Max Naylor (1 Viewer)

anyone know if ................
- max still owns company?
- max still wants to drag race?....in nhra?
- is vegas fuel allowed in nhra?

Good questions, Mike. I haven't been drinking as many energy drinks as I did a few years ago. So, maybe I missed them. But, I don't see Vegas Fuel in our stores here.

Mike, I think I can answer the questions for you:

Yes, Max still owns VegasFuel and he and Jane are working around the clock to grow the company into a national brand.

Yes, Max is still planning a comeback to NHRA Pro Stock with his own engine program, but right now he is totally focused on the VegasFuel project and the ReAction Graffix company.

Now THAT'S a great question and I don't have an answer to that one....I hadn't thought of the ramifications of the Full Throttle deal in regards to VegasFuel....but I'll see if I can find out anything...

Vegas Fuel and Monster and Rockstar were grandfathered at the time it went from poweraide to Full Throttle. But since they all left, I dunno if they are allowed back in.

Vegas Fuel and Monster and Rockstar were grandfathered at the time it went from poweraide to Full Throttle. But since they all left, I dunno if they are allowed back in.

if coca cola classifies v.f. in same beverage category as full throttle, that
would be my understanding also.......but who knows for sure, i don't.

My dear friends it is explained in the 2011 NHRA Rulebook on page 58

I hate this rule so what if the lead is full throttle and coke. Rockstar, pepsi, any energy or soda not from coca cola should be allowed in. It's not fair, it's all competition. Let there be a pepsi car. I bet if they allowed it Pepsi would sponsor a team and pay coke a million a year to let them in the nhra.

I say should come up with a fee (not greedy) to let competitor companies in to sponsor. This hurts the sport the way it is now.

Pat

I understand your point. The basis of our free market economic is to allow competition between competing brands. This is a case where a company has paid to dictate to the NHRA what owners can seek as advertising from not only energy drinks but all other drinks ( i.e. Jack Daniels, Minute Maid, Glacier,etc.) Why? Was Coke Cola the only sponsor to step up to the plate or could there have been multiple series sponsors? Other sports have multiple sponsors. Is drag racing so limited in sponsorship opportunities. I don't want to be negative but there has to be a better way than allowing Coke to have a monoply.

........but there has to be a better way than allowing Coke to have a monoply.

did you ever see marlboro advertised or for sale at any nat. events during
the winston years?.........it's called exclusivity advertising and based on
comments in a thread a few weeks ago, the exclusivity applies to energy
drinks that are direct competitors of full throttle, not necessarily regular soda
and other beverage types.

the question is, is nhra being paid extra for full throttle's exclusivity?
or is the price of the series sponsorship arguably to low and nhra just
throws in the exclusivity because they are thrilled to have a multi-year
contract to sponsor their series?

did you ever see marlboro advertised or for sale at any nat. events during
the winston years?.........it's called exclusivity advertising and based on
comments in a thread a few weeks ago, the exclusivity applies to energy
drinks that are direct competitors of full throttle, not necessarily regular soda
and other beverage types
the question is, is nhra being paid extra for full throttle's exclusivity?
or is the price of the series sponsorship arguably to low and nhra just
throws in the exclusivity because they are thrilled to have a multi-year
contract to sponsor their series?

Mike

The rule reads "Energy Drink" shall mean energy drinks and energy drink branded products(whether or not the product is an energy drink or other beverage product)" Now maybe I might be just not reeading it as it was rendered but to me this excludes Coors, Budweiser, Miller Lite, Jack Daniels, Minute Maid, or any beverage product. I give the right to exclusivity on energy drinks but to outlaw any beverage is to dictating to me. How do you view it? If I got Bards Root Beer to sponsor my car today it is prohibited by this rule. Even milk is out. That's crazy

Last edited:
bruce, it is absurd to reason all beverage products are forbidden.

on 1/27/11 in the "IRS" thread (post #122) you basically made the same claim.
this was followed up by comments by j. asher and c. cook basically
refuting your claim.

I not making this stuff up read the rule section 3.6 pg 58 tell me what you read and clarify my thinking or is there some gray area I'm not seeing on the page. In my previous post I typed exacly as it is written in the rulebook. Now is there some other rule that contradicts, supersedes, some precedent, or maybe I just don't understand the words "no other beverage" Now its cool if you disagree but let's agree that language is there and not a figment of my imagination. The reason I questioned this issue is because I read the rule did anyone else read the rule. It might not mean much to you and yours but I think NHRA should dictating to COKE not Coke dictating to the NHRA.

Last edited:
Problem is, you can't even view the 'Rule Book' on-line unless you are an NHRA Member...

Which brings up the question, why would I join an organization, without knowing and understanding their rules?

My last rule book is two years old... (2009) Nothing I found in section three was even close.

d'kid

Problem is, you can't even view the 'Rule Book' on-line unless you are an NHRA Member...

Which brings up the question, why would I join an organization, without knowing and understanding their rules?

My last rule book is two years old... (2009) Nothing I found in section three was even close.

d'kid

Karl

2010 Rulebook Section 3.6, pg 58 one whole paragraph.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back