"Most Over-rated Funny Car Driver????" (1 Viewer)

"Dr. Dirt"

Nitro Member
Can the "Guy with the TV show" really be the most over-rated Funny Car driver as was stated by his competitor today?

If for only the cordial way John speaks of Whit, Capps and his other competitors, I'd have to say that statement was more of a "chip on the shoulder" cheap shot than an honest depiction of Force's driving abilities.
Do 13 titles really come exclusively from great tuning? Seems to me I've seen too many pedal-fest wins from the Boss to believe such a cold statement.

(could be something else prompted such a statement, huh?)

Can the "Guy with the TV show" really be the most over-rated Funny Car driver as was stated by his competitor today?

If for only the cordial way John speaks of Whit, Capps and his other competitors, I'd have to say that statement was more of a "chip on the shoulder" cheap shot than an honest depiction of Force's driving abilities.
Do 13 titles really come exclusively from great tuning? Seems to me I've seen too many pedal-fest wins from the Boss to believe such a cold statement.

(could be something else prompted such a statement, huh?)
How do you know it was'nt a joke pointed at Mike Dunn, thats the way I took it. I dont think he meant John.

I guess it depends on how you see things. John's accomplishments have more than earned the accolades he reaps.
If the question is John the current best ? You could make an argument for TJ, T Ped, Capps and a few others as the best 'seat of the pants' guys today. Over-rated may be an over-statement, but I can feel the intent, especially as spoken from a competitor.

Last edited:
Surely not another personal shot? Last week's would have been a personal shot if it just had a name attached to it. Let's all be respectful and not say anything we wouldn't say to someone else's face, though. :)

I took it as a shot at John Force.....Hopefully he was kidding..... Knowing how Whit runs his mouth, probably not though.

I too thought he was kidding and referring to Dunn. But if he was talking about Force then it was indeed a needless cheap shot.

I thought he was referring to John at first, but maybe he meant Capps, with the "American Dragster" show, of course as he was talkin to Dunn, maybe it was meant in jest toward Mike, but who knows for sure, anyway, I thought the segment was funny and I hope Mike will get the chance to do that with most of the drivers.......................Perry Jr.

Damn, you guys are kiddin' right. Are you people THAT damned sensitive. If you are, how in the hell did you watch John's TV show & not come away hating him. Grow up................."HIP"

Oh come on now Doc!
Whit and Mike are good buds and ride bikes together frequently.
Clearly Whit meant Mike.
Maybe not everything involves the Boss and you have a chip on your shoulder?
Don't make me change how......

didn't we do this previously? :D :D :D

Just having fun with ya Doc:p

What show does Mike Dunn have?

Oh come on now Doc!
Whit and Mike are good buds and ride bikes together frequently.
Clearly Whit meant Mike.
Maybe not everything involves the Boss and you have a chip on your shoulder?
Don't make me change how......

didn't we do this previously? :D :D :D

Just having fun with ya Doc:p

I didn't realize Mike had his own show, he hosts one for ESPN but it wasn't built from the ground up for him. Anyways that smart @#$ Whit was probably jabbing at Ron or John. Did anyone catch his comments about winning the first round? No remorse at all, undertsand ge has to perform for his sponsors but he could have added a man I hated to do that but we have to win too in there. I just don't like his condiscending attitude, he truly has forgotten where he came from.

I like Dunn -- always have. But if the answer was inappropriate, so was the question.

I have to agree, I chuckled at the time but it wore on me. Obviously Dunn or whoever wrote the questions is really trying to stir things up. He had to know what the answer was going to be. I guess it makes for good Mater fodder.

I have to agree, I chuckled at the time but it wore on me. Obviously Dunn or whoever wrote the questions is really trying to stir things up. He had to know what the answer was going to be. I guess it makes for good Mater fodder.

i agree. anytime you go to whit with those selected questions there is going to be some s@#t stirred up. personaly i thought it was perfect timing to get people laughing. who cares if it was a stab at force. go ahead and take a jab when you can, just be ready to duck when they come flying back.:D

Damn, you guys are kiddin' right. Are you people THAT damned sensitive. If you are, how in the hell did you watch John's TV show & not come away hating him. Grow up................."HIP"

How can you watch Twit run his mouth all the dang time and be such a "dick" as he called his ownself, and not hate the guy. He's an idiot. He just needs to learn to keep his trap shut. And if it was directed toward John, well that just shows how ignorant he really is. If you think that Force cant drive, well you should join your buddy Blaze in the denial line. As for hating John b/c of his tv show, its called editing and the girls are supposedly mad b/c of the way he came off b/c they said he isint that bad at all. The network has to edit it to make a story. I am not saying he is the best dad in the world, but I know I would love to be his kid.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back