Max Naylor (2 Viewers)

did you ever see marlboro advertised or for sale at any nat. events during
the winston years?.........it's called exclusivity advertising [/QUOTE]

ok mike fair enough on that. how about camel or skoal now before you tell me there all from the same offspring as it's parents, how about interbrand competition. Your not gonna tell me that the guys that work for dr. pepper are not gonna want to beat the coke car or the full throttle team.

fine let coca-cola dictate the rules of their sponsor ball game to the nhra but at least be more of a sponsor and primary sponsor a car in at least half of the professional classes like winston did.

In addition, no participant in an NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event
may display on his or her driver uniform, team uniform, vehicle, transporter,
trailer, or in any other way at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event
site, any non-Full Throttle “Energy Drink” beverage name, mark, logo, or other
indicia, unless such Energy Drink sponsorship is evidenced by a signed contract
for FULL SEASON PRIMARY SPONSORSHIP existing as of December 31, 2010
or before, and has been approved by NHRA under was approved by NHRA
under the terms of the “Grandfather Clause” announced in February 2010. (or was previously approved under the April 2008 Grandfather Clause).
“Energy Drink” shall mean energy drinks and energy drink branded products
(whether or not the product is an energy drink or other beverage product),
but
NO PEPSICO PRODUCTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR TREATMENT UNDER THE
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE. Full details of requirements to qualify under the
Grandfather Clause are available from the NHRA Marketing Department

Attachments

• Sponsorship.txt
    1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
under the terms of the “Grandfather Clause” announced in February 2010 April
2008 (or was previously approved under the April 2008 Grandfather Clause).
(whether or not the product is an energy drink or other beverage product), but

whatever people wanna call it, it's absolute bull****. Coca-Cola has effectively made this sponsorship a monopoly no matter how fancy they wanna word it or how people wanna defend it on there part. I always been loyal to Pepsi and Rockstar anyway, and there actions are not helping me ever to change my mind. It's not like RJR in any way shape or form, winston by far was one hell of a better sponsor for this sport.

It might not mean much to you and yours but I think NHRA should dictating to COKE not Coke dictating to the NHRA.

Maybe NHRA went to Coke and said if you sponsor the series we will not allow other enery drinks. If a company is willing to spend lots of money on your product, in this case NHRA drag racing, you are going to take case of said company giving you the money.

Maybe NHRA went to Coke and said if you sponsor the series we will not allow other enery drinks. If a company is willing to spend lots of money on your product, in this case NHRA drag racing, you are going to take case of said company giving you the money.

the amount of money that coke spends on drag racing is equal to a few pennies falling out of there pocket. they could do alot more for the sport. they could double is not triple what they spend on drag racing, help the sport, make it as big as nascar, and still have plenty of money left over.

the amount of money that coke spends on drag racing is equal to a few pennies falling out of their pocket.
the nhra does not demand the same price as nascar; their series
is only worth so much money

they could do alot more for the sport.
why? the nhra waved a flag with a price on it and coke bought it with
arranged exclusivity agreements; coke is doing what they contracted
to do.
RJR sponsored cars in addition to the series.
coke is not RJR......maybe there's more smokers than energy drink
drinkers in an average sampling of drag racing fans?
why is there no more big bud shootout?
no more cragar top fuel classic?

they could double if not triple what they spend on drag racing, help the sport, make it as big as nascar
why would coke want to spend more? they have what they paid for.
it is not the responsibility of coke to improve NHRA
if NHRA wants to improve their series and increase TV ratings, then coke
i'm sure would gladly consider renegotiating.

why would coke want to spend more? they have what they paid for.
it is not the responsibility of coke to improve NHRA
if NHRA wants to improve their series and increase TV ratings, then coke
i'm sure would gladly consider renegotiating.

DING DING DING ... we have a winner here.

I see the bad with "exclusive" deals ... but the good FAR outweighs it in my opinion. How many of these companies would be involved at all without the exclusivity provided to them by NHRA? Not Many.

Like you said, the change will have to come from within NHRA, and they will have to provide a place where all brands will want to compete/sponsor.

So then you guys proved what I thought all along. NHRA management need to do more to make this sport grow. It's grown thanks to what some great sponsors have done for the and not from what the NHRA has done. I been a fan since 1998 and NHRA is more mainstream now then it's ever been, but it's still very very far from big time. NHRA keeps relying on some sponsor to take the ball and 1. sponsor a race 2. sponsor a team and spend there pr dollars with tv spots 3. add to any purse.

NHRA management needs to stop taking there job security for granted and act first. There paychecks are far exceeding the work they have done. From 1998 to now, I can't name one thing that the NHRA has done for growth except for partner with any sponsor that will spend there money to make it bigger.

