"Most Over-rated Funny Car Driver????" (1 Viewer)

Yup, Whit sure put his foot in his mouth: 7 pages and counting and, uh, who won the race again? Where's his thread?:D

I would assume either way it must be a joke. I consider Mike Dunn one of the best nitro drivers in the last 25 years. If he was referring to Force, does anyone think you can win 120 races and 13 Championships on tuning alone?

I thought the whole thing with the "most over-rated funny car driver" was funny and I'm a proud Whit "hater".

I was more annoyed by the "beer or wine" question. He said, "wine, OBVIOUSLY!". WTF! Is he a beer snob and consider anyone who drinks beer to be beneath him? Hey, I don't drink at all, but I sure would like to know what goes through his brain when he makes statements like that.

M&M...
Check the spelling on Whine... think that was a Whit joke also... people, take it with a grain of salt... Whit was being funny as **ck for a change...
and that's coming from a Papa John fan :eek:

it kills me because all the whit and dsr fans say lighten up. put the shoe (no pun intended) on the other foot ,and if john said something really really stupid about whit. hed be bashed on here forever!!!!

Jeff, you are kiddin', right. John has shown his a$$ more than once & in more than one way. Can you just for once imagine what would be said if Whit did half the things that John has done.
Just a couple of stunts that come to mind that Whit would never hear the end of.
Droppin' his firesuit to his ankles at the finish line to show Al Hofmann that he wasn't cheating; screaming in Lee Beard's face with cameras rollin' for the whole world to see; Running rampant thru the timing tower to protest a red light he didn't think he deserved; wiping beer off his a$$ on his TV show & turning around so the viewers got a chance to see.
Don't bother me but like I said, what do you think would be said if Whit had done anything like that.
John has gotten what many would call preferable treatment for years & if you don't see that you ain't been lookin'..........."HIP"

it kills me because all the whit and dsr fans say lighten up. put the shoe (no pun intended) on the other foot ,and if john said something really really stupid about whit. hed be bashed on here forever!!!!

No, a Twenty Plus Year John Force fan, also known as a B.C. (Before Coil) Force fan is saying Lighten Up... for a change I think Whit was being funny, I was rolling at his answers... Yeah, not boxers, not briefs, Whit strikes me more like a Leopard Skin Thong type... and I think he was talking about TV Tommy IVO.... (go to your history books kids)

I like Whit's humor, I like John's....

Which Brings Up The Burning Question: Where's Arnie Behlings and how did he hook up with so many... unique... looking women? :D

Unfortunately Arnie Behling has been dead for several years. I don't know the circumstances of his death however........."HIP"

M&M...
Check the spelling on Whine... think that was a Whit joke also... people, take it with a grain of salt... Whit was being funny as **ck for a change...
and that's coming from a Papa John fan :eek:

That's the way I took it too, Karl. I figured Whit was just joking around and I thought it was funny as hell! From what I've heard he has a real dry sense of humor and you have to factor that in too! IMO John is the better driver, (I know....we're splitting hairs here), if the car's not set up perfectly, but sometimes he's a little over the top for me.

Interesting..
The Whit attackers move in swift and sure dropping bunker busters on Whit’s comments, yet when some of us question the obvious gutter mouth (based on the bleeps) of their fave racer, the attackers come back with such logical statements like, "That’s just John being John." "He is a truck driver, that’s how they talk." and numerous other ditties. Something just doesn’t add up.

Hey now! Watch the truck driver stereotypes! (If they had a smiley with a halo over it's head, I'd put it here. :) )

I think the difference is that when John has been cracking up on the camera, most people have taken it as the humor that it was intended to be.

I think I can honestly say that us Whit attackers are more conditioned to what have seemed like actual personal attacks from him, which is going to make us a little more trigger happy.

I think Whit is the appointed " hit man " [ no pun intended Ron C ] and I was assured by PT Barnum I think [ In a book guys I'm not that old ] that any way you can get your name out there as long as you don't kill anybody [Important that is ] most people will only remember the name! LOL

Say you think Ron and Whit were seeing who was going to be the " hit man" when Ron Landed one ?
Nah they are just racers and I promised not to start any negative stuff!
I guess we gotta have something to ponder or else go boringly crazy on here!

That is probably true, yet he never won a race until that tuner came along either....

True, but there are not many top drivers (and multi champions) in the Nitro ranks during that same period (87-present) RE Amato, Bernstein, Scelzi, Scott Kalitta, Dixon, Schumacher, etc that were not aided by a top tuner. Was Lahaie the last driver/ tuner to win a Nitro championship (1987)?

I don't see myself as a "Whit attacker", but will say that I think his dry sense of humor and somewhat "snobbish" attitude are what make me expect more from him than I do Force.

Force is high strung, humorous and runs his mouth before his brain can catch up. Whit usually thinks well before he speaks. So his answers/replies are usually well thought out. I expect more from someone like that.

Maybe it's just that I don't get his humor because he doesn't show it as often as the other guys. So, when he does show it most of us mistake it as being critical and disrespectful?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back