March Meet (1 Viewer)

Matt

Nitro Member
This year is the first time in my life that I am actually going to be in proximity of the March Meet. I am attending a meeting in San Francisco on Friday and was planning to fly home on Saturday. Once I realized the weekend, I looked up what it would be to change my flight to LAX and then back home on Monday.
How far/hard would it be to get from LAX to Bakersfield? Are there shuttles?
Last time I checked there were still rooms in Bakersfield, I am just concerned about getting to and fro LAX...

thanks in advance...

Matt

I was thinking of flying to LAX and then traveling back to Bakersfield and then return to leave...what kind of drive is that?

And San Fran is what, 4 or 5 hours from Kern County? heck, I'd drive it and blow off LA

d'kid

Karl, except its a real ***** getting over to the 99 or the 5 from SF. I think you can fly from LAX to B/field but I'm not sure of the airline. Barbara flew from Ontario to B/F one year on saturday for the reunion.

Karl, except its a real ***** getting over to the 99 or the 5 from SF. I think you can fly from LAX to B/field but I'm not sure of the airline. Barbara flew from Ontario to B/F one year on saturday for the reunion.

True Mike,
I'm still thinkin' 30 years ago. Seemed like it took as long to get over the grapevine to the Valley as it did to get from Bakersfield to Stockton, and then only an hour or so more to the bay. Or run down 101 and cut across about San Lewie Ob.

Makes as much sense as flying from Oxnard to John Wayne to get to Seal Beach. (mom's idea so I could come home on weekends) I could drive it in an hour twenty, flying then backtracking took two and a half.

d'kid

Matt,

UAL has a flight from SFO to BFL for 382.00 round trip. UAL out of LAX is around 450 to 480.

I am flying out from Chicago for the MM. I have a flight from O'Hare to Phoenix then to Bakersfield on US Airways. My return flight is to San Fran, then O'Hare on United.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back