Lose music fs1 (1 Viewer)

I’m still waiting for the announcers to clam up once the cars are preparing to stage.
Yesterday, while watching some qualifying, I cranked up my sound system so I could listen to the glorious sound of a running, blown fuel Hemi.
Lohnes and Pedregon absolutely would not shut up. I believe they compete with each other to see who can talk right up to the green light, just before the cars launch.
Then they start yapping again, before the race is over.
I watched three or four runs and ended up turning the TV off and going outside to work in our garden.
People want to say the likes of Big Mac and Evans talked just as much.
Sorry to any current announcers but Mac and Evans belong on a pedestal by themselves.

I’m still waiting for the announcers to clam up once the cars are preparing to stage.
Yesterday, while watching some qualifying, I cranked up my sound system so I could listen to the glorious sound of a running, blown fuel Hemi.
Lohnes and Pedregon absolutely would not shut up. I believe they compete with each other to see who can talk right up to the green light, just before the cars launch.
I watched three or four runs and ended up turning the TV off and going outside to work in our garden.
Sorry to any current announcers but Mac and Evans belong on a pedestal by themselves.
Reason i wont sign up for nhratv,they wont shut up and cant hear the cars.

Evans and McClelland were great but how much of any of their work was done live? Almost all of their work was done in a studio well after the event. Big difference between doing it live and doing it after you already know the end result.

I’ve never understood why people complain about not being able to hear the cars on tv. It’s so weird to me. If you’ve been to a race, we all know hearing the cars on tv is nothing like hearing the cars in real life. Why complain about it?!

Evans and McClelland were great but how much of any of their work was done live? Almost all of their work was done in a studio well after the event. Big difference between doing it live and doing it after you already know the end result.
I don’t know how many times I saw Steve Evans interviewing drivers after a run.
What was shown on TV, albeit days after the event, was live at the time of recording.

I’ve never understood why people complain about not being able to hear the cars on tv. It’s so weird to me. If you’ve been to a race, we all know hearing the cars on tv is nothing like hearing the cars in real life. Why complain about it?!
Yes, but there's equipment out there that can reproduce the sound of a fuel car a lot better than what FS1 uses. Half the videos on YT on behalf of rank-ass amateurs sound better - some, much better.

Perfect example (and funny!); quite realistic if played on a quality sound system:

Remember radio DJs that would talk right up to the first lyrics of the song? And start talking before the last notes of the song faded out?
That's those two in the booth.

But remember- they are employees of the producers (NHRA); the show is driven by forces outside of the booth, and they are more than likely told what the bosses expect (how they want their brand to be represented in the public eye).

"Talk, or we will find someone who will.."

To the ear, there are so many audible cues that you can pick up relating to the sound of these cars regarding their performance, or whatever else is going on the track. I think you can get the hearing impaired version of NHRA TV if you don’t like listening.

The car sound is 80%. Their commentary is incidental.

Most of us subscribers don’t even need an announcer, although if well done, it is enjoyable. I’d rather not hear announcers at all. Just show me that little timesheet at the end of each run, with no commentary, and blast the sound of the cars just below distortion level for the microphone. I’ll pay for that for sure! I got a really nice home stereo.

They should acknowledge what we want, we’re definitely paying for it. This year, they seem to be trying to do that.

Last edited:
Let's compare the sound of a race car engine to music. You go to a concert and enjoy the the music, you purchase and upgrade your audio system to get a reasonable facsimile of the music experience. But there are no announcers yelling over the music while listening.
The problems of NHRA Fox shows are directorial more than anything else. Announcers that feel they must fill every second with words, stupid reliance on recaps to fill out the show and car audio all over the place even changing pitch with each camera. Easy fix fire the director and hire an audio engineer and director that get Drag Racing.
NHRA TV has horrible car audio (often none @ all), what we get is the TV feed from the track, stadium announcer, nothing from the pits, no plot, no story, just the most basic of two cars blasting down a track-boring but for the hardcore fan still better than nothing. Damn shame with VISION from a director all the issues could easily and cheaply be fixed.
Both services have excellent video quality, for a sport that relies on sound, the audio quality should be as important, if not more so.
This is not 1920, the technology is here to bring the TV experience to life

Last edited:
all i know is i tuned into Q show over weekend. i didn't see a car go down the track until about 13 min. mark.
nothing but fluff for over 10 minutes. boring. show me cars on the track, and interview the drivers and crew chiefs.
use the best microphones you can to simulate the real deal as best as possible.
show entire run, from firing engine, to turn off on top end. replay go-pro footage. show finish line cam. use drones.
show the facility, show the pits, interview some fans. you can show the two booth guys a little, not a lot.

