Mike dunn is right (1 Viewer)

Yeah you have a hard enough time dodging Mike during the burnout 'BIG AL'! :) But you are getting away earlier than last year. It was great to see ya in Vegas bro. Thanks for letting 'FAST STANLEY' take a ride with Mike in round one. SORRY ABOUT THE RED LIGHT IN ROUND TWO. 'STAN' got excited and bumped Mike's left leg.

See ya here in Denver in a few weeks.

See Tim I do listen to what you say...yes I have been doing my ole farther away from the car...don't want to make anybody mad(he he). BTW...was Fast Stanley around the pedals in Chicago?? LOL See ya in Denver!

Hey Paul,
Next time you are at a national event...if you go to them...take your level and check the area where the wheelie bars contact the racing surface...maybe you will change your mind about adjusting wheelie bars...if its only done in the pits more than likely you will see your favorite p/s against the wall...is that what you want? We have been told not to touch the car after the pre-stage bulb is lit...trust me I don't want take a ride in a p/s via the wheekie bars!!!:D

Have a great day!!

NO, I don't want to see ANY car in the wall. Nor do I want to see any crewman go for a 1/4 mi. slip & slide behind a race car.

NO, I don't want to see ANY car in the wall. Nor do I want to see any crewman go for a 1/4 mi. slip & slide behind a race car.

Hey Zap... don't you think that anything caught won't stay attached for very long? Shirt sleeves, jewlery, apendages... all are pretty much toast on the launch..

Fear not, friend- one of the few places EVERYONE is on their game at the track is at the starting line.

I'm getting the feeling this sport is getting to be too intense for some folks..

Hey Zap... don't you think that anything caught won't stay attached for very long? Shirt sleeves, jewlery, apendages... all are pretty much toast on the launch..

Fear not, friend- one of the few places EVERYONE is on their game at the track is at the starting line.

I'm getting the feeling this sport is getting to be too intense for some folks..

Pretty much spot on Martini.

[
You've seen zero, right, thats cause when yer not at the line for one of your cars, yer in the pits. Us 'fans" watch the line all day. It was just a couple yrs ago at Indy two or three of the Ped crew were hurt with just one quick blip of the throttle.

:eek:That throttle blip wuz self induced by the guy picking up the body.. He reached down and jerked it up and hooked the linkage. Tony had the brake on for all it was worth but couldn't hold it. He did save it from being a lot worse though...

Well atleast they stopped allowing Pro Stock crew members from holding the car straight during the burnout. I know I'd much rather stand in front of a running funny car holding up the body in a position of total helplessness instead of touching a qtr panel with my finger tips...:rolleyes:

Maybe Obama can appoint a Czar to look into these issues.

Last edited:
Yeah... good idea! Maybe he could appoint Dubya, since he doesn't have a job anymore...

Great post Martin...trust me I watching whats going on ALL the time!!

Well atleast they stopped allowing Pro Stock crew members from holding the car straight during the burnout. I know I'd much rather stand in front of a running funny car holding up the body in a position of total helplessness instead of touching a qtr panel with my finger tips...:rolleyes:

Maybe Obama can appoint a Czar to look into these issues.

Jason...do you think it's safer for the car to wash out in the water box and approach the starting line sideways??? All we are trying to do is keep the car going straight towards the starting line target...btw water boxes aren't to lever either!:(

Jason...do you think it's safer for the car to wash out in the water box and approach the starting line sideways??? All we are trying to do is keep the car going straight towards the starting line target...btw water boxes aren't to lever either!:(

I know, you must have missed my sarcasm...

I've bumped a car a time or two ;)

Thanks Nick..I have a headache now.

Isn't this just much adoo about nothing? QUOTE]

Not really Dave, we're just trying to avoid injury BEFORE it happens instead of afterward. I agree with all those against the "matador" in Pro Stock.

Lets NOT wait till one trips or slips and gets hit or run over to stop that.

It's all an accident waiting to happen. Let's either ban drag racing, or have O'bama appoint a drag racing czar to regulate it.

Last edited:
If you are pushing a top fuel car by the roll cage you are directly in the path of the rear tire. Safe?

this topic has gone on way to long! a car is not in the staging process till it lights the pre stage bulb at which it is done under its own power by the driver. At that point it is suppose to be hands off, I will admit I push this with the activation of the RacePak as I wont turn it on till the first bulb is lite and then back away.

As far as pushing cars,as far as I know and every TF car that I have been a part of the driver does not accelerate for the burn out till instructed to do so by the crew chief or the person that stages the car thus he is looking out for his crew and car is clear to proceed.

I will admit I push this with the activation of the RacePak as I wont turn it on till the first bulb is lite and then back away.

I never understood why people do that. Racepak systems can hold minutes worth of data. We have ours set at 200 seconds, more than enough for burnout, staging, run, shutdown, even most of the return road... Never understood why people wait 'til the last second to turn it on. :confused:

I never understood why people do that. Racepak systems can hold minutes worth of data. We have ours set at 200 seconds, more than enough for burnout, staging, run, shutdown, even most of the return road... Never understood why people wait 'til the last second to turn it on. :confused:

I dont know what to tell you cause mine DOES NOT I wanted to get some burn out data but also needed some 300 ft data. I ran out record time before the light went green. and this is the latest edition Pro 1A which does not have that much run time(50 seconds) the 1B and Pro2 do.

Mind you this is on the NAA/FC, on the TFH and TFD I work on they do have Pro2's

Last edited:
I dont know what to tell you cause mine DOES NOT I wanted to get some burn out data but also needed some 300 ft data. I ran out record time before the light went green. and this is the latest edition Pro 1A which does not have that much run time(50 seconds) the 1B and Pro2 do.

Mind you this is on the NAA/FC, on the TFH and TFD I work on they do have Pro2's

Huh, interesting. Didn't know that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back