It's not about the money, one key obvious thing that needs to be fixed that could instantly help growth, why do you have to take out a small loan to attend friday, saturday, and sunday of any national event and that's just general admission.

under the terms of the “Grandfather Clause” announced in February 2010. (or was previously approved under the April 2008 Grandfather Clause).
(whether or not the product is an energy drink or other beverage product),
but

Chris,

I agree there is a lot of good in the NHRA? But I don't see change in the status quo because there is no pressure being put on the management of NHRA to change. All we can hope is that by fate or luck you get somebody in management who can grow the sport. Its funny, you get 163 people, for and against government funding of a race team. We elect the people who make those calls. In NHRA we have no vote in anything. It is just all good with everybody. Give me ND, hat pin, decal, and spend my money anyway you see fit.

............its funny, you get 163 people, for and against government funding of a race team. We elect the people who make those calls.
premise second statement by responding first to this comment.
congress should vote for budgets; i.e. the army, whether adv't. or equip.
after they have voted yes or no for budget requests, who are they to say
how those funds should be appropriated?; they are not military experts,
they are politicians, they are not qualified to spend the military's money.

in nhra we have no vote in anything. It is just all good with everybody. Give me nd, hat pin, decal, and spend my money anyway you see fit.
yes, because the nhra is in the business of running of the nhra, you as
a paying member are not.
membership in groups, for the most part, does not grant decision making
power, it grants inclusion with membership perks

good points but then the nhra should at least be listening to the fans that pay the hardest money of all, they pretend they do but it always falls on death ears. Sure there are racers racing on hard earned money, but if you got money to race and live the economy cant be hurting your basic needs as much as the middle class paying nhra fan

premise second statement by responding first to this comment.
congress should vote for budgets; i.e. the army, whether adv't. or equip.
after they have voted yes or no for budget requests, who are they to say
how those funds should be appropriated?; they are not military experts,
they are politicians, they are not qualified to spend the military's money.

yes, because the nhra is in the business of running of the nhra, you as
a paying member are not.
membership in groups, for the most part, does not grant decision making
power, it grants inclusion with membership perks

Well indirectly those politicians have a say on who the experts are that spend the money because all General Officers are confirmed by the Congress. Thus you are represented when the choice is made.

I do not want to be a decision maker all I want is chance to vote on the decision maker. I want to know his/her qualifications on making those decisions. Just like when I vote for a candidate for office I expect to hear, or read some information which qualifies he/she to get my vote. It should be no different with the NHRA. What is wrong with knowing that people who represent me and you are fully qualified to do so. Additionally, just look at the Board of Director's of other organizations. The diversity and independance of the Board of Director's has a direct influence on how well the organization does in the marketplace. That's not a whole hell of a lot to ask for in the big picture of things.

whoops bruce, i think you accidentally identified the Current emnhra board of directors

Mike,

i would lkie to think that you are pulling my leg, this is truly laughable,

Gardner Ex CEO of NHRA
Clifford Current employee of NHRA
Light Current employee of NHRA
Compton Currrent CEO and Board Chairman

Clapp and the new guy. Now maybe there is someone who believes this Board is diverse and independent but they live on another planet other than earth.

Now we might have gotten away from the question of the thread as to whether Max Naylor could use another energy drink sponsor or any other beverage sponsor and the answer is no, nada, no way, absolutely not, hell no, and no without a doubt.

Now we might have gotten away from the question of the thread as to whether Max Naylor could use another energy drink sponsor or any other beverage sponsor and the answer is no, nada, no way, absolutely not, hell no, and no without a doubt.

lol that's great, and sadly it is what it is. It would of been a hell of a commitment, but rockstar energy should of never left cause now they can never get back in. Just like how del worsham had Pepsi as a small associate sponsor for 1998-2001 i believe and those 1 race mtn dew cars.

bruce,
as a simple request of etiquette, please, when quoting another's post,
do not add copy to their quote.

in post #36 you quoted my comment regarding 'identified nhra's b.o.d's,'
you then changed my quote to read 'Current emnhra'.

Last edited:
bruce,
as a simple request of etiquette, please, when quoting another's post,
do not add copy to their quote.

in post #36 you quoted my comment regarding 'identified nhra's b.o.d's,'
you then changed my quote to read 'Current emnhra'.
please refrain from this activity otherwise known as slander.
it is not funny - that is NOT what i said and hope to not see this practice again
thank you.

Mike please accept my apologies neither did willfully change what you posted nor did intend to change your post. I did not knowingly want to change your post. Once again accept my apologies.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back