Let's compare the sound of a race car engine to music. You go to a concert and enjoy the the music, you purchase and upgrade your audio system to get a reasonable facsimile of the music experience. But there are no announcers yelling over the music while listening.
The problems of NHRA Fox shows are directorial more than anything else. Announcers that feel they must fill every second with words, stupid reliance on recaps to fill out the show and car audio all over the place even changing pitch with each camera. Easy fix fire the director and hire an audio engineer and director that get Drag Racing.
NHRA TV has horrible car audio (often none @ all), what we get is the TV feed from the track, stadium announcer, nothing from the pits, no plot, no story, just the most basic of two cars blasting down a track-boring but for the hardcore fan still better than nothing. Damn shame with VISION from a director all the issues could easily and cheaply be fixed.
Both services have excellent video quality, for a sport that relies on sound, the audio quality should be as important, if not more so.
This is not 1920, the technology is here to bring the TV experience to life
ANnouncers a
all i know is i tuned into Q show over weekend. i didn't see a car go down the track until about 13 min. mark.
nothing but fluff for over 10 minutes. boring. show me cars on the track, and interview the drivers and crew chiefs.
use the best microphones you can to simulate the real deal as best as possible.
show entire run, from firing engine, to turn off on top end. replay go-pro footage. show finish line cam. use drones.
show the facility, show the pits, interview some fans. you can show the two booth guys a little, not a lot.
Fs1 sure likes to show rememember the last race moments over amd over,along with mission races. Why do they have to show all of fuel rd1 all over again when we saw it in earlier broadcast. They def know how to waste time

Endless talking on the PA seems to be part of the history of drag racing, and Tony and Brian just carry it over to TV. I still remember being at Maple Grove 6 or 7 years back for a Nostalgia funny car show, and during some downtime the announcers started discussing their preferred highways to get home, and how long the drive would be. I really was wishing they would just. stop. talking!

Endless talking on the PA seems to be part of the history of drag racing, and Tony and Brian just carry it over to TV. I still remember being at Maple Grove 6 or 7 years back for a Nostalgia funny car show, and during some downtime the announcers started discussing their preferred highways to get home, and how long the drive would be. I really was wishing they would just. stop. talking!
Announcers are like watchn .90 classes,only ones watching/listening are the .90 racers lol. Maybe im just old when i go to an event but some quiet time in between cars is fine with me,we dont have to have some karoke dj blaring music and announcers that wont shut up

Announcers are like watchn .90 classes,only ones watching/listening are the .90 racers lol. Maybe im just old when i go to an event but some quiet time in between cars is fine with me,we dont have to have some karoke dj blaring music and announcers that wont shut up
We are the minority. Only diehards hang around this site. At least 50% of the fans at the race don’t know who most of the racers are or much about what is going on. The track announcers job is to inform the crowd of what happened. At least once a day at an event I hear comments that make me laugh. Cruz was running in Chicago and someone said it was Courtney Force.. I usually don’t say anything because I enjoy the entertainment. As for the music and other stuff, it is there to keep people busy. Silence is generally boring. You have a 10 minute oildown I would rather listen to music or see something to entertain than nothing. Do you ever go to any other sporting event? At every timeout there is on court/field entertainment. It may be cheerleaders, mascot basketball, dogs catching frisbees, or fans from the crowd doing a contest.

We are the minority. Only diehards hang around this site. At least 50% of the fans at the race don’t know who most of the racers are or much about what is going on. The track announcers job is to inform the crowd of what happened. At least once a day at an event I hear comments that make me laugh. Cruz was running in Chicago and someone said it was Courtney Force.. I usually don’t say anything because I enjoy the entertainment. As for the music and other stuff, it is there to keep people busy. Silence is generally boring. You have a 10 minute oildown I would rather listen to music or see something to entertain than nothing. Do you ever go to any other sporting event? At every timeout there is on court/field entertainment. It may be cheerleaders, mascot basketball, dogs catching frisbees, or fans from the crowd doing a contest.
I can understamd the fill in while caes arent running,but do they have to blare it to where u cant speak to other peraon without yelling lol

Yes, but there's equipment out there that can reproduce the sound of a fuel car a lot better than what FS1 uses. Half the videos on YT on behalf of rank-ass amateurs sound better - some, much better.

Perfect example (and funny!); quite realistic if played on a quality sound system:

Great sample video, watched on IPad @ 1/4 volume, cranking it on my six foot tall Logan’s would be most enjoyable (especially for the neighbors)
More than likely a phone recording, a simple fix, would cost nothing.
Why does NHRA not understand their own product

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back