, he'd blow out Barry's hearing and it would be hard for him to whine if he couldn't hear himself talk.

Ah, well. Trust a reporter to be obtuse. ;)

If it's a misunderstanding, I'll join "Doc" in apologizing.

Over and over you see people here applauding Whit for "saying what he thinks." If anyone disagrees with what he says, they get attacked.

I'm usually not disagreeing with THAT he says what he thinks. It's often WHAT he thinks. I don't see a lot of people holding Whit to the same standards of respecting others that they expect of other members of this board.

I don't think the problem was Whit's answer to the question, the problem was the question itself. No matter what answer he gave, there would have be people jumping on him for it.:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back